Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 147

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I had a friend for like 18 years that I let go of and it's been fine without him. He was a shitty person and treated me like such. It's not the same for everyone though so I understand your pain and the grips of it, just try again and ponder it over. Do you have a lot of other friends? Maybe consider hanging out with her less often so you can minimize the damage until she takes it seriously?

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have made more friends recently which has boosted my self esteem in that regard. She used to be one of my only friends so making more has been nice and we've def hung out less since, since these friends make more of an effort. I just missed her and wanted to go with her specifically, which is why it kinda stung that she ended up leaving not long after the set even started. Before this we hadn't hung out for months

3. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Panic attacks are great

4. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

been v stressed cus I know I gotta take school loans SERIOUS, gotta address my check engine light, inspection, my mom pressing me about moving out yet pressing me about money she needs from me and my girl to keep afloat and being confused with that, needing more hours from work but not being able to find it in the day with my run around - not wanting to leave cus I like my boss but knowing I need more, my girl tryna talk money knowing everything I make, settle for, work for, and build for is us, and on top of all that just wanting to be to just breathe for once.

I wish at least others would understand I'm v cognitive of financials and don't need their nonsense.

5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Today was an extremely tough day to get through with the seemingly unending amount of terrible news that just kept rolling in. I hope everyone has been able to take some time for some self care today or in the near future.

AelNire, SlappinCups, lish and 4 others like this.
  6. Kiana Oct 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 3, 2017)
    Kiana

I just watched Jimmy Kimmel's monologue and it's so difficult to watch people breaking every time a tragedy like this happens and then again and again and again and again when it happens. It can feel so hard to go on or even leave your house when it seems like nothing good ever happens, but it's always touching and amazing to see people come together and know that there are still things worth fighting for and believing in. :heart: to everyone.

7. Kiana

It's sad that one thing can sort of derail my entire brain into overthinking and then getting super down. One incident happened that was extremely upsetting to me. It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme, but it did blindside me and it's something that does reflect on me. So it's easy to overthink. All night long. Then my brain wanders further and it's like honestly what is even the point? Like why am I going thru these motions and am I even happy at all? I hate feeling so stressed out and anxious and irritated all the time like it shouldn't be this hard. I'm in this state where I just wanna cry and let it out but I don't cry. It would just be okay if I could let it go or move past it but I feel like lately it's getting harder and harder to brush things off. It's harder for things to distract me and allow me to decompress. I feel like the human race doesn't really exist for any meaningful reason so why is it so hard like if we're just a blip in the radar of the universe why can't it just be cool and chill and fun?

Also I went to McDonald's to eat trash and feel better but it was randomly closed at 8:30pm.

8. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

9. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

It's my birthday and I wish I could disappear.

It feels like I've wasted so many years and that I'm so much farther behind than I feel like I should be. Feels like another year slipped away and that I'm never going to accomplish anything.

AelNire and CarpetElf like this.
  10. Kiana

It's hard not to, but def don't compare urself to anyone else. No matter how "accomplished" others may seem, we're all just searching for happiness and knowledge and u will get there in ur own time. I guarantee like nobody has their life figured out and everyone is just wandering aimlessly thinking wtf am I doing???

11. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Fuck. Just want to give up. Have no fucking positivity/hope about shit right now.

12. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I know this feeling well and I'm sorry you're here but hold on, there is period like that sometimes where seemingly all we can do is pull through, but the light is always brighter when it's finally done. Keep trying to find the outlets for peace and happiness, would gladly be an ear if you need, but hold strong and keep pushing. Hope this feeling passes asap.

Shakriel likes this.
  13. sleepy Oct 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2017)
    sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

i recently came up with a comic ima do to entertain and in ways appease the sides of my personality; sometimes it feels like a tug-o-war getting all them addressed and respected.... excited to start working out the kinks and get started, creativity always been the one loophole to appease and please myself in return with the returns.

14. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Thanks, I appreciate this. Just super stressed and just like continually so thanks to what I feel like is literally everything being shitty to an unsustainable degree.

sleepy likes this.
  15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Life isn't a race. It feels like one -- society at large runs on check marks and is built on inertia -- but that's all bullshit. It's probably cliche but the biggest thing I've learned is that no one knows a damn thing at all. The world is better everyday that you're here.

16. Whatjuliansaid

I definitely felt this way the other day, I just woke up and felt horrible.

I followed it up by hanging out with one of my friends who was visiting and having a deep conversation. What I remembered was that even though she had her life well put together, was making 6 figures a year, had immense privilege and an easy life; she was incredibly miserable. She hates her profession, her family, everything. She just buys matieral items for sport but doesn't value them at all. She doesn't know what makes her happy, she doesn't know what she wants to do or how long she can do this for.

So even though it may seem perfect for others from the outside, you're far from alone. As mike said, it doesn't matter what your speed is or what your arrival time is. Everyone gets to a point of contentment eventually and each path is unique. It's unfortunate the way that social media can focus on that feeling and push you down multiple notches, making you feel minuscule and pathetic. I think everyone should take a break from that when you notice you are feeling down, at least I know that helped me a bit. Like I said before, it's important to remember that even though it may seem like everyone else is living a charmed life; it's far from true.

17. Whatjuliansaid

I found a new therapist that specializes in dealing with my issues. I'm very happy about it, just crossing my fingers she's actually a good fit. I haven't seen her yet. A little bit of a light on a darkened day.

18. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

bigmike and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’ve gotten to this point of total apathy about people and ever trying to be in a relationship again. Like I honestly feel like I can never been in a meaningful relationship, I’m just too fucked up and shitty to just subject my shit on others.

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

v frustrating being around ppl who will whine about literally the most minuscule things but when someone speak about real valid issues they been around alot they say "they heard this before" - because they're suffering for real? they dont have your someone made you drive the speed limit on a back road problems, they have real ones. just cus you heard it before doesnt mean you get to shrug them off, esp if you wanna whine about who got the most french fries or some stupid shit like that. i wish that was even an exaggeration.

SlappinCups likes this.
  21. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

It's been a really rough week. I'm so fucking angry with everything and I can't keep doing this shit, I've felt like this for too many years

Shakriel likes this.
  22. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

My least favorite part of the day is waking up with a bad, empty feeling. It’s like starting the day out in a pit

AelNire and Shakriel like this.
  23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I've been waking up upset again that I'm alive. Fucking sucks but it'll get better.

bigmike, SlappinCups and Shakriel like this.
  24. I've been feeling so anxious and unloveable. Every time I go to post in a thread / any type of social media, I'm consumed by all these intrusive thoughts like "nobody likes you", "everyone wants you gone", "you're just annoying", "they just pity you" and it's so draining and upsets me. I miss my friends and can't work up the energy to talk to them. Just feel like it would be better off if I were alone tbh

AelNire, Pseudo! and Shakriel like this.
  25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I would love to see you post more. I enjoy each of your posts that I read.

Mary V likes this.