Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 293

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I rely on people to tell me I'm ok. I've exhausted those relationships and they're not there anymore. sometimes my mom doesn't pick up anymore. Fucking hell it hurts.

she told me I'm a bouncing board for her feelings about her alcoholic father. well I'm sorry.

2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

[​IMG]
    I have a similar thought nearly every day I commute and as the train approaches.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm glad you didn't there are multiple days at work I'm like being hit by a car would be rad right about now, probably a bad thing

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

StuffinCups and mad like this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I had this thought a few months ago while driving through a toll. It was terrifying how close I came to driving into the toll booth at full speed. Hope you’re doing well and my DMs are always open

Shakriel likes this.
  6. Shakriel

So tired and a part of me hopes I don’t wake up

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My sister and brother-in-law have another appointment in the city today and I am feeling anxious. I ended up babysitting pretty much all weekend because my brother-in-law ended up needing stitches and still doesn't feel well. I just have to hope that he has a bad virus. Still not ideal but better than cancer. I'll probably find out today. I just don't even know what they'll do if it is back. They both just finally started working and my sisters in school and my nephew is in school and idk how they'd just like... Reset to square 1 if it was back.

8. Carmen SD Nov 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2019)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

As much as I hated how things were being ran where i was. I got “let go”. Wasn’t even there a month. No feedback to improve. Not a word. Like I’m NEW. But the dr is unprofessional and doesn’t like patients to know staff is new fresh out of school. Like if he hears staff talking about it (that they’re new) he gets mad. Says they pay all this money (that he robs them of) that the pt don’t want someone new. For fucks sake if I would have known this shit was going to happen I would have stayed on call at my previous job. I’m always worried about money. And this makes things worse.

Edit: I was there for TWO WEEKS. One week actually clinically and the other freaking desk work. So really they gave me a week then said “nope”. Didn’t feel like I got a chance. The dr is so greedy all he cares about is money (bc that’s all he talks about half the time). This was not mentioned at interview. Plus I personally don’t feel like a week is long enough to see someone’s potential. Usually places give at least a month because that’s “training period”. Before I interviewed I had a funny feeling and my intuition was right. But I was so ready to started making more money I didn’t want to wait

Edit edit: actually I think it was more HALF a week clinically. So really even if you’re new and learning they don’t care and get rid of you if you can’t preform like you’ve been working for months

9. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I seriously just want to die already.

10. Kiana

My sister stopped texting me so I'm guessing that means the doctor is seeing them now. Super anxious and nervous. Fingers crossed it's just a virus.

11. Kiana

His cancer is back

12. I’m so sorry, thoughts are with your family :heart:

13. Shakriel

Aww shit, that sucks. :heart: Thoughts are with you and your family.
    [​IMG]

StuffinCups and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

hope he, your sister and your nephew are as okay as they can be and everything turns out good
    good vibes

StuffinCups and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  15. Kiana

Thank you. It's tough because they were just getting their lives back together. Tomorrow is the four year anniversary of when he was initially diagnosed and it feels so cruel that it's back. At least the first time my nephew was a baby but now he's older and has school and it's more complicated. And we live 3 hours from the hospital. Movies and TV shows where someone has cancer never show that if u live in a rural area u have to move hours away and uproot your entire life. Like he's going to be in Portland away from home for a month at minimum and this time they're treating it more aggressively and he won't have any meds to help mitigate symptoms so the graph vs host is just going to be really intense. I didn't think it could get more intense than before but it's going to be worse this time. It's just a lot to process. My sis is in school and working and my nephew is in school so it's like... Either be with her husband for the month and uproot everything or try to continue things as normally as possible and essentially have him battling by himself? It's just a lot rn

16. Shakriel

That's so rough. I really hope for the best and that this time they can eradicate it.

I just don't think I could ever live so rural that I'm hours away from a hospital. I'm just anxious for that.

17. Kiana

There are hospitals here but none are equipped to deal with chemo and stuff. But the hospital here also didn't know what was wrong before he got his initial diagnosis when other hospitals knew after like ten seconds sooo lol idk how comforting our hospital actually is

Shakriel likes this.
  18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

oh @Kiana I’m so sorry. thinking of you and your family :heart:

GrantCloud, bigmike, Kiana and 2 others like this.
  19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Does anyone have any advice on having a significant other with severe depression?

20. Shakriel

Just don't want to exist anymore. Woke up and everything seems to be a chore and a waste of time. Everything is just so very meh.

21. Carmen SD

Trusted

So I’ll find out tomorrow about the job. It was a little further in distance than I thought.

Also my previous employer tried “withholding” my paycheck and making an excuse why it’s not ready so I pulled the law on them saying it’s a state law that It’s required to be ready for me. I was so close to calling the labor board. Especially since they planned on letting me go from the beginning (totally fucking me over but they’re terrible people so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve done it before). It really shows their character that they’d get rid of someone who barely started all because they try to keep a certain “image” (not letting patients know staff is brand new). As someone who’s been in healthcare for a few years or really any job, I would like to know if someone is new so then I’m more understanding if they’re having trouble or just not that great at first. It’s really disheartening how they don’t give a shit about the employees

22. Shakriel

You should contact the labor board anyway.

bigmike and Zoshchenko like this.
  23. Carmen SD

Trusted

I got my check. They tried doing something similar to a co worker. I’m planning on contacting the state board or OSHA and filing a complaint. I also have the option on file a complaint with the cdc state personnel, which I planned on doing anyway from the day I started. There are several different complaints that fall into different categories (hipaa, OSHA, infection control breaches) that I’m not sure who to contact. I think it’s the state board

Shakriel likes this.
  24. Shakriel

Ok gotcha. I just meant to report them in whatever appropriate way.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve only ever dealt with it as the one with depression or with family members so I’m sure there are some differences, but all I can really think to suggest is to try your best to always meet them where they are in the moment. Every person is different and even every instance of depression can manifest in different ways so there isn’t any perfect suggestion for what to do or not do. If you can just be with them and use your knowledge of them in general to try to be supportive in the ways you normally would, that’s probably a good start. Sorry if that isn’t very helpful, it’s just such a hard thing to give specifics for.

Now to return the favor.

[​IMG]