Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 276

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jason

Regular

Feels like everything's coming to an end. Not much of anything to look forward to and feel like I'm in the same exact spot I was in 5 years ago; I'm just older now.

2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

After spending the last 10 days with my parents, this tweet actually made me hold my breath

figureitout, mad and Zoshchenko like this.
  3. Carmen SD

Trusted

All my life I never felt like anything has gone right. Everything still seems that way. Things always go to shit. I’m tired of crying all the time. I don’t know what I did to deserve this terrible life. I’m tired of it all

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just want to post and say if you’re a lurker, or poster, this community is here for you. We’re accepting and caring, and would be willing to help. Nobody is alone.

5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

No issue too big or too small, either.

(for those who tend to think "other people have it way worse, so I shouldn't feel this way")

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

That’s a mindset I often struggle with.

bigmike likes this.
  7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

You're valid and so are your feelings.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

LWS, mad, bigmike and 1 other person like this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

Today is the first day in years that I've actually felt "alright" and that I can "beat" whatever is going on in my head. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I hope it's more of the same, at least.

LWS, SlappinCups and Kiana like this.
  10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm having a lot of work related anxiety today and wondering if I should shell out $35 to see my therapist this weekend or if I just need to get serious about looking for a job. Or if my therapist can help me figure out how to do that

Shakriel, iCarly Rae Jepsen and K0ta like this.
  11. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Seeing your therapist could really help you identify what is giving you anxiety and that will enable you to do something about it. It's hard to make a plan to deal with it when you're not entirely sure where it's coming from in the first place. Or even if you do figure that out, therapists are good for helping you create and work through a plan that you'll actually stick to.

12. ChaseTx

Really feel like it's just the nature of my job and it's something I'm trapped into. I need to find a way to get a job in an entirely different position and industry

I just applied to an opening for a firefighter because my parents have been on me to do it, haha. Can't see that working out but it would certainly be better

bigmike, K0ta and SlappinCups like this.
  13. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Do you think it's worth making another career jump into something else that you don't want to ultimately do? Having a job at least gives you the space to think a little bit more about what the next step could be - a proper next step for you, not your parents. But I also understand that sometimes it's also just important to make ends meet.

14. ChaseTx

Yeah, I'm not going to leave my job without something else lined up. But yeah I think a big change of direction would be a good thing

15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Rooting for you, chase. You’ll do great things at whatever job you land at. We’re all on your side.

16. ChaseTx

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I need to start looking seriously but I don't feel like I know anything I'm qualified to do

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't either and job hunting is depressing humiliating and exhausting, I don't know my value or skills and I'm supposed to have that beforehand it's absurd

18. ChaseTx

Yeah I've been thinking a lot about professional skills and how that relates to worth and how people have passion for work at all like it's not something you just have to do to stay alive and it's a deep rabbit hole

bigmike, K0ta and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It's capitalist bullshit how are job defines us,realizing that maybe kinda sorta helps

20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah honestly the job hunt thing is so dumb. Trying to suck up to a corporation and convince them why you deserve to work there instead of the other way around smh. Having to beg for a job that u can't even live off of is bs. I wonder what it's like for jobs to actually like... Fight over hiring you. Does that happen lol? Foreign concept!

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think it only happens with like sociopathic hedge fund jobs haha

GrantCloud, bigmike and Kiana like this.
  22. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Job hunting is garbage and just thinking about it gives me extreme anxiety. I wish everyone luck looking for a job/new career. Shit ain't easy.

23. ChaseTx

My parents are now telling me I need to train for the entrance exam, they have a lot more faith in me getting this fire person job than I do

24. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I'm a mess and I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

K0ta and LWS like this.
  25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Finding a career path and sticking to it was one of the hardest things for me. I teach kindergarten. Before this, I went to school for video editing, psychology, and creative writing. I wish you well.