Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 245

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. I feel this - especially getting overwhelmed, withdrawn and feeling weird internally. Then the guilt that I’m not enjoying such a glorious day and need to escape. I’m particularly worried about Christmas this year since my boyfriend will be here and I’m so irritable and withdrawn that time of year. My family really help me but I don’t want to take anything out on him, when he’s travelling so far to spend Christmas with me

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Aw I'm glad you get to spend it with your bf. I hope he helps make the day better. I'm sure he'll be understanding if you get get depressed. Depression can get u even if ur surrounded by the ppl u love and I bet he understands cause he cares about u!

Petit nain des Îles and Mary V like this.
  3. Thank you :heart: he’s very understanding and knows that it’s a tough time of year for me. I hope your loved ones make Christmas easier for you too!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. SlappinCups Nov 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2018)
    SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

I graduated from college four years ago (time flies) and had been exhausted in every way basically the two years leading up to graduation, so I planned on graduating, taking a little reset time, and moving forward with the job hunt. Through some bad luck or whatever, a number of people just kept getting in my way, including someone who was barely an acquaintance, who is kind of a pathological liar, that I ran into shortly after graduating who asked for my help reviewing their resume, which I happily did, but they then kept calling/texting me kind of forcing me to hang out with them, and almost like trying to use me to move with me or something? Long story short, I never really got to take any next steps career wise as I never really got the time and space to make those things happen, and have felt almost even more fatigued than four years ago. Just wanted to vent about taking one step forward two steps back and how shitty circumstances can be some times

Borat likes this.
  5. Sorry this is very high school so feel free to scroll past it...

For most of high school (I’m currently a senior) I had feelings for this girl I was really good friends with. Without going into detail, she used that to her advantage and was really cruel and abusive toward me up until about 8 months ago when I’d finally had enough. I’ve since moved on and I’m dating someone I feel really good about. Yesterday she texted me out of the blue asking me to hang out, saying that she feels like our friendship fell apart because we never hung out. It brought back so much of the gaslighting, anxiety and pain and I’m just so sick and dumbfounded at her ignorance of everything that happened.

6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

^^ That's a "throughout your life" thing, not just a high school thing. Protect yourself - self care is always #1

LWS, GrantCloud, mercury and 4 others like this.
  7. 3 months sober today

figureitout, LWS, rebecca and 15 others like this.
  8. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

well done friend, well done!

SlappinCups and Mary V like this.
  9. SlappinCups likes this.
  10. Mary V likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I keep getting busy and forgetting to make a Dr appt to follow up on the meds she recommended and that I never take oop. The sleeping aid is like too much. No matter how early I take it, I just feel so bleh in the morning. The beta blocker she recommended for anxiety I've taken a few times and it's nice to have handy but I just feel like the combo isn't fantastic. But my work day moves so fast it's like a blur and it never stops or slows down and before I know it it's the end of the business day and I forgot to call again. Am also hoping to get a referral for a counselor in town but yeah I keep forgetting to call.

12. Has anyone ever spent holidays or Christmas alone? I'm wondering what I could do instead. I imagine theaters are open, or they might be concerts or special events.

13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I have no spousal obligations this year so I'm not even sure what I'm doing for Christmas. However whenever I went home to see family we would always go see a movie. It was a nice tradition.

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Movie theaters in the US will definitely be open on Christmas.

Honestly today felt like any other Thursday to me.

15. rebecca

Regular

I'm so upset that my doctor discouraged me from taking a leave of absence and refused to write a note for it. I'm probably going to fail and I can't stop beating myself up over it, but my health is just not getting any better. I've never failed a class before and now I might fail two, all because of this stupid fucking illness and I'm still not convinced I don't have something else on top of this. This really sucks.

16. rebecca

Regular

My PTSD is so awful today due to shit I recently found out and it sucks. I wish I had a therapy appointment this week but instead I'm on a cancellation list.

17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

so for like the third time in the past two weeks I was at a stop light and this feeling of just pure dread washes over me to the point where I literally have to put my car in park in case I pass out cuz things start going dim. No clue why but it scares the shit out of me cuz I'm driving and can't really do anything about it.

18. atlas

Trusted

When you stop acting on your intrusive thought-induced compulsions for like 3 days and feel really good but then the doubt creeps back in

[​IMG]

rebecca likes this.
  19. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

It's late at night and I'm having a panic attack and cannot keep my thoughts at bay.

20. Lex

the horizon is my home

I started meditation a while back when I was feeling really shitty (I had just moved back home with my parents and was unemployed) and really felt like it helped. It wasn't a habit that lasted more than a few weeks, but I just picked it back up. And now I think that I shouldn't even skip a single day of it because it just makes that much of a difference for me. Although I'm really happy I found something to help me manage my anxiety and makes me feel like I am a truer version of myself, I don't like the feeling of knowing that I am dependent on something... even if it's something so positive. It shouldn't bother me because this is great --I know-- but I guess it just makes me realize how problematic my own mind can be. I forgot what it was like to feel good and that scares me.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Anyone try Prozac? How has it worked for you? I was just prescribed it on top of my lamictal.

22. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

For me, its the same as zoloft.

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

speaking of Zoloft, ever since starting a few weeks ago my left eye has been twitching every day and it’s driving me craaaaazy

24. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

I had that for a short time when I first went on it 3 years ago. If it lasts too long, you should talk to the doctor.

25. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

There's a used bookstore that also sells records, cds, comic books, dvd, etc. in the dead mall that's like down the street. All kinds of shit I'm into. They posted they are hiring, went in on Saturday and filled out an application and left my resume. lady working said to call on Tuesday if I didn't hear back cause they are super short staffed. I called just now and the person I spoke to said to call early Sunday. Ugh...I hate the suspense and waiting especially cause this would be great. Might only be seasonal but that'd be okay, I think I would be a really good fit (the vinyl section could use some work and I think I can help) and I can get dibs on anything cool that comes in haha.

Shrek likes this.