Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 197

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah I would never advocate for it if I didn’t think he was getting some strange pleasure out of it (also he offered first) (also he knows we all love him)

Larry David likes this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I didn't even get a like from @oldjersey on that one. I'm about to give up.

Larry David and angrycandy like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hey I didn't see those killer hashtags you edited in!

angrycandy, Ken and Larry David like this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Those hashtags might be my first tattoo.

Larry David, oldjersey and angrycandy like this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Had a therapy appt today and I get what she was trying to do because I tend to think worst case scenario and dwell on the negative. But she said they were first world problems and that I wasn't gonna be homeless and I don't have cancer and my worst case scenario isn't that bad and tough love has never worked for me. So it just made me feel bad for struggling to deal with "easy" problems and like she doesn't like me or I annoy her or waste her time with my whiny not problems and then I cried all the way home.

On the plus side I was upset so I dominated at the gym so I guess reverse psychology worked there but doesn't rly make up for me feeling sucky.

6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Now I've never had therapy, but holy hell does that sound like a shitty thing to hear from a therapist. :/

Or maybe that's me?

Kiana, Mary V and bigmike like this.
  7. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

That sounds really awful and not helpful. And your previous posts about how you're not really feeling heard by your therapist make me think that this isn't the best fit. I know you had a pretty long wait before getting your initial appointment, but is there any chance of trying to find someone else who might actually listen to you?

I'm really sorry you had to endure that from your therapist.

8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Don't ever feel bad about your problems and your therapist, in my opinion, was wrong to try and trivialize your problems. That's awful. I'm sorry you went through that.

Mary V likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

That's why I've always been reluctant to see a therapist tbh, I've only gotten therapy at rehab and I was lucky to get someone who was incredible in every way but since then I haven't sought therapy again because I'm afraid of having a bad experience that makes my mental health worse

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

But I need therapy bad I'm one fucked up person that needs help so I better suck it up and just put myself out there

11. Kiana

Yeah I'm pretty upset by it and our sessions have been rly short lately. My sisters both saw her and loved her so part of me is like why did they love her so much like I should love her too. I don't think she knows how to help me and I feel like she thinks I'm coping well and my problems are solvable so like it's she's wondering why I see her. And maybe I'm bad at articulating my thoughts and feelings and need someone who can nudge me to open up in a helpful way. But i spent most of the appt pretty quiet cause I was trying not to cry so that doesn't rly help me open up. It kinda sucks cause I wanted to talk to her about my abusive ex trying to involve himself in my life again and the anxiety and fear that has presented that makes me nervous to leave the house but I didn't even get into that cause I was just trying not to cry the whole time

Tbh before she said it she was like "this never works, but..." and then went into her spiel and I'm like sis maybe it never works for a reason? I lost my job and my car in a very short time period and I was already struggling with depression and thoughts of self harm BEFORE any of that happened. She kept trying to offer things I can do in the meantime and help me gain perspective and I was being negative so i guess she didn't know what else to say. At least when i was double covered I didn't have a copay but now I am paying money to feel sucky lol

Zoshchenko, Mary V and bigmike like this.
  12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

So sorry @Kiana. I hope you can find a therapist that helps you more than this one. Yiu deserve so much more than what you’re getting. We’re all pulling for you!

13. It's not right for your therapist to trivialise your problems, anything you struggle with is valid and difficult and your therapist should be helping you guide yourself through it all. I'm so sorry you had an experience like that

awwgereee and Kiana like this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. Kiana

Watching what not to wear and if Stacy and Clinton were my therapists I'd be unstoppable. They validate the contestants feelings and are understanding but empowering and constructive! I want them to be my aunt and uncle.

BirdPerson likes this.
  16. drewinseries

Drew

Finding a therapist is essential to the good fit. I've had a few but really love my guy now, who is big into eastern philosophies. I found that aspect and tools coupled with the right meds has incredibly aided my panic disorder. My big, crippling panic attacks have been years apart with little bursts in between, but the one I had a few months ago was so intense and frightening that I figured it was time for meds too.

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I got really lucky with my therapist - I basically picked her cause she's at a clinic within walking distance and she has the same first name as me (I've never met anyone who spells it the same way I do), so glad she ended up being a good fit for me

BirdPerson and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. Kiana

I saw lots of therapists as a youth and then this one as an adult and idk that i loved any of them. There is an office down the street from me and I was gonna call but they have a 2 star rating and I got nervous. But the reviews didn't say anything so idk if it means much.

I've tried asking ppl for recs but all I got was the one I see now and some ppl see their pastors which doesn't seem like super healthy to me but whatevs. Someone recommended Talkspace to me and it advertises itself as cheaper than in person therapy but it is absolutely not cheaper for me.

19. lightning

I hate my life I just want it to be over fuck sake

20. lightning

I don't want to do any work.

21. Kiana

:heart: :heart:

22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Sometimes it just feels like drowning and that it’ll never end

23. scroopy.noopers

: (

I'm not happy about the two 2-hour naps I took today. I wanted to take a short one at 6 and woke up at 8 and now I just want to go back to sleep. It sucks because I didn't do anything productive today and I'm beating myself up over it.

24. Kiana

I've had a migraine for two days and I know eating will prob help but it's so much work this is the rare time I wish I didn't live alone

25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Getting dropped off of my ex's insurance is taking an undetermined amount of time. I can't get my own insurance without a firm last date of coverage. Then my coverage won't start until a month after that. It's look like July at the earliest I'd get covered and then be able to start the hunt for a therapist. I've been in a good place the last week+ or so, but today was just an absolute drag. It's tough to fight off the misery.

scroopy.noopers likes this.