Mental Health Thread • Page 293

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

the past is a grotesque animal Supporter

EB1F0DA6-47D3-4601-BCC6-77B3E9C8F9EE.jpeg

2. 100%. Supremely relatable content

SpookinCups likes this.
  3. I read recently that humans need about 17 physical touches a day to feel nurtured
    I get on average 0-2 a day, I feel like this is definitely a factor for why I feel sad all the time

4. marsupial jones

if i don't like your avatar i don't like you

that's weird / interesting.

5. Shakriel

I'm just so tired of thinking about everything Prestigious

Hmm, well that's me fucked then.

6. Jake W

I don't want your London drugs Supporter

Does my cat count

xapplexpiex, GrantCloud and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Jake W

Yes I already know the answer

sophos34, mad, xapplexpiex and 2 others like this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

this is really weird but I cannot stand being touched, my girlfriend tries rubbing me or holding me or whatever and it just feels super uncomfortable, it sucks because she wants to show me affection but I physically cannot stand it most of the time (exception is when I’m fall asleep she holds me because it helps me sleep). I’ve had this problem as long as I can remember and recall a similar thing occurring in my relationships when I was younger too

9. EASheartsVinyl

Trusted

My general mental health has gone down considerably since I haven’t had my dogs to cuddle constantly.

Shakriel, SpookinCups and Jake W like this.
  10. Jake W

My cat died and I adopted a new one in less than 2 weeks. Don't realise just how much you depend on them until they're gone

11. Zip It Chris

That berg attacked us, war on the arctic! Supporter

Hey, any luck with Lexapro? My wife just got a script today but is convinced that it will be horrible because of all the bad reviews...i'm sure it can help with anxiety/depression but would love to hear from someone that's been through it if you're willing.

12. clockwise

100 percent soft punk rebel. Prestigious

I've been on Lexapro for 7 years (barring 6 months when I went off cold turkey which I do not recommend anyone doing) and it does work. For me it's the difference between feeling like you're on the edge of a breakdown all the time and being just slightly better than that and actually able to function. However it comes with some nasty side effects, most of which I've been spared, I do think maybe my emotions are more blunted or just take longer to process than normal.

But here I am 7 years later in a much better place in my life and I'm starting to think about weaning off of them again. The withdrawals are very intense and longlasting though so I'm extremely apprehensive. I guess what I would say is that lexapro does work but it can come with a lot of drawbacks.

bigmike likes this.
  13. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

i have zero complaints, except it took me about two months to learn how to sleep through the night. it made my bladder hyperactive the first few months.

weaning off I had vertigo for 6 weeks. Worth it. Really helped me find balance.

14. RyanPm40

The best goddamn bird lawyer in the world. Supporter

Anyone try Vraylar before? My doc has nothing but good things to say about it and claims she hasn't had a single patient with negative side effects and that it just improves mood in general. Sent me home with some samples

15. xapplexpiex

the past is a grotesque animal Supporter

I’m sorry to hear that. Idk what I’d do without my babies.

Jake W likes this.
  16. Shakriel

Just feel very lost and adrift lately. Scared it's going to affect my job performance in a way that my boss actually notices and comments upon. Additionally, been really down on myself, wishing I could just go an hour without hating how I look. Also doesn't help I'm in a downswing where I'm feeling lonely.

It's all just sort of hitting at once and I'm a fucking mess.

17. god I feel so empty lol

K0ta, Shakriel and bigmike like this.
  18. Jake W

I feel so hopeless lately

19. I love this community and I love being able to talk about music with people from all over but a big source of my loneliness is not having anyone in my life who cares about music like I do
    when I recommend stuff to my friends it often just feels like shouting into a void and I'm tired of going to shows by myself or with my dad

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I'm a mouse duh Supporter

At least going to shows by yourself is better than not going at all, I can barely make any friends let alone similar interests

21. Jake W Nov 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 2, 2019)
    Jake W

People at work always make fun of the music I listen to. I wonder if they realise how personally I take it sometimes lol

22. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Every time things look up it quickly looks down. I thought my new job was going to be great but I want to quit so bad. A co worker just quit (after 2 weeks). No one stays past 6 months because it’s so bad. One person in the past did a half day and left. I’m planning on talking to my instructor on mon and tell her how bad it is (need to turn in my intern hours as well). It’s literally one of those places she tells us to run from. So many violations. Day one was a red flag, for the simplist protocol not being done correctly. I got scolded for following proper protocol. I’m literally looking up how to report to OSHA or the CDC or board. But I want to do that when I leave because from what I know of the “owner”, they’ll fire you which is illegeal. They’re also shady and racist. A worker (several) has heard them say they won’t hire blacks or Indians. Indians because of their accent (yet the owners have an accent?). If they do hire them they don’t train them on the front because of the “language barrier”. So for me and some others get stuck in the front with NO training (some may have previous experience). Again I have ZERO experience with billing and insurance. Also they lag on getting our w2 filled out and keep saying “tomorrow”. I was promised medical benefits but I don’t see that happening from how things are going. I would have stayed on call at my old job if I knew this might happen. I didn’t do on call because of the 5 day work week. Oh and they lie to you and say some late after hours (for emergencies) and some Saturdays but it’s all the freaking time! You basically don’t have a life. I got made to come in last min to “clean” because how unorganized they are things couldn’t get done. I said no because I wasn’t scheduled. There is so much more I want to say but I’m biting my tongue. I’ve trained at other offices and things can get done if organized. I’m so stressed out i wanted to cry. I was almost in tears. I don’t know what to do

bigmike likes this.
  23. Carmen SD

Trusted

I really hate not having anyone to talk to. My gut is telling me to run from my job and go to another office. Yet most offices want experience and I have very little with poor training. It doesn’t feel right. I never had this feeling before about a job. And I’ve had bad jobs. The first indicator should have been the fact that they wanted me to immediately quit my previous job and not give my two weeks. I said no I can’t do that. Then they were very pushy about my resignation from there. Then it should have been what I encounters on the first day as the next indicator to run. A co worker told me to do a working interview so I get an idea of how things are ran. Ugh I’m so stressed

Shakriel likes this.
  24. Shakriel

If your gut reaction is any indication, plus all that you’ve seen while there—run. Maybe stick it out while you apply to other jobs to have some income.

25. PureBlueSF

Like reaching hands that never connect Supporter

I came to the realization that pretty much all of the people I met through a certain arcade game (Dance Dance Revolution) have been better friends to me than most of the people I've known since I was a little kid. On one hand, I'm grateful to have all of these great people in my life, but I can't help but be slightly bitter that at most I'll see them once a week at Dave and Buster's (most of them maybe once a month when I make the trip to a Round1), and people who live 10 minutes from me can't be bothered to give a shit about me at all or help me with anything, ever. Yet these people who I met through DDR have done things like loaned me $40 when I was really suffering, no questions asked.