Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 284

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

If you ever wanna talk feel free to pm me. :heart:

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

Stopped by to drop off a wait list app.. the the price quote I was given and what’s online is certain units only and it’s rare that they’re available. The “regular” price is actually a lot more and I’m better off with the other complex I’m on a list for. Again both of these are “affordable housing” which I feel like is far from because a non “affordable housing” complex has same rent prices

3. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I feel this. I basically just sort of stayed in bed yesterday unable to really do anything. Just sort of sat and stared...

4. Shakriel

Fingers crossed!

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Good luck! I was the same. V nervous and not many ppl who i felt safe teaching me to drive. I still have some driving anxiety but not near as bad. I had to take the test three times. By the third time I was so over it lol I wasn't telling anybody that I was taking it. The second time I failed I probably got the record for failing the driving portion the quickest lmao. There's hope!!! Good luck!!

Jams likes this.
  6. Carmen SD

Trusted

Well the fact that it’s more expensive makes it unlikely I’ll be able to afford it if an opening came up. Hoping something opens up at the other place

Shakriel likes this.
  7. Jams

Trusted

Well I passed the permit test and successfully drove ON THE ROAD not just in a parking lot. And I didn't throw up on myself so progress y'all!!! Still very nervous but hopefully I get to a point where I'm comfortable. (still would much rather just take a damn bus but since we don't have any here I just gotta suck it up!)

8. Shakriel

Congratulations!

Jams likes this.
  9. eight30

Regular

I am potentially being laid off in less than 2 weeks and these last 2 days I’ve been having such a hard time with it. I have applied internally for 3 positions but have only heard back from 1 for an interview. It’s my first choice but the fact that I’ve got one shot to stay with the company is terrifying. I applied elsewhere last night but I really love what I do and where I work and I don’t want to start over. I am going to look into therapists tonight because this isn’t the only thing getting me down but it’s got me way down. I’ve worked so hard to get to where I am in the company and it’s so discouraging that this is happening when I felt so secure and confident in my position.

10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Congratulations!

Jams and SlappinCups like this.
  11. Carmen SD

Trusted

Somewhat of a job opportunity but I don’t know if it’s full time nor do I have my X-ray license yet. Downside it’s literally down the street from my current job. I’m trying not to commute anymore especially if I don’t have a reason. The city I work in is an expensive city and there no “cheap” housing. I also don’t want to work In that city more for other reasons relating to my ex

12. Carmen SD

Trusted

I really don’t know how to explain it, but living is weird. Like it’s hard to imagine spending the rest of my life cooking for myself, deciding what I want to eat and trying to get by alone with no money. Like how do I make it? Who do I ask for help if I need something? What do I do if I’m sick and can’t take care of myself? How do I spend my “free time” keeping busy when nothing interests me and I get bored. So many questions. I’m just tired of it all.

supernovagirl, Shakriel and Kiana like this.
  13. Kiana

I think about this too. Like we just do.... This?? Forever??

supernovagirl and Shakriel like this.
  14. Shakriel

Anxious about the tattoo in just a few days and excited, of course. But it got me thinking and looking at my body and how much I fucking hate it and someone just looking at me as they tattoo me is making me very uncomfortable as I lay in bed right now.

15. Kiana

I had another weird ex bf dream and I don't know why it keeps happening or what has been triggering those memories. It was a similar thing this time where we weren't "together" but we were associating and got caught and i was ashamed. And it was like a dream-ception where in the dream I was horrified because this time it wasn't a dream (but then of course it was) and I had put a kid in danger to associate with my ex and it felt like my world was ending. Idk not a fan of this at all.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Today marks 10 years from my sadly unsuccessful suicide attempt. I feel like today is supposed to be a day where you look back and feel grateful for all of the experiences and such that only happened bc you were alive...but all today really feels like is resentment that it didn’t work and that I haven’t given it an honest effort since then, even though it’s something I think about nearly daily.

17. Shakriel

[​IMG]

awwgereee, Ken, mad and 2 others like this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm glad you're here

GrantCloud, Mary V, awwgereee and 4 others like this.
  19. Shakriel

Barely holding together at work, just sort of want to curl up and cry. I don't know why.

20. Kiana

SADLY unsuccessful?? I don't think so sis! I care about and appreciate you!! You provide pics of goat yoga and cute outfits. You give us pop culture references and nsync stanning. You give us your great takes on things like feminism and body image. You are so worthy of being alive and happy. I'm at least happy that you're alive in the world even if ur not!

21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

you're bound to have complicated emotions about this and I'm not going to tell you how to feel about today. I for one am so glad it was unsuccessful. like Kiana said you are 100% worthy of happiness and I believe you'll get it too. there are so many more goats to pet and songs to hear and days to live! you gotta stick around for those. never forget that there are people who love you here! :heart:

22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

definitely make time for yourself to have a good cry after work. put on some music or a tv show or movie that you find comforting and wrap yourself in a cozy blanket.

bigmike and Ken like this.
  23. Shakriel

Yeah, definitely going to take that under advisement. Been a while since I've had a good cry. :heart:

SlappinCups and mad like this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I don’t deserve you both, I appreciate this so much

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

I know I say it all the time but I’m really tired of living. Nothing has gone right in my life. My dad treats me like a fucking child and i can’t stand it, sometimes I feel like he can be a bully. Both of my parents were/are that way. I can’t afford a fucking apartment because even the “low income” ones have rent higher than my paychecks. Everyone says things will get better but they haven’t. Things were going ok when I was with my ex because I had hope, but that went to shit and I’m further away than where I was before. How much longer do I have to be strong. I’m starting to break down physically and mentally. I get more weak each time. It’s reallt hard because I have literally no one to talk to about my day at work or anything which makes things worse for me. I don’t know what to do anymore