Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 274

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

can't lose friends if you don't make friends
    [​IMG]

Mary V and Kiana like this.
  2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Sure. Let's go with it being intentional.
    [​IMG]

LWS and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah I've had to get better at declining plans. But like I'd rather someone just decline plans straight off than accept plans and cancel. I used to just go along with anyone's plans to not disappoint, but lately I'm like lol no screw that it sounds terrible and I'm not doing it. I'm constantly doing favors for friends and being like the social worker to friends and I don't mind it sometimes, but it often feels one-sided. More and more I just wanna do things alone and not worry about others.

4. Shakriel

That's good. You need to be able to say no and not just be there when they need you. Definitely needs to be some give from both sides.

5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

If I needed any confirmation that I was going to be an overly emotional mess today, Georgia by Phoebe Bridgers came on a playlist and I started crying almost immediately soooo that's how it's going to be today I see haha.

Kiana, Shrek, bigmike and 2 others like this.
  6. Kiana

Wow idk how to process this. Feel like I can't confide in others because I don't want to risk secondary trauma, so I'm just struggling. Bummed cause I usually have therapy on Fridays but I don't tomorrow. Someone I could normally confide in without breaking confidentiality has a different stance on this issue so I feel like that's not even an outlet for me. Idk idk

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

Never feel like I’m good enough.

8. Shakriel

I'm far enough removed that you could chance talking to me about it, if you needed to vent; though I know the confidentiality aspect is rough.

Either way, hope you're hanging in there!

9. Kiana

Thanx! I hung out with my nephew after work and am planning a decent weekend so I hope that helps. It'll be okay. Just super devastating and there's nothing I can do so it feels v powerless

10. Shakriel

Well that all sounds positive! Hopefully the weekend is super fun. Sucks to feel powerless about a situation tho. :(

11. Shakriel

Haven't been doing too well this week. No reason in particular that I can discern; just kind of not being able to hold myself together very well. Glad today is Friday and I work from home so I can just sort of quietly exist. I dunno, my brain is bad.

12. JamesSparrow

That's how the last 4-5 months have been going for me. Very vacant feeling after an onslaught of a lot of rough times that I haven't really been able to shake. Finding bits of solace in the drink but know that's not really the best cure to any of it really.

13. Shakriel

Sorry to hear that! I hope things start looking up for you soon. 4-5 months straight of this mood isn't good for anyone. :heart: I tend to spend money I don't have on things I don't really need, which adds stress when I go to pay bills.

14. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

The world is just completely against me today and for the first time in what feels like way too long it’s actually not getting the best of me. I certainly don’t understand this mood I’m in, but I’d like it to last please and thank you

15. JamesSparrow

That was a phase I went through as well for a bit. Had to cut that real quick.

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’m trying to deal with the past trauma in my life, the events and the people who hurt me. It’s been painful and it’s made realize hard truths about myself but I find myself getting better every therapy session.

SlappinCups and mad like this.
  17. Carmen SD

Trusted

This up coming weekend would have been our 2 year from our first date. It makes things a little harder knowing I won’t see year 3 like i thought. I wanted us to do something nice, but I guess me taking long to open up about things was too much to handle. It only took long because he’d make certain comments that made me feel like he won’t understand where I’m coming from

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

My fiancé and I are atheists. I was raised Catholic. Baptism, first communion, confirmation...all that stuff. My family will have a fit when I tell them I don’t want the wedding in a church or anything religious. I know toxic people are toxic, even if they’re family, but I’m nervous how they’ll react.

19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

ignoring it till it goes away is working great :-|

20. xapplexpiex Jul 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2019)
    xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

A lot of times, I don’t know how to feel emotions and how to express them. Also, my social anxiety keeps me from leaving my apartment. I often forget to eat and I don’t have any friends. I’m such a mess of a person.

LWS likes this.
  21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

FCF99027-A953-46F8-B646-CC714CEA6A13.jpeg This explains a lot.

22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

came across this on tumblr and it really spoke to me

23. Kiana

I complain about this every month but ugh @ PMS symptoms. Without fail every month I wonder why I'm so like torturously fatigued and it always ends up being the week before my period. My dr appt is next month but it sucks just feeling completely exhausted and like I didn't get any sleep, even tho I did. All I want to do is sleep but I have to work and have a life and bleh.

bigmike likes this.
  24. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I'm really not getting any better emotionally and I'm suffering from severe writer's block. Like, it's been a dream of mine to be a novelist since I was pretty young, but I can't seem to find the time or even desire to do it because I'm so fucking sad all the time. It sucks because I came up with an idea I was actually pretty damn happy with but now it's just sitting in limbo because I suck as a person

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

My anxiety is high and I don’t know what to do. I’m also going for a career change which give me more anxiety because I hope to land a job by the end of the year but also I worry about my fur baby