Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 158

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I absolutely, positively hate cliche posts that are made to be circulated on social media, except the ones from To Write Love On Her Arms. They're all so great and this one struck me pretty hard when I saw it:

You deserve to give yourself another go anytime you feel low. You, and everyone in this thread, are too fucking good and too fucking important to this world to not be apart of it.

2. scroopy.noopers

: (

i feel like i've reached an age to where i've already done irreversible damage to my body. the drinking i did in my 20s was gross, especially for someone who is 120-125lbs. its worrying because i feel like my brain is just not performing like it once did. its prob just my depression and anxiety that is making it so difficult to remember things and focus, but idk

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I have been stressed the fucking max for like three weeks with moving/holidays approaching/work/a major work meeting. I put the meeting in my calendar for tomorrow when it was actually today, so I didn't even show up to the meeting. It was an honest mistake and I went and apologized to my bosses -- both of whom were at the meeting -- but I feel so unprofessional and it's amplified the stress. My head has been pounding all day and I can't stop beating myself up for it.

4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Sorry to hear this. :( Any chance this weekend will at least give you a chance to step back and breathe at all? Sounds like you fucking need it.

lish likes this.
  5. Shakriel

Today was bad, I am doing bad. Fucked up at work, may have fixed it but probably not (any time I make a mistake I spiral hard due to a fear instilled in me from a previous job about getting shitcanned for next to nothing), hate the fucking place, stressed and anxious as I have not yet heard back from the other place I interviewed at and I'm afraid I'm back at step 1 which is that no fucking job wants me. Just stressed. Glad I have 5 days off after a short day of work tomorrow. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind and am barely holding it together at work right now.

6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Eh, not really. I've been going back and forth to my home town for the last three weeks to my parents place so i'm kind of burnt out doing that and then I'm moving on saturday and I don't have a way to get my bed to my new place until like next week and so I have to buy a couch tomorrow.

Shakriel likes this.
  7. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I’m having such a horrible time with trying to escape from everything going on in the entertainment world. I can’t watch the news, I can’t listen to music, I can’t even go to god damn Pixar movies because the constant barrage of predators makes me sick and makes me fixate on events from my childhood that I hadn’t even thought about for years.

I’m really at a loss and I don’t know what to do and I hate that I’m making it about myself, I just wish there was some sort of relief

storm and LWS like this.
  8. I feel this. I'm sure a lot of us do. I'm not totally sure how to help, but just remember that you're not alone. Talk about it here any time :heart:

awwgereee likes this.
  9. Jams

Trusted

I hate the holidays. All it does is remind me that I'm a huge burden on everyone in my life and no one really wants me around. I just want to visit with my family but I feel like they don't even really want me there. I've always been the least favorite. It's been clear to me my whole life. I mean my aunt will literally tell everyone my brother is her favorite out of the 2 of us. Makes me feel like absolute shit. Add onto it me not being able to drive so everyone screams at me bc they have to drive 15 mins to come get me. I offer gas money and try to make myself less of a burden. I will switch my entire schedule around so it's more convenient for them but it's just hard. Anytime my brother needs a babysitter, I do it for free. He's moved like 6 times and I'm the one helping every single time. When my dad needs someone to watch his dogs or house sit for him, I'm the one to offer to do it for free. But when I need someone to drive 15 mins, it's a huge deal and I'm a piece of shit who makes everyone's life difficult. I'm just so over everything.

storm likes this.
  10. lightning

I wanna give you lots of hugs and chocolate :heart: I'm sorry
    Not that it offers comfort but I always am reminded of how similar we are when I read your posts on here.

People suck.

Jams likes this.
  11. lightning Nov 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2017)
    lightning

I had to get my gums cleaned in the summer and I've been using an electric toothbrush almost every day since

My last check up said things have improved so I'm trying to keep going

I also need to keep up my exercise routine for my muscles. And I gotta lose a few pounds too.

Ergh. I just feel so lazy and miserable though. I need to have more naps.

I don't ever bother to really relax even though I have plenty of time to. I just try to keep busy if I'm not working, be that through gaming or YouTube or Spotify.

Joe4th and Shakriel like this.
  12. Shakriel

Welp have to spend the next few days retraining myself to relax my jaw again. I'm so fucking stressed and depressed over the past few weeks that I'm like permanently clenching my jaw and right now it fucking kills.

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm so sorry you're experiencing that. It seriously sucks going out of your way for people who can't be bothered to do it for you even a little bit. Just know that you're not a burden and you are needed. They are taking you for granted and would be lost without your help and they are foolish for that!

Jams likes this.
  14. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Been far to much to even get into without a post no one would read... Just been surviving, and openly aware the way I am is not a way to do it. Quick way to end up sick or dead, but it keeps me fighting for the moment. That's all that matters to me atm.

