Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 290

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jams

Trusted

Now that I can drive I'm starting to look for a new job and the whole process is awfullllll and making me feel like shit. Like it's already hard enough bc there aren't a lot of jobs in my area in the first place, plus I didn't go to college. Then there's the fact that I have zero professional references bc my job in HS doesn't exist anymore and I have no contact for my old boss. My current job I work from home and my boss doesn't even know who I am I'm pretty sure and I don't exactly have coworkers I can use either. I feel defeated already ugh Like I tried to ask my boss anyway but I only have her email and not phone # and she never replies to any emails sooooo.....ugh. I legit only know family lol I don't have friends or anyone so I'm pretty sure I'm screwed.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah all my references are from my current job which I'm sure looks bad but I have anxiety

And applying for jobs is so depressing

GrantCloud, bigmike and Jams like this.
  3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

depending on how... shady... you want to be, i've legit had family / friends pretend to be previous employers (because some jobs require like 10 fucking professional references and when you're starting out or even just a few years in, who the hell has that many)

bigmike likes this.
  4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I just never provide references. I forget people I work with now, how the hell am I to remember people from the past?

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

As a person with a fairly professional career, no college degree, and a weird but stable work history, I find shopping my resume with “references available upon request” is usually best. Your cover letter is the thing anyone cares about- if you wow there, the rest of it isn’t super important. The job market is extra grim right now everywhere, so don’t feel like it’s just you or that you aren’t deserving of opportunities.

Mary V, bigmike, Jams and 2 others like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Fuck I don't wow there either

I suck on paper even though I'm not incompetent and the exact opposite is what prospers

7. Shakriel

My trick is to just never provide a cover letter, either. For whatever reason (possibly because my cover letters are shit who knows) skipping this and just sending my resume results in more interviews for me.

8. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I was a finalist for my dream job and was passed on it. The feedback I received was a resounding "you are ready for this! This was a super close call, keep it up you're almost there!"

However, I have gone completely numb emotionally numb as a result, I'm now just going through the motions in every aspect of my life and speaking confidently despite it.

Shakriel likes this.
  9. Shakriel

Bad. Just doing bad.

10. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I'm really tired of my life being a constant struggle with nothing to show for it and no end in sight.

GrantCloud, SpookinCups and Shakriel like this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Just to top off the acne thing someone at work today was like "are you okay? I saw you earlier and was going to ask if you weren't feeling well. you don't look well." Like

giphy-4.gif

Thanx I know I look like trash why are multiple ppl commenting on it omg

12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

13. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

*Thinks about how much I already think*
    *Tries not to think so much about thinking*
    *Definitely going to die young*

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

318A6BEC-77D5-489B-ABC5-DEF05332C02B.jpeg

K0ta, bigmike, SpookinCups and 4 others like this.
  15. Been struggling with increasing levels of anxiety over the past few months. It can get really bad at night, basically once the day is over and I finally stop focusing on stuff and lay down to go to sleep. My brain takes over and I go into panic mode. Haven't found an effective way of dealing with it yet.

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Trying to not have a full scale breakdown with all the unknowns and stress that’s happened this week has me losing my mind. I’m having such a hard time keeping it together and I truly just want to curl up in a ball forever

awwgereee, bigmike, Shakriel and 3 others like this.
  17. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I am sorry Joe, you can always message me if you want to talk or just rant. :heart:

Joe4th and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. Shakriel

Really struggling while at work today. sigh.

bigmike likes this.
  19. Shakriel

Finally get to go home and just fall apart. Held it together during work and then an annoying after work party for our company’s anniversary. Smiling while feeling supremely lonely during that wasn’t fun.

awwgereee likes this.
  20. Carmen SD

Trusted

I hate crying every day. I want to Find happiness again, but I really feel like it’s not in the cards for me. Just like anything good in life. For the longest time I felt like I was meant to suffer and it actually happened and is continuing to happen. Still hoping I get really sick and I can let myself die

21. Had a dream that I did to my boyfriend exactly what my ex did to me. I cheated on him, made up excuses to justify my behaviour, ghosted him and emotionally abused him. It’s fucked me up all day. It’s been seven years but I still regularly question my self worth. All my fears about our relationship have been playing in my mind over and over again and I feel so weak now. He’s been amazing, taking care of me like he always has. 20 days until I’m heading off to England, to his home and to his life! I need it more than ever

bigmike likes this.
  22. Shakriel

I hate how easily one bad dream can just fuck you up for a whole day.

[​IMG]

23. [​IMG]

On the upside: I didn’t apologise for being a burden while sharing! That’s something positive

24. Shakriel

That's progress! I hope the dream is just your anxiety manifesting itself ahead of the trip/move (I wasn't sure haha). But that's so soon and exciting! :heart:

bigmike and Mary V like this.
  25. Thank you :heart: two week trip!

Shakriel likes this.