Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 217

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Thanks so much everyone. I missed all of you as well, and it's oddly satisfying to feel welcomed again. It means a lot.

I think I might have seen that post @lightning. Pol was one of the only threads I still regularly checked out, which wasn't probably the wisest thing to read when everything seems bleak, outside of the memes of course.

A while back, there was a discussion about some users feeling like they're more on the lonely side or that they don't have many friends and don't go outside much, and it helped me realize that I'm not the only one having issues and that it's okay.

Again, thanks so much.

2. rebecca

Regular

Being manic + having social anxiety is just me incessantly texting everyone I know and then constantly worrying I'm being too annoying when some of them take a day or two to get back to me for whatever reason.

I'm already telling myself I'll never hear from two of my friends again even though every single time I think this, I'm wrong.

But one of these people being friends with my ex who loves trying to turn peoples' friends against them after breakups doesn't help.

Also, I realized last night that I have to quit drinking again because I don't tolerate alcohol as well on this dose of Lithium as I did on the lower one. Also I just know mixing Lithium and alcohol is bad in general, I just decided I didn't care a few weeks ago because I was having a hard time. Anyway, I'm seeing two friends tonight who I haven't seen in years, and they're bringing their friends I don't know, so I'll be extremely anxious and unfortunately sober the whole time.

On top of that, it is so hard for me to sleep through the night, even with Melatonin, even when I take all my pills early and go to bed immediately after. I wake up almost every hour and today I gave up around 4:30am, although I'll probably try again later. I think it's mostly the mania which should pass soon but it's so frustrating.

3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m digging the Robert Frost book

5. rebecca

Regular

I'm so confused about my life right now and I want to type it out but I'm afraid I'll sound too dysfunctional and like I guess I worry about that in every scenario including on internet mental health forums and also in support groups for people with almost the exact same issues as me, but I needed to write something I guess so here I am.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

BirdPerson likes this.
  7. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

Not really in a good place, but this made me happy. Glad she’s okay!

8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  9. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

I think I gotta get off this Effexor. I feel fucking awful some days. Like Lexapro wasn’t really helping my anxiety much, but I didn’t feel THIS depressed on it.

I need to see a psychiatrist and try to find a new therapist. I feel like I’m spiraling. I feel useless. There’s no purpose to my life.

Also even though I don’t know any of you, I love you all and it makes me feel better to scroll through here.

seimagery likes this.
  10. nohandstoholdonto

Hey, it’s totally okay, I appreciate the thought alone tbh. If you can think of anywhere you might be able to share it, that’d be really cool but if not, I def understand.

11. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Happy to help in any small way. You can always message me for cat pics or if you need someone to talk to :)

Hayley P likes this.
  12. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i was on lexapro for a while and my doc switched me to zoloft to better help with my anxiety. been a few months now and so far so good

and hey, you might be spiraling but you RECOGNIZE it and plan to do something about it. that ain't half bad

Mary V and Hayley P like this.
  13. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

SAME except for dog pics from me lol

14. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

My primary dr seemed kind of annoyed w me after we talked last time, but I think it’s bc we’ve already tried 3-4 diff meds (including hydroxyzine as needed, which helped NONE). I wish Xanax and alike weren’t so addicting bc id honestly just be okay taking that for the rest of my life. I’ll keep Zoloft in mind the next time I see her! Ty!!

BirdPerson likes this.
  15. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

yeahhhh that'd be me and klonopin. works a bit too well for me heh

Hayley P likes this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I haven't rly been following my Mint app because the last few months has been extremely unusual in terms of my spending and income so I felt like it wasn't an accurate portrayal of my finances anyway. Well today I got everything all updated and OMG I'm gonna have a fit nervous breakdown of my finances. I only get paid monthly now and I just need to make it a lil further but omg. I've put myself on a spending freeze until I get paid but I'm so stressed and anxious. Quitting my job was relieving but absolutely devastating financially. It'll probably take like years to recoup what I spent from my savings because my dumb car broke down right after I quit my job and that was just crushing financially. Buying a new car has destroyed my calm too. I've never had a car payment and its rly stressing me out. Everything is stressing me out. I look at Mint and I'm like literally how do I spend this much a month?? But most of it isn't even on me its rent and bills and student loans. Very little is actually towards whims or hobbies or impulses or whatever. It's so defeating.

waking season and xapplexpiex like this.
  17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I know exactly what you mean. Finances is one of my biggest triggers for anxiety.

18. Kiana

It sucks and I feel like a jerk for even stressing because I make more than other ppl but I haven't been paid in like 4 months and I am losing it.

But most of my regrets are with my car. I wish I would've negotiated more. Every time I go to a dealership I feel like the dumb woman who doesn't know about cars stereotype. I wish I would've put my foot down with having them come down on the price, but I also have like a need to be nice and polite and please everyone which I think is why I didn't put my foot down and I'm just so mad at myself for it. The circumstances under which I bought my car were also extremely stressful and I regret not listening to my gut and canceling the entire thing and trying another day. I try so hard not to offend or inconvenience others I'm constantly screwing myself over and then I beat myself up for it.

19. Kiana

Also it's annoying af that this last week was the first official week of summer because everyone took vacations and it just sucks. Luckily I managed to see my doctor before she went on vacay and she prescribed me some meds for anxiety. But I called my therapist because I was at work and legit thought I was going to burst into tears in the middle of it all because I was so anxious and miserable and she hasn't called back because I assume she is on vacation too. Like can y'all stagger ur vacations please?!?!

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

financial stuff's a big one for my girlfriend too. i know it's making her very anxious that i don't have another job yet since my internship ended last month. i'm still drawing unemployment so we are good on money for now.

me? i've been stressed about money on and off since 2010, usually on, so i just add it to the pile lol

Kiana likes this.
  21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

if she didn't notify you beforehand, or change her voicemail to indicate that she's on vacation, and she actually is? OH HELLLLL NO. you don't do that to your clients. source: my therapist told me last week that NEXT JUNE she will be gone for 3 weeks on vacation, and was adamant about telling me this early lol

Kiana likes this.
  22. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  23. Kiana

I haven't actually seen my therapist in like 3 weeks. I started a new job so I was going to get settled into my new schedule before I called to schedule an appt (my therapist doesn't practice in the town where I live or work so it's harder to arrange now). Last week I actually had a day I could choose to leave early tho and I was having a rly hard day like i was trying not to cry the entire time and i called hoping I could get in to see her that week but yeah they didn't answer. There was no special voicemail about being on vacation but I assume she is because they usually call back quickly. Idk.

I've been meaning to ask my primary dr for a referral to a new counselor anyway. Past issues aside, I think it's too hard not having a therapist that lives in my town even tho the ones here are supposed to be even worse lol. But I need someone to hold me accountable. I'm a people pleaser and I will stay on the straight and narrow just to not have to tell someone I messed up. Which doesn't actually treat the problem, but rn it's enough. But if I dont see someone regularly I will screw up something. I've caught myself wanting to cancel therapy all together so I won't have to be accountable to anyone which is bad news bears for me! So yeah long story short I should probably find someone closer.

BirdPerson likes this.
  24. nohandstoholdonto

Much appreciated :heart:

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i have to find a new job again. they cut everyone's hours. like how the fuck am i supposed to live on less than 20 hours a week at 9 an hour. these corporations are fucking insane.