Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 237

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. I will never be safe anywhere, maybe I shoud kill myself for good. About time

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Do you have somewhere safe you can stay?

3. Yes, I'm at my aunt with a cousin since the afternoon. I'm feeling a bit better and together we've been looking for legal ways to get out of my situation. Thanks to everyone for reaching out, I'll be busy for the upcoming weeks due to the amount of paperwork and legal stuff I need to get done, on top of job searching, but I'm staying motivated. I got this, and I'll be careful about protecting my mom and myself. I'm reminded that I'm not alone and people care for me, and it means everything to me. Thanks again.

JulieLynn, LWS, theagentcoma and 9 others like this.
  4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I totally understand this. To put it simple, my girlfriend has really bad depression and I have bipolar as well. Things don’t go too well at times, to put it lightly, without saying too much on here.

sophos34 and Shrek like this.
  5. Emma William

LEACARVE

I am Peace Lover

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I feel u on this 100%. My wife has severe depression and anxiety and I'm not much better. We've been married for 5 years, together almost 10 and it's still a struggle. Some days we wonder if we made a mistake. It's exhausting. We both need someone who can take care of us at our worst, but if we're both down there it makes things extremely difficult and we just end up lashing out at each other over the dumbest shit. Anyways if you ever wanna talk more about this my inbox is always open.

sophos34 likes this.
  7. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I hope someday I can think about how much I miss my grandma....without crying....

junkmanserenade likes this.
  8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

A4AEE284-1BFD-424E-9E9F-EB66850A90DA.jpeg
    I like this

dadbolt, rebecca, Joe4th and 6 others like this.
  9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This is not working out. I need to do like an overhaul on everything idek but this isn't working

10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

got an email from the microsurgeon's office today, a paraphrasing:

hey silas still want to book surgery for phalloplasty?
    why hell yes i do! i take it that means the office got my mental health assessment letters, finally! (i had the assessments done in fucking AUGUST)
    nope just following up, since we knew you were trying to get your letters.
    hmm okay, that's interesting, so can you book a date or no?
    yes i can. where are you with hair removal?
    um, just focusing on the one main crucial area because they said like 18 months total. and that's kind of not important, getting the dick itself is the important thing, when can i have surgery?
    yeah okay well if you go religiously for hair removal you can have surgery on may 6

*my head explodes at this point*

i have IN WRITING FROM THE UROLOGIST'S OFFICE that i needed all three mental health assessment letters done before they could book surgery. now this guy on the microsurgeon's side says he knows my letters aren't done but yes he can book me a date?

so could i have booked this back in fucking july??? or AUGUST... WHEN THEY TOLD ME IN WRITING I NEEDED THE LETTERS TO BOOK? because the letters weren't done either way, at either time....and now instead of book in july for surgery in january, it's book in october for surgery in may? of course now there are extra months added into the wait.

i have now sent three sad emails back to this guy, who managed to ruin my day by giving me a surgery date. lol.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. Oh gosh the "there are others that are worse off" mantra is the worst. People who are in denial are always the first to say this.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

711D55CE-643F-4346-81C9-B060E1AC9CD9.jpeg He’s always seemed like a great guy and I really like this quote. I’ve been with my SO for 7 years and can’t even imagine how I would live being single. I think about this sometimes. If something were to happen to her, I’d be so lost. I guess this does apply to me though, since we don’t have friends outside of each other, but we’re fine like that.

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

[​IMG]

14. Kiana

My lack of motivation is getting ridic. My house is a disaster. Dirty dishes overflowing in the sink, clothes everywhere on the floor. It stresses me out to walk into. I've had less motivation taking care of myself too like usually I love putting on makeup in the morning but these days I get out of bed 30 min before work. I'm not showering as often. Last night I went to the gym which is great but then I got home and fell asleep without showering or brushing my teeth and left the lights on and I just feel like a gross mess. I was eating healthy but now I'm either tired or don't have time or don't wanna shop so I eat like cereal or junk. I need to figure something out.

supernovagirl, Mary V and Shakriel like this.
  15. Philll

Trusted

Worried this might be a dumb question, I don't really have a history of mental health problems but have been having spells of feeling really low the last couple of months... How can I tell if I genuinely am circling the drain of depression or if it's just self-pity?

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m not really sure where else to ask this. My girlfriend has been really struggling with her depression the last few weeks. Music is one thing that always seems to help and I’m trying to make her a playlist. Do any of you have song recommendations or some favorites you listen to when you’re down?

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

What are her favourite artists/genres?

18. JulieLynn

What kind of music is she into? I don't wanna rec what got me through some shit the last 2 years if its not her thing.

19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

She honestly listens to a wide variety, except very little country. Acoustic stuff like City & Colour, pop punk, and pop stuff like The Mowglis immediately come to mind.

20. JulieLynn

I might be a weirdo, but listening to John Mayer, The 1975 and a lot of mid 90's music always helps me.

21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

She loves the 1975, so that’s spot on!

22. Kiana

OK ok I am biased but srsly christina aguilera is queen of empowerment feel better songs. Yesterday I was really down and bad and it helped a lot. If I wanna feel petty and like screw you it's def Circles or Make Over. Empowered and unstoppable it's Fighter, Can't Hold Us Down, Best of Me, Army of Me. Kelly Clarkson is also A+ for this topic.

JulieLynn and tyramail like this.
  23. JulieLynn

How old is she? trying to figure out if I should rec anything else that personally gets me through the hard days.

24. JulieLynn

Oh hell yeah Kelly Clarkson!

Kiana likes this.
  25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

24!