Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 258

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. I’m not used to this level of happiness and contentment in my life. Anticipating the inevitable, horrible comedown that I won’t be able to deal with

Shakriel likes this.
  2. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Update on this: 20 minutes after I posted this, my cat that had been missing for over a month was found. So now she's home safe and I'm taking it as a sign that some things might start looking up.

Shakriel, PatRFinley, LWS and 9 others like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I feel like my bar is so low for humans. Like I just want them to not let me down.

PatRFinley, supernovagirl and Mary V like this.
  4. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

It would be so fucking cool if I could just stop overthinking everything in my life and just enjoy what I have going on for once.

5. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

It's really bad when my frustrations from this site carry over into my personal life. I got home yesterday and flipped out for no reason and took my anger out on my poor fiance. Once I calmed down and told him the real reason I was so irritated he laughed and said "Grown ups acting like fucking children. typical" and all was right in the world again.

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

[​IMG]
    I'm sure I'm not the only anxiety-riddled person in here who this hits home for lol

Mrplum5089, ChaseTx, Joe4th and 4 others like this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

OCD for me, it's hard to sit still

PatRFinley and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that :/ I'm bipolar 2 and don't have an OCD diagnosis, but I can definitely sympathize with feeling restless and unable to sit still.

Coworkers at my work used to wedge big Clorox wipe containers under their monitors so they'd stop shaking so much and I'd always shake the dishes in the china cabinet growing up while eating in the kitchen. I wish I was better at catching myself doing it, but really can't seem to control it

9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

hey I have Bipolar 2 too! Imagine that. Also I feel like you'd appreciate my Instagram handle

10. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Big mood

11. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Having to remove former friends from PlayStation just so I don’t see their name and get upset every time I try to distract myself with games is such a depressing thing, but I finally brought myself to do it today.

Borat likes this.
  12. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I just buried my great grandma and I'm glad she's not in pain anymore but it still hurts to know I'll never get to see her again and the day of the funeral I get a text that a good friend's father committed suicide and I just don't know...it's been a hard week

Borat, bigmike, K0ta and 2 others like this.
  13. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

:tear::heart:

angrycandy likes this.
  14. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Holy fuck so relatable. My bf is always putting his hand on top of my leg to gently remind me what I am doing but I do it because it relieves the anxiety I feel 24/7 let me have a little bit of peace please

SlappinCups and Joe4th like this.
  15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Hey, I don’t have anything I can do or say that’ll make it better but know that I’m thinking about you. All the love in the world being sent your direction.

16. angrycandy

:heart:

GrantCloud and bigmike like this.
  17. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I saw this when I got into the office this morning, but I didn't know what to say without making us both cry.

So I'm going to send you hugs. Lots and lots of hugs. :heart:

18. angrycandy

thank you :heart:

GrantCloud and SlappinCups like this.
  19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

It’s okay to slip up. Thats the hardest thing for me to remember. As long as the steps forward are bigger than the missteps.

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Depression has been fucking ROUGH recently. Ugh

21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I deactivated my FB, probably not going to log back in for a while. I just want to stay away from people

22. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

I feel that

23. Trick Room

Trick Room!

Wow, I am incredibly shocked by how they treated you. I seriously feel bad just reading that, that is absolutely not the way you treat someone who's feeling depressed/suicidal. If that was me, I would be in a much, MUCH worse state after going through that whole ordeal.

I think people just don't know how to handle situations like this, and they often overreact and make things worse.
    Mental health is so tricky because it doesn't show itself like a bleeding cut on your arm, where it's obvious that there's a problem and that it needs fixing.
    It's like, you have no idea what that person needs or what's going to make things better. In that case, you just gotta listen to the person, and be there to support them with whatever they need.

LWS likes this.
  24. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

How do you enjoy things when your mind just wanders all the time

Any time you start doing something you wish you were doing something else

And most of the time that something else is just nothing

I think I need a hobby to give me some sort of purpose but I can’t stay interested in anything at the moment

25. rebecca

Regular

Last month I felt depressed and lonely because I thought nobody cared about me, now I have three people who want to hang out with me and I keep procrastinating messaging them to make plans and they probably think I don't want to hang out but actually I am just very socially anxious and don't feel like talking to anyone because of it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.