Mental Health Thread • Page 280

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

make my wish come true Supporter

sometimes I have a dream scenario of being in like the Hunger Games or The Giver where I have one gray jumpsuit that's given to me and I'm told to harvest grain or whatever so I don't have to make any decisions because decision making is stressful
    I know how privileged that is too

Kiana likes this.
  2. Shakriel

I'm just so tired of thinking about everything Prestigious

I want all my meals to be contained in a single pill so I don't have to think about food and I can go about neglecting my other parts of my life with increased fervor.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ugh saaaame. Like sometimes I wish I could just work in a cute independent bookstore but that's privileged too. It's like Michelle Williams saying she'd quit acting and become a laundress. It's privileged bs. I know it is. Instead of being stressed with responsibility I'd be stressed about finances which is a lot more grueling (and lbr any job interacting with humans is gonna suck to some degree anyway). But I know it's the lack of responsibility I want. My fave time ever was when I worked part time and lived at home and went to community college so I had no loans yet. All I paid was car insurance and gas. Rest of my income was disposable. I feel so tied down now with debt and rent and having an emotionally exhausting job. The few times I get a break or a weekend I'm still stressing and can't fully disconnect.

tl;dr all the sitcoms lied to me and gave me unrealistic expectations!!!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. Kiana

If I actually made a decent salary I'd totally hire someone to keep my house clean and make my meals, or at the least have them prepare them so I just have to heat them up. I cant even be bothered to shower the last few days let alone clean out my fridge or make a nutritious meal. Heavy siiiigh

Shakriel likes this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

spending time with my parents on a less frequent basis has made me realize things when i do end up getting to be around them, especially as ive gotten older. one thing is that ive inherited my most toxic and ugly personality traits directly from them. another is that i was almost definitely emotionally abused growing up. at 27 they are still fucking exhausting and it feels like everyones one bad reaction away from a meltdown

BirdPerson, GrantCloud, jkauf and 4 others like this.
  6. atlas

Trusted

I feel all of this so hard, except I’ve realized all these things on top of being stuck in a house with them. Every one of my traits about myself that I don’t like can be traced back to them. My people pleasing/passive aggressive nature from my mom, my laziness and emotional unavailability from my dad. They also blatantly don’t like each other, but never even acknowledge it. Even when they’re in a “good” mood I get physically uncomfortable being around them because it all feels so fake

7. drewinseries

Drew @AndrewNCaruso fb/kingwildlands

Feel free to PM me for anything, but please do not sporadically take, or occasionally take SSRI's. It generally will take 4-8 weeks of constant dosage (or increasing in linear segments) to get to the desired effect. If you're not doing that you shouldn't be taking it. Only take it under the supervision/direction of medical professional.

I'm a biologist who has panic disorder so I feel like I can speak both languages a little bit. Hope you get things figured out. Again, please PM if you have any specific questions you don't want to ask in the forums.

bigmike likes this.
  8. PureBlueSF

Like reaching hands that never connect Supporter

I'm tired of existing.

Carmen SD, LWS and Shakriel like this.
  9. PureBlueSF

Like reaching hands that never connect Supporter

I realized that last message could construed as me wanting to commit suicide, but I want everyone to know that I'm not going to do anything to harm myself. I'm just very severely depressed right now. I haven't been able to stop crying for like the last half hour or so.

SlappinCups and Shakriel like this.
  10. Shakriel

Hey, I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling. I don’t see your last post that way, since I feel that way nearly all the time. I hope things improve for you and my inbox is always open if you need to vent.

PureBlueSF, SlappinCups and LWS like this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

I’ve cut myself off from social media entirely the last few days bc I’ve been very depressed and anxious of late and it’s wild how quickly I’ve realized how vapid everything on there really is. The only stuff I really need to see I can see in the politics thread.

Also insane how much I reflex click/type to those sites, only to be greeted with the reminder that I blocked them. It’s fucking poison y’all

bigmike, SlappinCups, LWS and 2 others like this.
  12. drewinseries

Also don't neglect exercise , be it any form. Anything that makes you sweat has profound effects on mental health. I've caught myself a few times feeling "off" so I just make sure to get 30 minutes of cardio in listening to music, watching TV, anything really. Helps a ton.

The hardest part with mental health issues is the balance of everything. It's never a one trick solves all problems, and it's different for everyone. Maybe medication X works with therapy, maybe medication Y alone is fine. Maybe just therapy, maybe just meditation, etc.

