Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 196

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I've pretty much quit every job I've ever had because I just don't fit and can't deal with the stress. Every workplace has given me intense anxiety no matter how great my coworkers or managers were. I'm currently working the easiest job I've ever had but almost 4 months in I'm feeling the same. I just feel like every place has a higher standard of work than I'm even capable of.

And they've all been entry level customer service bullshit.

Collin Skeen likes this.
  2. Collin Skeen

Regular

I just started a job with Admissions where I went to undergrad after being unemployed for 7 months. At first I was so worried it was gonna be like working retail with the big focus on "your numbers = your job" but it's been really fun and fulfilling so far.

awwgereee, Kiana and Shakriel like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Well they just denied my coworker unemployment who quit when I did for the same reasons. The only "edge" I have if you can call it that is that I entered therapy as a result of the stress and depression caused by the work environment. So now I have to wait and see if my mental health is worth weekly unemployment checks to them I guess but I won't hold my breath

mad likes this.
  4. scroopy.noopers

: (

Man its been over a week since the break up and my best friends here have literally made no effort to hang with me.

Trying not to let it bother me but fuck, its just shitty.

mad likes this.
  5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I know this feeling well and it fuuuuckin sucks
    hope you’re feeling less shitty soon buddy

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  6. Kiana

I keep thinking back to my interview this week. I had to psych myself up before the interview and I just wasn't feeling it during. I thought it was because maybe the job isn't for me, but now I'm wondering if it's my depression. It's hard not being able to trust my own feelings. Idk if I'm not enthused because a legitimate lack of passion or because of depression. I feel like I can't trust my own judgment. It also sucks that if it is depression I'm sabotaging my chances of success by not feeling into it. I think my therapist wants to potentially discuss medication next week but I guess we'll see.

Shakriel likes this.
  7. Carmen SD

Trusted

If you have sick time I don’t think they can fire you for calling in sick (and if someone was fired for that they can sue for wrongful terminated even at will states), and writing someone up for that is ridiculous unless they’re a frequent call offer or didn’t call within the time stated in the company policy. Also you don’t legally have to have a doctor note until after two days off sick calls offs- at least to my knowledge when asked a manager about that type of situation

8. Kiana

They denied my unemployment because I left without good cause. Because the hostile work environment driving u back into therapy isn't good cause I guess. It just makes me jaded towards workplaces. The system is in place to protect businesses and not people and it's disheartening.

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I really need to go back to a therapist but I can’t afford it even with the hardship discount.

So I try to just sleep it off right now. It kind works.

10. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I'm just one big ball of anxiety right now, terrified of everything collapsing around me. Flashing forward a month, or two, would just be awesome.

11. Larry David Apr 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2018)
    Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Just found out this weekend that I'll be losing my insurance I've had through the state this week because I can't afford it. I had it for free through the state, and now I'd have to pay $800 a month for the lowest bare bones insurance.

So now, I'll have no way of getting depression meds, therapy, etc. without paying ridiculous prices out of pocket.

I'm insanely nervous on what this will do to my depression, which is already severe with those things.

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Got an interview at Sam ash and put in an application at a record store that's been hiring for a month now and I asked and they're still hiring so hopefully I get one of these jobs

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

sending good vibes Jake

14. Kiana

Someone else at my old job put in their two weeks today. That's the third person to do it just weeks before the school year is over. You think this would be a sign to someone in upper management how awful of a work environment it is there but they'll just find someone lower qualified to fill the position since there's no incentive to attractive highly skilled employees :coffee:

BirdPerson likes this.
  15. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Depressed beyond words today. Going to listen to Julien Baker all day, and remind myself of the people in my life that I would not want to leave behind.

oldjersey, Shakriel and Collin Skeen like this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

like me! :heart:

17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Thinking of you, man. Be good to yourself.

18. Collin Skeen

Regular

And all the people you'll meet in the future.

19. Love you bud, take extra care of yourself today and message me any time :heart:

awwgereee, Shrek, Ken and 3 others like this.
  20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I was doing okay today until I got my stupid fucking grad tickets in the mail like ha ha thanks for the reminder that I'm not graduating universe
    I also need a new job, and now is the time that lots of restaurants are hiring but I do not have nearly enough spoons to do the whole job hunt/interview thing right now

Collin Skeen likes this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hey brother, I know it sounds kind of dumb but listening to stand up comedy lifts my spirits pretty quickly when I feel like that. Also you can make fun of me alllllll you want!

Mary V, awwgereee, Shrek and 4 others like this.
  22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

love you, man. I hope things get better for you soon. try to stay positive

Mary V, awwgereee, Shrek and 3 others like this.
  23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

@Larry David hey! We care about you! Also make fun of dan because it’s rly fun for the rest of us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GrantCloud, Mary V, Shrek and 3 others like this.
  24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

It's not so fun for dan

#teamdan
    #teamoldjersey

GrantCloud, oldjersey and Larry David like this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Idk why, but it is.