Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 216

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. :heart: did you just describe my day to day life? it has to get better at some point. I hope things look up for you soon

AelNire and Kiana like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Thanks, hope things turn out well for you too!

AelNire and Mary V like this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I am under so much pressure. But I’ll sit and just stare and zone out for minutes at a time. I’ll go through everything I’m anxious about and think about it over and over. If I find myself enjoying the book I’m reading, I’ll think I’m forgetting something or am doing something wrong and think of something to be anxious about, then I’ll dread over it. I know the way my brain is is unhealthy and I’m making myself physically ill too, but if I were any other way, I’d feel wrong.

AelNire likes this.
  4. Kiana

I haven't done it but I've been on the other side and while I know it wasn't the intent, it came off really patronizing and like they felt I couldn't think for myself. Kinda like who are you to say what I need or what makes me happy in the long run? I know what makes me happy and what I want and you don't get to make that call for me. But I wouldn't beat yourself up. It's how you learn and grow, and I'm sure things will get better for your ex.

supernovagirl and PeacefulOrca like this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've been told that before, but I'm not sure if they were being sincere or just trying to protect my feelings

6. SimeonBD

I feel like I'm dying right now.

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

Applied for several hospital positions. I need to get out of my job asap (I know I keep saying that). I wish it wasnt so hard to find a job where I live that pays decent. I won't stand to stay at a company that can't keep staff nor wants to find staff to cover, so your basically not allowed to have time off. (they will tell you a week is "too long" to take off)

8. My anxiety is through the roof again and I'm finding myself on some kind of breaking point. And I was supposed to be so happy! I received such amazing news the other day, and then all hell broke loose and I'm trying to just hold myself together

9. I know that I have a ton of support around me but I feel myself slipping back into the habit of bottling up. Definitely feeling like a burden lately

10. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

my cat is okay!! she has a UTI and they gave her antibiotics and pain meds. she's been pretty looped out the past few days and hasn't been as snuggly, but i'm sure she'll be better soon. i'm so, so relieved. look at her lil face:

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im not okay

12. scroopy.noopers

: (

I'm not doing so hot. Actually might be homeless in the next couple days. I'm trying to be positive. I'm trying to tell myself I'm strong enough to get through this and get by. I'm doing so by believing in everyone else, including myself. Whatever you're all feeling today, you can get through it. It won't be easy, but I believe you can endure the pain and the struggle. There's always another day, another week, another month, allowing the time for those terrible thoughts and feelings to fade--to shed the negative shit and continue growing. No matter how alone three world feels, we share it together and the world needs as many passionate and loving people as possible. Do it for you and for us. Our lives stand in defiance of evil and negativity; we're better than the world we inherited.

Just wanted to share these thoughts with y'all.

mad likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Love you both

Enough to not make a My Chemical Romance reference Jake

xapplexpiex and Mary V like this.
  14. Kiana

I hate knowing things will get better in the future but I don't know what to do in the meantime. Like cool in 6 months it'll be fine but like what do I do until then

15. scroopy.noopers

Do anything you can as long as you're still alive. Make some toast. Walk across the street. The very bare minimum is something, even if its just breathing, you win.

16. Kiana

Yeah I mean I am doing all the right things. I'm going to the gym and practicing my guitar and seeing my friends and family but nothing is rly helping. I used to go to the gym and feel better by running it out or something but I am feeling so blah and nothing is penetrating thru that feeling. I know the situation that's upsetting me will probably adjust in a few months so I hear a lot of "it will get better" but that doesn't help in the interim

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  17. scroopy.noopers

I feel ya. Those blah moments really suck. Just try to remember you're still progressing even when it feels like you're not. You got this ❤

Kiana likes this.
  18. scroopy.noopers

I'm not sure what to tell people when asked "should I be worried about you?" Like, idk. I mean, literally. I have no clue. If I say no, am I lying and hurting myself? If I say yes, am I taking advantage of them? In the grand scheme of things, there's a lot more important things to worry about. Will I be fine? I think so. Will it be hard as fuck? Most certainly. I'm so conflicted and don't know what to do. Its hard for me yo accept people's love/concern for me. I understand it, but feel like I don't deserve it; there are more deserving people who need it

19. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

today is such a profoundly bad day for me. i'm so utterly trapped in negative thought spirals about myself and my self worth and feeling so alone and wishing i had friends and productive outlets

and i have to go to work and i'd much rather just lay around and mope

and my studying for the last two weeks has been very bad (in terms of spending the necessary time) and i just want to pause time and take a breather for like 10 years please

Mary V likes this.
  20. ghostxvapor

Trusted

You deserve it. Trust me, you do

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  21. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Does it get better?
    It does. I promise you.
    When? I don't know. Things have a funny way of working out. Sometimes they are good and don't know it.
    -
    I may not get to reply to all of you, but I'm here. This isn't me telling you to stop.
    In fact it's the opposite. Keep it going. Voice your life here with me and your friends.
    I think I keep going because of the uncertainty of what's around the corner in life.
    I don't have all of the answers but I do have expectations and a desire to feel better and know those around me (you) are as well. I used to think I was wrong for the way my brain worked. I would punish myself to no end. I realized I wasn't helping myself and had to unwind this behavior. I now know it's alright to be the way I am. It's the way it is for me and I have to keep myself afloat.

scroopy.noopers and mr_november like this.
  22. ChaseTx

Can I just be someone else yeah ok thanks

23. Yasqueen4

Trusted

Are you ok?

24. ChaseTx

Yeah I got frustrated with myself. Probably shouldn't have made that post either but it's ok

Yasqueen4 likes this.
  25. Carmen SD

Trusted

Applied to about 5 or so places within the last two days so far. I hope to hear back. Haven't heard back from the other place despite the fact that I reapplied, and there was more than one opening. One of the positions I just applied to looked like it had 3 openings, so I'm crossing my fingers to hear back. If I get an interview I'm going to tell them I am going on a mini vacay and I will need certain days off in a few months hoping they'll be ok with it. I have a feeling that I'm not going to be allowed my requested time off that I put in a month ago to give them a few months to figure out staffing, therefore I'll just quit. I heard there was talk from the manager how I haven't been there long and I'm requesting "a lot" of time off... actually at that point I would have been with the company for almost a year (and I only asked for a week and half), just haven't been at my current locations that long. It's honestly really sad that my location doesn't allow the care staff time off. The impression is "too bad, but we're too lazy to figure out staffing so you have to work. no time off allowed. ever. you don't get to have a life outside of work." I was informed about them not allowing people time off when I first came to the location and my thoughts we're thats bs because I had the vacation planned before I transferred, it just took a while for my bf to find out the dates were going. If the other location didn't close, that manager was pretty good about giving people time off. I'm really bitter rn and tired of everything and how everything is a mess at work and nothing is done about it no matter how many times you can complain.