Mental Health Thread • Page 259

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I am just exhausted. I feel like I've simultaneously put in so much effort and absolutely no effort into getting better and I'm just burnt out. I feel empty and beyond lazy. I have the mental desire to move forward, get a new job, change my life and not be miserable, but I completely lack the mental drive to do so. I want to be better, but apparently not enough to actually go through with it. I don't think I ever will.

Kiana likes this.

2. i feel this!!

3. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

Coworkers of mine have been screenshotting social media posts of mine dealing with my depression and how my work is a trigger and sending them to my boss.

What a fun thing to learn today.

Shakriel, Joe4th, LWS and 1 other person like this.
  4. SlappinCups

nobody else will be there then

that's really shitty

Joe4th and Garrett L. like this.
  5. ugh @Garrett L. that's so shitty, maybe you should change your privacy settings so they can't see everything you post?
    but seriously wtf is their problem, what are they even trying to accomplish by doing that

dadbolt, Joe4th, Ken and 3 others like this.
  6. K0ta

still a Sad Emo Kid Supporter

I've been there, sometimes I really think it was the insane amount of drugs they put me on that are the worst problem though. I have entire stretches of memory that are missing from that time.

SlappinCups likes this.
  7. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

Yeah. I made my twitter private but I also know now that it’s someone I’m actually friends with on Facebook. I still don’t know who, though I have a couple ideas.

I’ve got a lucrative position in the retail world, but those who would benefit from me leaving also wouldn’t be the ones doing this.

Ken likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

nobody look Supporter

what the fuck? this is super messed up.

Garrett L. likes this.
  9. also I don’t know about the states but in Canada it would definitely be illegal to fire you for having depression

SlappinCups likes this.
  10. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

Wtf that's so messed up! Ur work pics are adorable and I will end this saboteur!! So sorry ur dealing with that violation of trust. It's so wrong.

dadbolt and Garrett L. like this.
  11. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

In Tennessee, you can be fired for looking for other jobs. Which was my main fear. But she said she had zero plan to do that.

12. PureBlueSF

I'm lost and starry eyed

I've been absolutely miserable this entire week. I'm not even sure why. It's just been one thing after another. I'm going to Dave and Buster's after I eat dinner to play some Dance Dance Revolution (it helps me not self harm) but that's still just something of a temporary fix. I don't know what to do otherwise.

LWS and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  13. ChaseTx

pushed a man just to see him frown Prestigious

Being unemployed is making me feel completely worthless. I have no degree, no skills, a lot of experience in every level things I have no interest in, and I'm not seeing any good opportunities come up. I have no social life and not much hope of changing that until I have a job at the least. I don't even feel like I know how to talk to people. The few people I feel like I should be close to don't even really talk to me that much. I don't feel like I really have any direction right now and I feel like giving up

LWS likes this.
  14. Kiana

I talked to my therapist about the massive amount of guilt I carry for how badly I handled it when I had a parentified relationship with my little sister, which I've never opened up about before. She was quick to say gurl u were only 13 like it's not your fault blah blah but I feel like I will die with the guilt. It keeps me up at night. It makes me feel like I'm not even worthy to work with children. I was only a child myself but actions still have consequences. She kept saying my parents are responsible and not myself, but I have a hard time not forming the connection. Like I know I shouldn't have been responsible for her like that but at the end of the day I was and I think it's objective fact that the poor way I treated her has impacted her negatively and followed her into adulthood and I will always feel responsible even if I shouldn't have been put in that situation.

15. Mary V

walk unafraid Supporter

I’m not used to this level of happiness and contentment in my life. Anticipating the inevitable, horrible comedown that I won’t be able to deal with

Shakriel likes this.
  16. PureBlueSF

I'm lost and starry eyed

Update on this: 20 minutes after I posted this, my cat that had been missing for over a month was found. So now she's home safe and I'm taking it as a sign that some things might start looking up.

Shakriel, PatRFinley, LWS and 9 others like this.
  17. Kiana

I feel like my bar is so low for humans. Like I just want them to not let me down.

PatRFinley, supernovagirl and Mary V like this.
  18. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LGM Supporter

It would be so fucking cool if I could just stop overthinking everything in my life and just enjoy what I have going on for once.

19. JulieLynn

Our James Dean is gone Supporter

It's really bad when my frustrations from this site carry over into my personal life. I got home yesterday and flipped out for no reason and took my anger out on my poor fiance. Once I calmed down and told him the real reason I was so irritated he laughed and said "Grown ups acting like fucking children. typical" and all was right in the world again.

20. RyanPm40

The best goddamn bird lawyer in the world. Supporter

[​IMG]
    I'm sure I'm not the only anxiety-riddled person in here who this hits home for lol

Mrplum5089, ChaseTx, Joe4th and 4 others like this.
  21. theagentcoma

nobody look Supporter

OCD for me, it's hard to sit still

PatRFinley and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. RyanPm40

The best goddamn bird lawyer in the world. Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that :/ I'm bipolar 2 and don't have an OCD diagnosis, but I can definitely sympathize with feeling restless and unable to sit still.

Coworkers at my work used to wedge big Clorox wipe containers under their monitors so they'd stop shaking so much and I'd always shake the dishes in the china cabinet growing up while eating in the kitchen. I wish I was better at catching myself doing it, but really can't seem to control it

23. theagentcoma

nobody look Supporter

hey I have Bipolar 2 too! Imagine that. Also I feel like you'd appreciate my Instagram handle

24. PureBlueSF

I'm lost and starry eyed

Big mood

25. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LGM Supporter

Having to remove former friends from PlayStation just so I don’t see their name and get upset every time I try to distract myself with games is such a depressing thing, but I finally brought myself to do it today.

Borat likes this.