Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 262

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Experiencing burn out HARD but I still have so much on my plate and I’m getting very depressed. Help

Shakriel and SlappinCups like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My therapist let me borrow her noise thing with the different soothing noises and she let me borrow her cart cause I said I was cleaning this weekend and get discouraged about all the trips back and forth between my apt and the dumpster. Super awesome of her. I left the noise thing in my car tho and figured it'd be fine but ugggh wish I has grabbed it. I'm thinking I'm getting bad sleep partly cause I'm so sensitive to sound and a light sleeper. I fall asleep fairly quickly but wake up constantly. I woke up to what sounded like intense thunder and there isn't even a storm so idk what it was but now I can't fall back asleep. I should probably go down and get the noise machine but my laziness is prevailing

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I hope you know you are like, THE most universally liked person on this site.

K0ta, Nyquist, SlappinCups and 3 others like this.
  4. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I'm 30 days away from my phalloplasty date and I still don't have insurance approval and this has been nearly 18 months of my life leading up to it and if it falls thru I'm probably going to walk into the ocean so that's cool

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Shakriel like this.
  5. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Will gladly back this 100% and it was true in the ap days as well.

6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Yup yup!

7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’ve been pretty okay at distracting myself the last month or two but sometimes you’re just heavily reminded how alone you are

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

I can't really trust this work friend of mine. She has a loud blabber mouth, gossips, talks shit, constant complainer, and exaggerates/fabricates situations. Everyone knows she's loud and complains all the time. I try to help her out as a friend, but she doesn't listen. Whats kinda funny is the things she complains about other people doing, are things she does all the time. Anything that she tells me is hard to believe. Plus I feel like she's hiding stuff from me for whatever reason because Ive heard some things from other people (things she told them) and she has yet to tell me? Idk. It just gets stressful

9. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Feeling really low tonight and super anxious for no reasons I can discern.

This work week is also going to be miserable. Sigh.

LWS likes this.
  10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

My dad was doing so well and then today he texted me to ask me if I thought my sexual assault made me a better person and and and then said "no knee jerk answers" and I am cringing now for him as I type this jesus christ dad you outdid yourself on this one

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg does anyone get heartburn after taking meds? It doesn't happen every time, but a good chunk of the time after I take my Prozac lately I've been getting what I assume is massive heartburn and it's hard to focus cause I feel like I need to throw up but I never do. The heartburn causes my body to tense which makes my sucky shoulders/back even more tense and suckier and then I just want to die.

12. JM95

Trusted

So hollow. I can distract myself from the anxiety and the misery for a while, even convince myself that it's possible that things will get better eventually. But the emptiness is always humming away in the background. I Just have no energy or will to do anything when it comes down to it.

13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Looking forward to being insured again for the main purpose of seeing my psych again haha

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Not heartburn but nausea if I take them on a very empty stomach/coffee only

Still no word on the insurance approval, but I set up my pre/post op appointments today. All I can do is keep moving forward but the lack of control is very very hard

15. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Holy shit it's gonna happen

24 days

Attached Files:

dadbolt, Wharf Rat, LWS and 15 others like this.
  16. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

congratulations! that's such great news

BirdPerson likes this.
  17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I absolutely hate myself and wish I could ever feel like I matter to anyone

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

You’re one of my favorite posters and I’d love to get to know you better. You matter a lot.

19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

you matter a lot to me so don’t ever think that. we all have that voice in our head that tells us things like that. don’t listen to it tho, it’s wrong about you

Joe4th and theagentcoma like this.
  20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Joe, you’re one of the cooler people I know. I don’t we don’t talk much but you’re a great guy and hopefully we can hang and shoot the shit one day. Stay strong, man.

Joe4th and theagentcoma like this.
  21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

@Joe4th you are cool as hell and nice as hell
    depression is a motherfucker

SlappinCups, Joe4th and theagentcoma like this.
  22. Joe4th

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. I just had a really bad night stuck in my own head.

Shakriel, SlappinCups and angrycandy like this.
  23. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Love u joe. We were all talking abt how much we miss you at the show last night.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Joey Chorus, you absolutely matter, as many have pointed out. Hit me up if you need anything! Also: you going to NFG or TBS this summer? We should hanggggg

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Joe4th

I might end up at one of those, I’m not sure yet but if I do end up going I’ll let you know! And even if I don’t go we definitely need to get together soon

bigmike likes this.