Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 236

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

that's...interesting

2. In retrospect it makes me laugh, but when I first arrived at that place, that person suggested that we talk about it in private -they have a "safe" room for that- yet when we were done with the discussion, we both went back to the main room with the bar, sofas, people (not this time but on usual hours) and everything else, and they immediatly dropped the ball by spilling out about my issues out loud to the barman... what's the point lol. Thankfully there weren't many people around besides a friend and a volunteer, otherwise I would have been so embarassed. No way I'm coming back.

BirdPerson likes this.
  3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

wtf? that's really shitty

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Hopefully not all local LGBT groups are like this haha

BirdPerson likes this.
  5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My anxiety is thru the roof. My doctor prescribed me trazadone to help me sleep because I keep having anxious nightmares and I wake up constantly throughout the night. She prescribed a beta blocker for like situational anxiety but things like that are so tricky cause I'm pretty calm when I'm actually doing the thing that gives me anxiety but it's the week or two leading up to it that I am a hot mess. So idk if that'll help. I'm just a constant mess of stress. My back is so sucky from always being tense and not being able to physically relax. I could barely make it thru wandering the pumpkin patch because my back hurt so bad like I'm 26 and I exercise regularly I shouldn't be having these back issues. I'm just so tired of feeling uptight and stressed constantly over the dumbest things. Idk. She didn't prescribe me an ssri but she said she wouldn't be surprised if I ended up on them eventually and I didn't even tell her my therapist issues and she still picked up on it and talked to me about new ones so I may ask for a referral idk idk

7. GBlades

Trusted

My girlfriend was given Trazadone for the exact same thing. She wasn't able to sleep and they prescribed this and she goes loopy when she takes it. It's as if she's coming down and then when she does she crashes, falls asleep and even twitches through the night. Wakes up and says she had some pretty damned nightmares. It's for anxiety also, which admittedly since moving out has helped. Our doctors aren't much help either...

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Thanks for saying so! I feel better now. Still really dissatisfied with certain things, but I guess things come in waves

9. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

After I freak out about whatever it may be, I stop and say "Julie, it could be a lot fucking worse" because it could be. But I totally understand where you are coming from. Glad you are feeling better!

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. I think about suicide a lot for someone who’s otherwise relatively happy. I almost welcome the thoughts and that’s what freaks me out, not the actual ideation

LWS and Shakriel like this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've only taken it a few times so far, but idk. I'm still having anxiety nightmares but I'm not waking up as often throughout the night, altho I'm still waking up some. I was hoping I'd wake up feeling refreshed or ready for the day but I've been sleeping in even longer than I was before. I can't rly go to sleep any earlier so idk what to do about that

12. GBlades

Trusted

She can go a weekend/few days without them due to doctor supply then get them and crash one night. They work but I think they end up just being a "placebo" after taking so many eventually.

13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Trazodone always makes me feel groggy the next day, bleh

14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’m honestly at such a low point. I feel worthless and unwanted, my best friend is hours away in TX and I don’t really have anyone else to hang with physically, I feel like I’m a failure as a father, and I pretty much just stay home and don’t go out because I’m too worried about money. I text people but that’s it, I keep my problems to myself because I don’t want people to go away and then I’m truly alone.

15. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

I used to think keeping my issues to myself was a good idea, until it wasn't. I bet there are tons of support groups for parents in your situation. you should look into it. and like i say to everyone, I'm here if ya need to talk!

DarkHotline likes this.
  16. I would like to respond but I don't know if you prefer a PM or if it's fine here as you wanted this post to be hidden.

17. Yeah I'm here if you need to talk as well. I think I realized that we're actually friends on facebook -I forgot whose username belong to which person a bit after my hiatus- and that I've been liking a lot of the things you share, so if you'd rather talk in that place, don't hesitate.

DarkHotline likes this.
  18. PM would be best

19. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I'd kill for a decent night's sleep. Trying to tackle it with therapy but if things don't improve soon I think I'll just bite the bullet go down the medication route. I'd like to do a sleep study to get checked for apnea but insurance won't cover it.

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

a very non scientific way to narrow it down is to use the voice recorder app on your phone and then just listen to your breathing patterns. my gf has sleep apnea and it's pretty darn obvious when it's happening

lostawholeyear likes this.
  21. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

That's a great idea. Only thing is that I play a white noise loop on my phone and I'm guessing it wouldn't work at the same time? I guess I could just go a few nights without the white noise, long enough to gather enough data.

22. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

yeah probably not

23. rebecca

Regular

I wish there was something I could do about my health anxiety. I have a mole that's a weird shape/texture and now I'm worrying it's cancerous. It's probably not but I want to get it checked out - I mean, it couldn't hurt to ask a doctor about it. But I just hate that there are so many conditions I (or anyone) could get and I don't know how to stop being anxious about my health all of the time. Also, still having symptoms of my chronic illnesses so that doesn't help.

24. I don't know what to do. Everything had built up to this after years of suffering in silence. I finally hit my dad in the face after seeing him tear down my mom one more time. I'm scared and helpless. No one ever believes victims

25. I feel like I'm about tito have a heart attack