13. xapplexpiex

the past is a grotesque animal Supporter

This is too accurate.

7A676DE9-7033-426B-AB00-060644A9B17F.jpeg

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

Struggling pretty bad today and idk why. I guess I have these days on and off. I’m restless and my mind is such a mess I can’t describe it. I can’t focus on anything. I wish I had friends I can talk to or someone to send memes to or something but I’m not worthy of anything which makes it harder to get by daily.

15. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m worthless and ugly and no one is going to want to be with me with all my mental health issues. My ex left me because he was tired of it. I know he secretly hates me and is glad he doesn’t have to deal with me anymore. I cry every morning and every night. Wants sad is he claimed he understands mental health because he “studied” psychology for a bit but felt like it was wrong to feel the way I do, which was a problem for him. The breakup fucked me up so much I can’t take it. I never felt so low and broken and words can’t even describe. I just wish I’d get really sick and die or get in a bad car accident and die. I’m not worthy enough for anyone and don’t feel like I belong anywhere and just a waste of space. Some times I feel like he’d be better off if he never met me or just wasn’t interested. That way I wouldn’t hurt as much. I don’t want to hurt anymore and want the pain to go away

LWS likes this.
  16. Kiana

I'm trying so hard to reframe my state of mind. I went home on my lunch break and cleaned out my fridge and did the dishes. That has been a big sense of relief because it was a big source of shame and defeat. I think the hardest part of navigating my mental health is that it's a daily struggle and daily maintenance. It's something I have to be vigilant about daily and it can feel exhausting. It's difficult to have so many ups and downs. To be great one day or even one week and then just fall off the next makes it so hard to keep up. I get why ppl give up. Today I've had to give myself so many reminders to shift my mindset. I start getting mentally and emotionally drained and just want to sleep, but I'm not physically exhausted. It's my mindset. It's changeable but requires so many reminders it's just a lot.

Also @Carmen SD I hope you're doing well :heart:

17. drewinseries

Ive found having good structure in day to day is really helpful for grounding myself for whatever variables life/mental health brings.

For example, I try to make sure to read on my train ride to and from work, do deep breathing and meditation in the shower, make my bed, make sure I tidy things up around the apartment when I get home from work before I start doing stuff etc.

18. Kiana

Yeah I think I'm going to make it a point to try and work on at least one thing when I get home. Whether that be dishes or laundry or cleaning up my bathroom, whatever. My routine has fallen to the wayside a bit because I keep getting off work late and then I got sick. I'm hoping this week I'll get back on track. I have an appt in a nearby city which has a cool vegetarian selection so I'm gonna pick up groceries and try to get back to the gym now that I'm feeling better

drewinseries likes this.
  19. drewinseries

Hell ya, you got this. Ive found even if its something so small every day it helps. We crave structure generally, whether we know it or not.

Kiana likes this.
  20. personalmaps

guppy Supporter

Got myself half worked into a panic attack over my flight to London which is not for TWO WEEKS and now I can’t sleep. :(

21. Shakriel

My brain is bad and it's not been a good mental health week.

22. Jams

Trusted

I just really, really hate myself and do not want to do this anymore.

23. Kiana

I've been trying really hard to reframe my mindset like 10000 times a day and it has rly been helpful. The parenting book I'm reading has so many helpful passages. What we see in others, we strengthen in ourselves. What we focus on, we get more of. By focusing on what is not good enough, you will not feel good enough. When you feel inadequate, you tend to blame others for your internal upset.

This has been super helpful for me to read. I tend to dwell on things that stress me out or upset me, but by reframing it more positively it helps me get out of that rut and instantly makes me feel better. Like I can acknowledge the feeling, validate it, reframe it, and then move on. Granted I'm doing it 10000 times a day, but better than dwelling all day.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

I feel the same :(

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

It’s really hard to get by each day. I constantly feel ugly and hideous and will never meet anyone that will want to be with me. Everyone just ends up leaving because they’re tired of my mental health. I honestly can’t get by alone in life. I put a little bit of makeup on today before work because I didn’t have time to do my “normal” routine and I look in the mirror and see this monster. I have an increased in anxiety when I go out in public. I try to hide myself with a hat so my ugly face is less noticeable. I just feel like everyone is staring at me thinking how can someone be so ugly. I can’t go on like this