Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 292

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

At least going to shows by yourself is better than not going at all, I can barely make any friends let alone similar interests

2. Jake W Nov 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 2, 2019)
    Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

People at work always make fun of the music I listen to. I wonder if they realise how personally I take it sometimes lol

3. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Every time things look up it quickly looks down. I thought my new job was going to be great but I want to quit so bad. A co worker just quit (after 2 weeks). No one stays past 6 months because it’s so bad. One person in the past did a half day and left. I’m planning on talking to my instructor on mon and tell her how bad it is (need to turn in my intern hours as well). It’s literally one of those places she tells us to run from. So many violations. Day one was a red flag, for the simplist protocol not being done correctly. I got scolded for following proper protocol. I’m literally looking up how to report to OSHA or the CDC or board. But I want to do that when I leave because from what I know of the “owner”, they’ll fire you which is illegeal. They’re also shady and racist. A worker (several) has heard them say they won’t hire blacks or Indians. Indians because of their accent (yet the owners have an accent?). If they do hire them they don’t train them on the front because of the “language barrier”. So for me and some others get stuck in the front with NO training (some may have previous experience). Again I have ZERO experience with billing and insurance. Also they lag on getting our w2 filled out and keep saying “tomorrow”. I was promised medical benefits but I don’t see that happening from how things are going. I would have stayed on call at my old job if I knew this might happen. I didn’t do on call because of the 5 day work week. Oh and they lie to you and say some late after hours (for emergencies) and some Saturdays but it’s all the freaking time! You basically don’t have a life. I got made to come in last min to “clean” because how unorganized they are things couldn’t get done. I said no because I wasn’t scheduled. There is so much more I want to say but I’m biting my tongue. I’ve trained at other offices and things can get done if organized. I’m so stressed out i wanted to cry. I was almost in tears. I don’t know what to do

bigmike likes this.
  4. Carmen SD

Trusted

I really hate not having anyone to talk to. My gut is telling me to run from my job and go to another office. Yet most offices want experience and I have very little with poor training. It doesn’t feel right. I never had this feeling before about a job. And I’ve had bad jobs. The first indicator should have been the fact that they wanted me to immediately quit my previous job and not give my two weeks. I said no I can’t do that. Then they were very pushy about my resignation from there. Then it should have been what I encounters on the first day as the next indicator to run. A co worker told me to do a working interview so I get an idea of how things are ran. Ugh I’m so stressed

Shakriel likes this.
  5. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

If your gut reaction is any indication, plus all that you’ve seen while there—run. Maybe stick it out while you apply to other jobs to have some income.

6. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I came to the realization that pretty much all of the people I met through a certain arcade game (Dance Dance Revolution) have been better friends to me than most of the people I've known since I was a little kid. On one hand, I'm grateful to have all of these great people in my life, but I can't help but be slightly bitter that at most I'll see them once a week at Dave and Buster's (most of them maybe once a month when I make the trip to a Round1), and people who live 10 minutes from me can't be bothered to give a shit about me at all or help me with anything, ever. Yet these people who I met through DDR have done things like loaned me $40 when I was really suffering, no questions asked.

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m going to talk to my instructor tomorrow on my lunch to see if she knows a place looking and willing to train. I can’t bare to stay there it’s THAT bad. I’ve never seen anything like it before. Usually I can stick it out but not this time. Plus since they’re lagging on my w2 I’m not getting paid anyway rn which is really pissing me off

8. Shakriel

You’re not getting paid? Fuck going in at all.

9. Carmen SD

Trusted

A co worker that started a week before I did and quit this week, She never got her w2 filled out and I don’t think other worker as either. So yeah I’m going to tell them i fill it out or I leave

10. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Can anybody speak to experience with EMDR therapy? I should be going to somebody who specializes in DBT as it would work best (I am told) for my illness but a few therapists I am interested in seeing say they specialize in EMDR and I know nothing about it.

SpookinCups likes this.
  11. Carmen SD

Trusted

Told my instructor the terribleness that’s going on where I work and she had no idea otherwise she wouldn’t have sent me there. She’s gonna help me find something else.

Can’t be somewhere that can’t do the simplist things the right way. Plus they have people doing stuff against scope of practice! I told her that too.

12. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I've been battling trichotillomania, an OCD that gives me irresistible, random urges to pull hair from my body, for 7 years now. Logically, after having a nice conversation with a loved one about how proud I am for keeping a full beard for so long last night, I wake up today with the dark urges. Been pulling hair out of my beard all day since 10 am and my shift doesnt end for another 2 hours. I just want to go home and shave cuz rn half of my mustache is gone and I feel so anxious and embarrassed. :(

13. Carmen SD

Trusted

I asked to fill out my w2 or whatever and got ignored then the office manager low key refused to let me when I asked a second time

14. Shakriel

I wanna yeet myself off a bridge.

15. Shakriel

Coming undone in a way I haven't in a long time and I just hate existing in every facet right now. Feel like a huge fucking failure at work and the paranoia about it is getting to me.

bigmike likes this.
  16. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

[​IMG]

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m literally in tears right now. I never felt so stressed on a job and I’ve worked high stress jobs for 3 years. Because my office manager is a bimbo that doesn’t know what she’s doing and basically doesn’t train you I keep having to redo shit that could have been avoided if she explained and trained me. I’m so ready to walk out

Shakriel likes this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My brother in law might have cancer again but we won't know until he can go to the better hospital in the city and I feel like I'm on the verge of a constant anxiety attack and I can't focus on anything

Shakriel and bigmike like this.
  19. Jams

Trusted

Job hunting is seriously making me so depressed. Like I found a job that is essentially what I am doing now and they won't even interview me because I don't have a bachelor's degree. You absolutely do not need any degree to do my job, just training. And it is absurd that they want someone with that much education when they are only paying $15 an hour. The only jobs left are retail jobs and I'm better off staying with my current job bc it pays slightly more and the hours are obviously much better than retail. I have gotten literally zero interviews. Also trying to find anything full time is basically impossible. I can work another job part time if they go around my current job's hours but I am so burnt out on my job and really, really want to find something else but doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon.

20. Carmen SD

Trusted

Again I’m in tears. My office manager is having me do stuff I know nothing about and she doesn’t even know. Like wtf. Also she’s telling me to do things that I’ve done and not working. Like I just tried it. Def not getting paid enough for this. Plus i feel discriminated against

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm not ok

Shakriel likes this.
  22. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I'm just so fucking overwhelmed. Again.

Shakriel and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

Living with my parents is getting extremely toxic. Do not recommend being under the same roof as people that don't love eachother and are in denial! I feel like I'm walking on eggshells everyfuckingwhere I go and it sucks so goddamn hard!

Shakriel likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

Interview at another place this upcoming week. Crossing my fingers because I need to get out of the place I’m in now ASAP

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

@Carmen SD I'll be crossing my fingers for you too! good luck at the interview!

GrantCloud, Carmen SD and StuffinCups like this.