1. We've launched a new merch store featuring the Chorus.fm and AbsolutePunk.net logo on a variety of t-shirts, hoodies, and other items. Check it out now at Threadless.
    Dismiss Notice

Mental Health Thread • Page 260

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. angrycandy

I will always be nicer to the cat than I am to you Prestigious

I just buried my great grandma and I'm glad she's not in pain anymore but it still hurts to know I'll never get to see her again and the day of the funeral I get a text that a good friend's father committed suicide and I just don't know...it's been a hard week

Borat, bigmike, K0ta and 2 others like this.
  2. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

:tear::heart:

angrycandy likes this.
  3. K0ta

when i feel it, then i feel it too much. Supporter

Holy fuck so relatable. My bf is always putting his hand on top of my leg to gently remind me what I am doing but I do it because it relieves the anxiety I feel 24/7 let me have a little bit of peace please

SlappinCups and Joe4th like this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Hey, I don’t have anything I can do or say that’ll make it better but know that I’m thinking about you. All the love in the world being sent your direction.

5. angrycandy

:heart:

GrantCloud and bigmike like this.
  6. JulieLynn

In house smoke me up secretary Supporter

I saw this when I got into the office this morning, but I didn't know what to say without making us both cry.

So I'm going to send you hugs. Lots and lots of hugs. :heart:

7. angrycandy

thank you :heart:

GrantCloud and SlappinCups like this.
  8. I keep feeling like I’m making progress then I backslide into my old unhealthy habits
    I’m tireddddd

Shakriel likes this.
  9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

It’s okay to slip up. Thats the hardest thing for me to remember. As long as the steps forward are bigger than the missteps.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Supporter

Depression has been fucking ROUGH recently. Ugh

11. DarkHotline

Mack Daddy of Heimlich County Supporter

I deactivated my FB, probably not going to log back in for a while. I just want to stay away from people

12. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

I feel that

13. Trick Room

Trick Room!

Wow, I am incredibly shocked by how they treated you. I seriously feel bad just reading that, that is absolutely not the way you treat someone who's feeling depressed/suicidal. If that was me, I would be in a much, MUCH worse state after going through that whole ordeal.

I think people just don't know how to handle situations like this, and they often overreact and make things worse.
    Mental health is so tricky because it doesn't show itself like a bleeding cut on your arm, where it's obvious that there's a problem and that it needs fixing.
    It's like, you have no idea what that person needs or what's going to make things better. In that case, you just gotta listen to the person, and be there to support them with whatever they need.

LWS likes this.
  14. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

How do you enjoy things when your mind just wanders all the time

Any time you start doing something you wish you were doing something else

And most of the time that something else is just nothing

I think I need a hobby to give me some sort of purpose but I can’t stay interested in anything at the moment

15. rebecca

Regular

Last month I felt depressed and lonely because I thought nobody cared about me, now I have three people who want to hang out with me and I keep procrastinating messaging them to make plans and they probably think I don't want to hang out but actually I am just very socially anxious and don't feel like talking to anyone because of it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. K0ta

I can relate. Sometimes it just takes digging down through that anxiety and taking the plunge because it can really help to just get you out of that funk even when you are forcing yourself to do it. Explaining how you're feeling to these friends (if you're comfortable doing that) can also help them to understand better why you may go off of the grid and maybe allow them to help you better when this stuff happens. We are often our own worst enemies and create entire scenarios in our head that don't match reality so these friends may be more receptive than you think if you are just a little honest with them. :)

17. PureBlueSF

And all the while, Death smiles on.

I drove 2 hours to a Round1 yesterday as a form of self-care and had a really good time, but of course, as soon as today rolls around, certain members of my family are stressing me the fuck out with their demands.

I can't seem to catch a break, ever.

18. K0ta

Round 1 is amazing, win yourself a bunch of plushies and get that self care on :) And maybe some DDR too!

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. PureBlueSF

And all the while, Death smiles on.

I'm actually going to another Round 1 further downstate this weekend to do more of the same, and hopefully this time I won't have to deal with any bullshit when I get home.

K0ta and ChaseTx like this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted

I just found this thread and I’m not sure if this belongs here or not, but for a few days I’ve had ringing in my ears that won’t go away. I’ve had problems with my ears the last couple years every now and then but this had never happened to me before. It’s so bad that I’m a bit scared whenever I lay down to sleep because that’s when it’s the worst. I have an ear appointment this Wednesday to find out what’s causing the ringing. Psychology, it’s taking a toll on me. It’s really sucked the enjoyment of being around friends or just enjoying any time alone in silence. I keep thinking the worst and that maybe it’s tinnitus but I’m trying to remain positive and hope for the best news whenever I go in for my appointment.

21. ChaseTx

Nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure Prestigious

I have so much stressful stuff going on right now and I wish I could just give up

22. JM95

Trusted

Sorry to hear that. I hope your appointment goes ok.

23. JM95

Trusted

I'm really angry today. So pissed off with life. Fuck everything.

SlappinCups likes this.
  24. Mary V Mar 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2019)
    Mary V

walk unafraid Supporter

I just got into bed and started crying immediately. I knew something was off today when I felt like I wasn’t really present, and my anxiety has skyrocketed recently. Feeling so overwhelmed with the workload of my classes, and at home, there’s a lot of materialistic changes happening and I can’t stand it, I can’t deal with this rate of change, I’m just a mess. I miss my boyfriend terribly. Despite making friends, I’m still so lonely. To make things worse, I’ve been self harming. I can’t cope anymore.

25. drewinseries

Drew @AndrewNCaruso fb/kingwildlands

One of the most important things my therapist has me realize, is that an upward trend line is always going to have dips and turns.

I've had set backs into habits that aren't good, but its important to remember overall, the line is increasing.