Mental Health Thread • Page 278

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure Prestigious

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I need to start looking seriously but I don't feel like I know anything I'm qualified to do

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

make my wish come true Supporter

I don't either and job hunting is depressing humiliating and exhausting, I don't know my value or skills and I'm supposed to have that beforehand it's absurd

3. ChaseTx

Yeah I've been thinking a lot about professional skills and how that relates to worth and how people have passion for work at all like it's not something you just have to do to stay alive and it's a deep rabbit hole

bigmike, K0ta and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It's capitalist bullshit how are job defines us,realizing that maybe kinda sorta helps

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah honestly the job hunt thing is so dumb. Trying to suck up to a corporation and convince them why you deserve to work there instead of the other way around smh. Having to beg for a job that u can't even live off of is bs. I wonder what it's like for jobs to actually like... Fight over hiring you. Does that happen lol? Foreign concept!

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think it only happens with like sociopathic hedge fund jobs haha

GrantCloud, bigmike and Kiana like this.
  7. Shakriel

I'm just so tired of thinking about everything Prestigious

Job hunting is garbage and just thinking about it gives me extreme anxiety. I wish everyone luck looking for a job/new career. Shit ain't easy.

8. ChaseTx

My parents are now telling me I need to train for the entrance exam, they have a lot more faith in me getting this fire person job than I do

9. Shakriel

I'm a mess and I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

K0ta and LWS like this.
  10. xapplexpiex

the past is a grotesque animal Supporter

Finding a career path and sticking to it was one of the hardest things for me. I teach kindergarten. Before this, I went to school for video editing, psychology, and creative writing. I wish you well.

11. ChiliTacos

bud's beards Prestigious

Yeah thinking about a future career used to give me pretty extreme anxiety. I hate what I do and have known for quite some time that it isn't sustainable long term for me, but the pay is good so I kinda just stuck it out. Made the decision to go to nursing school two years ago and I've slowly been chipping away at that ever since. I've finally reached the point where I need to ramp up the schooling and quit my current job. I have less than 4 weeks left and I can already feel the weight lifting off my back.

I believe there's something out there for everyone, but you have to want it for yourself. @ChaseTx if you feel like being a firefighter could be a good move for you, then that's awesome!! But if you're just doing it to please your parents, I don't see that ending well for you long term. Truly wish you the best in your search, you deserve something that makes you happy :heart:

bigmike, iCarly Rae Jepsen and K0ta like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Thinking of a career path when climate change doesn't make longterm planning seem realistic plus thinking about what salary I need to survive gives me a headache

13. K0ta

Trusted

I've been at my job a year and even though I am not in this for the long-term I'm still asking for a raise since I am being grossly underpaid for the position I am in, and it's giving me massive anxiety. I've never asked for a raise of this size and I have no idea how to go about this haha

14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

15. ChaseTx

Yeah nursing is something I really want to do but I've kinda put myself in a position where going back to school will be very difficult to do.

Aside from that, I want to get out of sales for sure and do something that isn't so focused on profit.

bigmike likes this.
  16. ChiliTacos

bud's beards Prestigious

I understand that. I'm leaving sales and it's so draining and soul sucking.

You could always do something like EMT which is just like one course I believe and maybe get in somewhere that would pay for more schooling? Just a thought. Again I wish you all the best.

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

if i don't like your avatar i don't like you

Being a firefighter is a shit ton of work mentally and physically. If that’s not what you want to do or have ambition in I would avoid it @ChaseTx

Not to mention the time requirements, odd schedules and everything else that goes into a job where you’re literally saving people’s lives.

What about an admin assistant? Or working as a contract worker on short / medium term (6-9 month) assignments? That way if it sucks you can end early or make it to the end and then go on to something new but utilizing new skills you learned along the way without needing to find a whole new employer.

18. ChaseTx

I should look into admin assistant jobs. I think an issue I have is all my jobs have been sales/customer service so those are the only jobs I see, but it's not what I want to do. And I don't necessarily know what I should be looking for.

19. xapplexpiex

I got put on Adderall and started taking it yesterday morning. Ever since then, I’ve had a facial tic, dry mouth to the point of my lips being so chapt it looks like I’m wearing lipstick, and my heart is racing. I won’t be taking it tomorrow.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. RyanPm40

The best goddamn bird lawyer in the world. Supporter

Yeah that's why I stopped taking it. It also made me irritable as hell when I would come down from it and my brain would be in such a fog. It truly did wonders and helped me a lot in concentration, but the side effects just weren't worth it :/ really sucks

21. Carmen SD

Trusted

My mind and body are exhausted beyond I can handle. I’m not thinking straight at all and have been very forgetful. We’re constantly short staffed at my job and they don’t seem to do anything about it. It’s gotten busier so we’re doing twice the job while the people who don’t need more people on their unit and constantly getting new hires. They already sit around do nothing for half the shift which has been reported several times to the big boss, but nothing changes. More people would just allow them to sit around more while my unit breaks their backs and doesn’t get a breather.

22. K0ta

Trusted

Hahaha I'll be bringing that student loan debt millennial who can't even cover rent with one job realness to this meeting

bigmike likes this.
  23. xapplexpiex

I need a self-care night right now. KFC and Netflix it is...

Shakriel likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m never good enough. I have so many mental issues no one would want to be with me. I can’t function in life alone. I really don’t know why I was put on earth to live this terrible life. Nothing ever goes right. I get treated like a fucking child still i can’t stand it.

LWS likes this.
  25. Shakriel

I feel you on this one.
    [​IMG]

GrantCloud and LWS like this.