Drugs don't numb anymore just reset my mind enough to refocus. I need to reassess soon but I hope something can break for all my efforts, I've raped my essence for the effort of trying, it's time to pay off or I don't know what to know anymore/do/etc.

15. Kiana

Today was wiiiiiild. I actually felt pretty confident?? And what's more is that all the factors would normally be against that. I wasn't as dressed up as usual. I was wearing work out leggings and a graphic tee, had my glasses on, no eye makeup, and my skin is more broken out than it has been in a while. But my makeup and hair looked good miraculously and someone even told me that they hate me cause I'm so photogenic. ME. The irl Chandler Bing who can't take a photo. Maybe cause my hair/bangs are that length I like it before I get it trimmed and then it feels too short. Idk. But it felt nice today. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but I had today!! I will always have today lol

dadbolt, Jams, awwgereee and 3 others like this.
  16. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

unrelated i did get a haircut and really try and freshen myself up to maybe build myself up today. and oddly while i am happy with the "haircut invincibility period" im just like eh... im not exactly sure what to do.

i took extra hours to make more money, tried to treat myself, fight for what i care about, nothing is cracking, blah.

LWS and Shakriel like this.
  17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I need to catch a break. The last couple of months have been some of the hardest ever and now the last week my Crohn’s disease is flaring really bad. Plus it feels like SAD is really doing a number on me this year.

18. scroopy.noopers

This is the worst week for my therapist to be off :(

I just wanna thank you all for reaching out or just even reading what I say here. No matter hoe much worse of a condition I get in, knowing I'm not alone is enough to keep my head above the water.

lish, awwgereee, cybele and 2 others like this.
  19. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

:heart:

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  20. Kiana

lol my awesome day of confidence is gone. It is always so fragile and temporary. All it took was a few unflattering pictures and it crumbles down. I immediately zero in on all the flaws. It's like my brain thinks it before I even realize it. I think it has always felt harder for me because these perceived flaws that I have, my sisters don't have them, or not as prominently. the comparisons come in and I wonder why I can't look like them and why I had to be the one to get all of the unflattering traits. I don't know how to get to a place of contentment. Some days I feel okay about myself and some days people even compliment my appearance, but I don't think I'll ever truly believe it or feel happy about myself. I feel like I'll always struggle.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. scroopy.noopers

how does everyone deal with their family and friends' concerns about your mental health? i've been more open about it with my family (again) recently and like idk i think my mom has said something to people cuz all the sudden i'm getting calls asking about how i'm doing. trying to be honest, i tell everyone that i'm really struggling, and then they kind of dig for answers, or attribute everything to just stress. especially my dad. i know that these people are always there for me to talk to, but if it were that easy, i wouldn't need a therapist.

idk i'm just kind of frustrated and am reminded why i never want to talk about how i'm doing

22. Jams

Trusted

A random woman at the grocery store today told me my hair cut was so cute and I could pull it off bc I have a "pretty face." I almost started crying. The only people who have ever called me pretty are like my mom and grandma. I have basically no self esteem so that seriously made my whole day especially since I've had a rough week. I'm so used to everyone around me being the "pretty one" so that just made me feel really good.

23. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sitting on the couch staring at everything I own boxed up on the living room floor and starting to feel pretty overwhelmed. Still so much left to do and only one more day to get it done. Leaving a comfortable situation is awful.

scroopy.noopers and Shakriel like this.
  24. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I have so much to regret. biggest motivator is I can't end out like this.
    I hate that.

25. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I've bit my tongue and fought for months to see better but these last 3 days broke me in a way I doubt I'll recover from because well... I've decided I don't want to. All this effort I told myself last year 2017 was the year something happens or the last one I'll probably be around for.

Me and Brittany tried so hard, did the best we could, was making ground and it was ripped from us, by my own family nonetheless. Like I wrote in an old poem:

"Waking up each day I feel that split second of peace
    then I remember why life feels so incomplete
    sleeping the days away just to get through
    all alone cus those who “care” are far in between the few
    lifeless life, take in that deadly embrace
    i see nothing but emptiness when I see my face
    I’m a contradiction like everyone else, my flaws are on display
    love so hard, that I do, but my flaws ran everyone away...

...I cant promise anything about where Ill go cus I have no idea where to be
    its torture to pretend I even care as I’m sure you can see
    I dont much care for the people who call themselves friends
    I rarely hear from you or see you, I’m tired of trying to mend
    the bridges I didn’t break, they just got left unattended
    so they withered and decayed, is that what you intended?
    like friendships like mental, so rest in rot
    its torture when everything you believed in is nothing that you thought"