Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 254

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Thanks for your advice and tips guys. Slowly working on flipping the switch as soon as I recognise overthinking.

Essentially, straightaway turning the thought into something along the lines of "this is just a thought, not reality." "This scenario only exists in my mind and nowhere else." and "There is no fact whatsoever about this scenario."

Just gotta keep practising. Cheers guys. Love to you all.

mercury likes this.
  2. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

My ex's father is going to die. Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. he's got 3-6 months to live.

Lots of drama in that family the last 5-6 years. My ex isn't going to say goodbye to his father. He's going to regret that.

And of course I cannot reach out to him or interfere with his life because his wife is a bat shit crazy control freak. So I spent a good part of last night crying (I have the worlds most understanding and tolerant fiance on earth). My big stupid heart breaks for my ex right now because I know deep down in his soul, he's falling apart.

and I can't do anything about it.

3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Got a letter in the mail from my shrink. She's started her own practice. So maybe I can go see her for refills instead of finding a 4th psychiatrist in 2 years

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. Mason

Regular

I am so sorry to hear about your cat. Try not to give up hope, cats are good at adapting to outdoors and knowing how to find shelter/food/safety. My cat got out a few months back and didn't come home for 4 1/2 weeks. It was a horrible month of non-stop worrying and crying but he returned and is back home. Just keep looking, check with local shelters, the app NextDoor is a good place to look or post about missing animals, maybe even put up some flyers.

5. rebecca

Regular

I turn 26 next month. I have to go off my mother's insurance and go onto my school's plan. My school's plan is a more rare one that not as many psychiatrists take, including my current one. I have to switch psychiatrists just as I finally started a new medication. This sucks. And I'm so stressed in general.

6. JulieLynn

Hopefully your doctor can point you to someone they know that does take your new insurance. I would ask, get all the help you can get so this isn't as stressful. I've been there and I know how scary it can be.

rebecca likes this.
  7. rebecca

Regular

Thanks, one issue is he was already a last resort (not that he wasn't a good psychiatrist) in my home state as they have a serious shortage of psychiatrists, so I'm looking in the state I go to school in. The Psychology Today psychiatrist search has been helpful but it only found three who take my school's insurance, which isn't many. I'd like to have more options. I wish healthcare in America was much better than it currently is, that would eliminate like 50% of my stress.

Shakriel likes this.
  8. JulieLynn

Its ridiculous how we have to jump through hoops of fire just to human every single fucking day. And the system just doesn't give a shit until it is too late.

I hope you can get the help you need! I'm always here to talk!

rebecca likes this.
  9. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I've been doing pretty much all of that to no success (yet), but I'm still holding onto that sliver of hope that she's okay, however small the chance is.

Mason likes this.
  10. JulieLynn

I'm so sorry to hear this. That is the worst feeling not knowing. Sending you all my good vibes for safe kitty return.

11. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Affirmations are helping. The more I repeat to myself that I'm overthinking and the scenario only exists in my mind, the quicker it goes away and I'm able to focus elsewhere.

Thanks guys for your help. I can always rely on this site to keep me grounded. :heart:

BirdPerson and Shakriel like this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Things are not going well.

By all accounts they should be but they are not.

13. rebecca

Regular

Another reason I hate almost being 26 is that there are so many ways I'm "behind" compared to my peers and I just constantly feel like people would judge me even though it's not my fault I have so many psychiatric/chronic illness diagnoses that make existing even harder than it should be.

LWS likes this.
  14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I hope I never cry over you again after today

I hope I never feel this way again

Shakriel likes this.
  15. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

nothing fits and i am deeply unhappy with my body but clearly not enough to do anything about it

16. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Made an appointment to see a doctor. Hopefully they can tell me what my issue is and whether I didn't take care of myself smartly enough and now it's come back to bite me in the ass.

During this whole extremely stressful and anxiety-ridden ordeal and past week, I've realized just how few people I have to reach out to in a situation like this that I feel comfortable talking to or even just to hang out. I'm supremely lonely; in fact the most I've ever been. I don't usually mind being along but being stuck with just my thoughts is destroying me right now.

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Really have not been happy at my job lately. Really depressed, stressed and anxious these days.

That moment when you start to fantasize of different career paths but you can't because you're already $110k in student loan debt.

So scared of anything happening to this job, and I don't even enjoy it. I have no idea how I'd afford bills when I'm already spending $2200 a month on rent and minimum payment on student loans alone, nevermind utils, food, insurance, etc.

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’m at the point where even when I’m not at a resting sad state about my personal life, I’m overwhelmed and exhausted by the sheer fact of being a woman. Like. Literally what is the point in putting in effort into a world that is dedicated and bred to oppress me on every level. Its like being gaslit by the universe because it makes you feel crazy because I have so few (feminists? Woke type? Whatever tf you want to call them) in my life, so I don’t typically feel very heard/understood/validated

Anyway tldr I can’t see a reason to keep on living in a world that treats women like such shit

LWS and Shakriel like this.
  19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I feel this hard

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. Shakriel

Every day I keep getting lower somehow and I'm just so exhausted, so fucking tired of waking up in the morning and continuing this.

LWS likes this.
  21. leereidy

Every time I get sad from now on, I'll watch this video.

Life's odd...

Hi btw, I'm new to this place! :alien:

rebecca and xapplexpiex like this.
  22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

My mental health is affecting my physical health and my head hurts too much to get out of bed.

Shakriel likes this.
  23. rebecca

Regular

I had to drop classes last semester due to my health. My adviser said this shouldn't affect my scholarship yet nor should signing up for only 3 classes (instead of 4 or 5) affect it because they don't check until the end of the year, and then I can appeal. I received an e-mail yesterday saying if I don't sign up for a 4th class, not only will I lose my scholarship but I will also have outstanding charges on my account. My psychiatrist actually strongly discouraged me from taking 4 classes since I just had an episode in December and had to be put on a brand new medication, and also I have been having poor physical health lately. Oh, and it wouldn't even be 4 classes - it would be more like 5 because I still have an incomplete in another from last semester, so this would be ridiculous.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I either have to do a medical withdrawal, in which case I don't think I could be penalized financially and honestly maybe it would be better for my health right now so I was considering it anyway, or see if I can get some sort of note from a doctor explaining that I can't do 4 classes right now.

Why do they have to make school so hard for people with mental illnesses/disabilities? I'm freaking out and I don't know what to do. I feel like the odds are stacked against me right now.

LWS and Shakriel like this.
  24. Shakriel

Does it matter what the fourth class is? Maybe take like a super simple course just to satisfy the scholarship reqs? Like maybe even a class that could potentially be helpful like yoga? I know that's offered at some schools.

Sucks that you might have to have four classes, so I just wanted to offer one possibility that popped into my head.

I wish you luck. :)

25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This feeling is always so awful. The heaviness. I heard a radio commercial today saying your life is worth it and I was like ...eh is it really? I don't think my life is worthless but I don't think it's that valuable either. Like in the grand scheme my life is a blip of nothing. People move on and forget and the world keeps turning and they deal.

I just got switched to Prozac so idk we'll see if it helps

LWS likes this.