Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 287

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

More like a 60 month rut for me

2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I... just don't even know today.

3. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

LETS ALL GET OUT OF OUR RUTS!

start posting your self care shit. right now i'm taking vitamin d supplements lol.

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. Shakriel

I'm uh listening to Julien Baker, not sure that's self-care tho.

5. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

does it help you feel good? or less bad?

6. Shakriel

It's questionable. But right now it's probably not helping but it's all my brain wants to listen to atm, especially as she released two new tracks today.

7. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

is there something small you could do right now that would help?

8. Shakriel

Probably, but my brain isn't being cooperative this morning.

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I take a lot of baths.

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I definitely need to bust out my happy lamp it's so gd dark all the time

awwgereee and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Seasonal Affective Disorder joining regular depression
    [​IMG]

Orla, jkauf and mad like this.
  12. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

fair enough friend.

49f.jpg

13. Shakriel

14. Jams

Trusted

Practiced maneuverability in my new car. Looks like I wasted my entire life's savings on the car bc I still hit the cones every fucking time. I cannot get it. No matter what I try I still hit a cone. My mom gets in and does it no problem like it's the easiest thing to do but I cannot do it. I'm never going to pass my test and will never get my license and I absolutely hate myself and feel like a worthless piece of trash.

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Remember practice makes perfect and if it makes you feel better the actual driving test is a joke, tons of things that you would worry about don’t even come up during the test. At least in my area there’s no freeway or parallel parking, and definitely didn’t have that cone maneuverability thing

16. Jams

Trusted

Yeah everyone keeps telling me the driving portion is pretty easy. My brother told me the route he had to take for the test so I’m going to practice that this weekend. I think I can pass that part but I’m not even allowed to do the road test until I pass maneuverability. I think my state might be the only state that requires it? Idk they got rid of parallel parking and replaced it with this. I keep practicing backing up and can do that, just something about maneuverability is so hard for me. I’m going to try and find a place to rent cones and see if that helps bc my cones are so small I can’t really see them. I just want to get this done with bc it’s really messing with my anxiety.

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

I've been in a 3 month long rut and counting

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

U can do it girl! My test had me back up along a curb and guess who still sucks at backing up along curbs and regularly runs them over!! I managed it on my test but when he had me merge back onto the road I almost forgot to put my car back in drive lol. The harder u are on urself the more frustrated you'll get and the worse you'll drive and it's a viscous cycle. Be kind to yourself and let yourself take a break if you need

Jams likes this.
  19. Kiana

It's odd to think about how we just work forever until we die. Like our lives are centered around work and it's so normalized when it shouldn't be. At least when I worked in schools it was like you would work towards each break and summer vacation. But working a traditional job like..... U just work and work and then maybe get a day off here and there and then before u know it ur old and ur body is broken and then bam death

jkauf, Jams, mad and 2 others like this.
  20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Petit nain des Îles and Kiana like this.
  21. Carmen SD

Trusted

Now that I have a new job I'm looking for apartments. The one place I really liked and fit my needs is a little further travel time. The problem is I still need a new car, so thats money on higher insurance payments and gas. The other places I looked at are too expensive in rent (starting at 1400+ for a tiny one bed). I don't know what to do. I may have to cut my losses bc this one complex had no pet rent at a set utility fee of $25, which is really good! And rent was like 1100

Soon I won’t be able to qualify for low income housing even tho I can’t afford regular housing!

22. Kiana

I was hanging with a friend who was like "do you ever think back to how you treated your parents as a teen and feel embarrassed/regret/etc?" And I was like ....no my mom deserved it. So that was awkward. And then further made awkward and sad because I think the way my friends parents treated them as a teen was not okay either but over time they have internalized and normalized the way they were treated to maintain a decent relationship with their parents as an adult. I feel like so many of us do and then it sometimes results in the perpetuation of the cycle which is sad. It really bums me out

23. Jams

Trusted

Y'all it is truly a miracle!!! I just did the maneuverability successfully like 10 times in a row!!!! I watched about 5 million videos on youtube about it and found one that just made sense to my brain and it helped sooo much. Our driveway also is long and narrow but has a kinda turn around thing beside it so all this morning I kept pulling into the turn around and practiced backing up over and over. My neighbors prob think I'm crazy but w/e it helped!! Going to go the next 2 days and if I can keep doing it consistently then I'm gonna schedule my test! Thank you to everyone for being so encouraging during my freak out moments! I don't really have anyone to talk to so I really appreciate all of your kindness :heart:

24. Shakriel

Awesome! I wish you the best when you go to take your test!

Jams likes this.
  25. Shakriel

[​IMG]
    not a good night for my brain.