Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 259

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I can relate. Sometimes it just takes digging down through that anxiety and taking the plunge because it can really help to just get you out of that funk even when you are forcing yourself to do it. Explaining how you're feeling to these friends (if you're comfortable doing that) can also help them to understand better why you may go off of the grid and maybe allow them to help you better when this stuff happens. We are often our own worst enemies and create entire scenarios in our head that don't match reality so these friends may be more receptive than you think if you are just a little honest with them. :)

2. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I drove 2 hours to a Round1 yesterday as a form of self-care and had a really good time, but of course, as soon as today rolls around, certain members of my family are stressing me the fuck out with their demands.

I can't seem to catch a break, ever.

3. K0ta

Round 1 is amazing, win yourself a bunch of plushies and get that self care on :) And maybe some DDR too!

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I'm actually going to another Round 1 further downstate this weekend to do more of the same, and hopefully this time I won't have to deal with any bullshit when I get home.

K0ta and ChaseTx like this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just found this thread and I’m not sure if this belongs here or not, but for a few days I’ve had ringing in my ears that won’t go away. I’ve had problems with my ears the last couple years every now and then but this had never happened to me before. It’s so bad that I’m a bit scared whenever I lay down to sleep because that’s when it’s the worst. I have an ear appointment this Wednesday to find out what’s causing the ringing. Psychology, it’s taking a toll on me. It’s really sucked the enjoyment of being around friends or just enjoying any time alone in silence. I keep thinking the worst and that maybe it’s tinnitus but I’m trying to remain positive and hope for the best news whenever I go in for my appointment.

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I have so much stressful stuff going on right now and I wish I could just give up

7. JM95

Trusted

Sorry to hear that. I hope your appointment goes ok.

8. JM95

Trusted

I'm really angry today. So pissed off with life. Fuck everything.

SlappinCups likes this.
  9. Mary V Mar 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2019)
    I just got into bed and started crying immediately. I knew something was off today when I felt like I wasn’t really present, and my anxiety has skyrocketed recently. Feeling so overwhelmed with the workload of my classes, and at home, there’s a lot of materialistic changes happening and I can’t stand it, I can’t deal with this rate of change, I’m just a mess. I miss my boyfriend terribly. Despite making friends, I’m still so lonely. To make things worse, I’ve been self harming. I can’t cope anymore.

10. drewinseries

Drew

One of the most important things my therapist has me realize, is that an upward trend line is always going to have dips and turns.

I've had set backs into habits that aren't good, but its important to remember overall, the line is increasing.

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

chatting with my bestie about anxiety the other day, she was telling me about a reframing thing she does when she encounters anxious thoughts that I’m gonna try to incorporate into my life more:
    figured at least one of you might find this useful

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. Jams

Trusted

I've been feeling so lonely lately and I just feel like I'll never have friends or a partner and will just spend the rest of my life completely alone.

14. K0ta Mar 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 14, 2019)
    K0ta

I'm waiting in the office of a psychiatrist; going back to therapy after almost 6 years and somehow I'm NERVOUS. You'd think the 4 years in my early 20's of some of the most intensive forms of therapy could've been enough but nope I still fall into the same bad habits and gotta go back to this again. Self care (especially when it pertains to mental health) needs to be ongoing and I of all people should know and accept that but I'm still frustrated to be doing this again. I just hope he gives me a script for a f**king benzo cause that's what helps me the most. I refuse to start going back on meds that need me to take them every day, then we start experiement with what works and what doesn't - hell no. Too many bad side effects from too many meds to go there again. Give me something PRN for when I can't stand the anxiety and I'll be fine.

Update: the doctor is almost 30 minutes late and I'm now in a bad mood and gonna be even later to work. Already not gonna feel comfortable with this guy.

Update 2: Okay, I take it back - I actually really liked this guy. He was intelligent and thoughtful and genuine. And finally - FINALLY - I feel like I have a diagnosis that makes sense. It's amazing that I've had almost every type of help imaginable - inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization, group, individual, etc., and yet I finally feel like it has culminated into something tangible. Docs have said I had anxiety, depression, bipolar, BPD, PTSD, even floated schizoaffective disorder (???) and this is the system at work. Going from doctor to doctor for so long and getting different answers, this doc actually wrote a list of things that made the most sense - anxiety, depression, BPD, bipolar, and PTSD - and wrote down the symptoms I described under each and concluded from that and the rest of our conversation that generalized anxiety disorder with borderline personality disorder makes the most sense. And it does. And I have felt like that for a long time. Anxiety was a given, but BPD was something docs have floated but never landed on and here is this guy finally getting it - and referring me to a BPD specific therapy group. I'm still kind of amazed that I can feel hopeful about a "breakthrough" in this even after the intensive treatment I've had in the past, but I do and I'm just...really glad. There is finally a direction and everything fits.

BirdPerson, LWS, gonz (Alex) and 2 others like this.
  15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

My anxiety is spiking for no reason. I hate it and I'm really freaking out.

LWS likes this.
  16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I feel you on this. But if we are any indication, there are many others that feel the same way. We can support each other.

Jams, supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah definitely same ha

18. PureBlueSF Mar 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2019)
    PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

This was mostly successful, and I luckily didn't have to deal with any family drama when I got home this time, but I can't fight the feeling that I should stop doing these temporary stop-gap sort of things and actually do something more permanent to help myself.

I dunno, I do think I should see a therapist but the last couple ones I saw turned out to be unhelpful sacks of shit so I'm very apprehensive.

LWS likes this.
  19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just got shockingly angry in my session with my psychiatrist about how much I hate the state of the world and how much people have to suffer just for the benefit of a few. I didn't realize I was that kind of person. I didn't know I was this jaded about society and everything. I'm just really confused.

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. Mason

Regular

My anxiety is through the roof today. I am leaving my job and was going to tell my boss this morning, but kept putting it off. Now its almost end of the day and I feel like its weird that I went all day acting like its a normal day, just to break the news at the end. I still want to get it done with today because I need my brain to stop racing but now I feel even more uncomfortable doing it. I hate how bad I am with communicating and dealing with uncomfortable situations.

LWS likes this.
  21. BoldTitan

Trusted

Are you leaving the job into a better situation? If they are kind I'd hope they'd be understanding

22. Mason

Regular

Yes and I'm giving them 3 weeks notice, which is more than fair I believe. Chickened out today because it seems too weird to do it at the end of the day. I'm gonna try doing it first thing tomorrow morning instead. I hate that I over-think this stuff way too much.

23. BoldTitan

Trusted

Be confident in the fact that this is part of millions of people's experience daily and that you aren't doing anything wrong at all. Otherwise everyone would stay at the same job and position forever! You're moving onto better things and they can find someone else. It's business. If they don't understand, you don't need to be there anyway. 3 weeks is an extra week generous.

Mason likes this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

when I gave my two weeks I did it semi-impulsivly and then slammed the door in my boss' face and I'm alive to tell the tale. I think it's always going to feel awkward unless your job knows you have a set end date, so it truly is a rip the band aid off situation but most places are just grateful for the two weeks and that you're not quitting on the spot

JulieLynn and Mason like this.
  25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Dunno if this is a mental health issue so much as life issue but I can't afford to get by right now and it makes me wish I didn't have to