Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 145

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Ugh just over half way through working 8 days in a row and I've hit a wall. Just completely emotionally drained from dealing with so many people. I desperately need to get out of customer service but I have zero real skills.

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's funny, I don't work and get anxiety about being useless. Then I work constantly and then I get existential about not really existing. It's fun shit.

3. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, I really need to. Hopefully tonight. Like, I get home from school and I’m exhausted and I think, “ok, so I clean my room or do homework” cause I know I’m not gonna do both, and I usually go with the latter

4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Just really not doing well at all. And now my car might have a coolant leak. Not spending another dime on the stupid fucking thing, but buying another car doesn't appeal to me. Least I found out about this potential issue before I bought a new phone, but fuck me.

5. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I am cracking the fuck up. Two more days of work to get through....

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I was able to get them checked into a hospital, thank you for the offer!

Shakriel likes this.
  7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

that's good to hear. I hope they are alright.

8. Driving2theBusStation Sep 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 24, 2017)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

After years of feeling tired/low energy all the time, drowsy, slurred (and slower than usual) speech, sexual dysfunction, memory loss, emotional numbness, etc, my clinic finally admitted that they've been overmedicating me and chopped my dosage down by half. I feel like a weight is off my shoulders as I've tried explaining to them for a couple years how shitty the medication made me feel. I don't feel the feels as much anymore (could barely even naturally feel emotional when my dad, aunt, uncle and grandma died during that time). I've been in this void of emotional flatlining for years and it's only gotten worse. Now they've finally acknowledged it, and are maybe looking into alternatives. Part of me wants to sue them if I thought I could handle all the mess that goes into that process.

Bloodsucker II and Shakriel like this.
  9. Yasqueen4

Trusted

I'm feeling really terrible and lonely today. Can't wait for a new day and to feel normal again.

Shakriel likes this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The other day mtv played Scars by Papa Roach and I was like oh hey I used to like that song a lot lemme add it to Spotify. So I was singing along loudly in the car and out of nowhere kinda choked up a bit. Idk if it's cause it reminded me of my ex but it was weird cause I didn't think I really had any feelings about that now. I feel more emotionally removed from it but maybe it's just chilling subconsciously. Idk. Weird haha.

Shakriel likes this.
  11. A random number called me four times today. I spent the whole day feeling anxious, thinking it was the guy who sexually harassed me or one of the people who anonymously bullied me on tumblr and happened to know a lot about me. Ugh. It sucks being taken back to a hopeless place and losing it over phone calls (it was just someone contacting me with the wrong number)

12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Been behind the past few days. Just wanted to say you're all dope, and I love you all

13. Carmen SD

Trusted

I am back to feeling really depressed. I need to get out of my job very badly, but theres no where for me to apply that offers full time with good benefits. Everything I can apply to that doesn't require a license, cert, or crazy requirements is too far away, and places within reasonable distance is part time or on call. I am miserable and I don't know what to do.

14. Jams

Trusted

I've been feeling extra lonely lately and it just sucks. I keep seeing all these fun things to do and then I'm like oh yeah....you have no one to do anything with so never mind! I just wish I had friends to hang out with and talk with. I basically sit at home by myself all day and the only person I really do anything with on a regular basis is my mom. And a lot of it is her just feeling bad for me so she will try and make plans with me so I'm not sitting here like a slug. Which I really, really appreciate....but it would just be really nice to have some friends. I feel like I've never had great friends and I have always just been someone people hang out with when everyone else is busy and then when they don't need me anymore they just stop talking to me. I've been trying to be more open and outgoing which is really hard with my anxiety but I've been talking to people in line at shows and things. We seem to get along great and we end up hanging out a few times, but they already have a ton of friends and a boyfriend so then it's back to only hanging out once in a blue moon because they are bored and no one else is free.

15. Yasqueen4

Trusted

I'm in pretty much the same boat! If you ever spend a day in Chicago we can hang out:)

Jams likes this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm really excited to spend this weekend with my bff who I haven't really seen since I moved out. I've seen her for a few minutes here or there but I'm eager to catch up. So im all looking forward to it and being a cornball and when I text to confirm when we're leaving on saturday, she doesn't even remember we're doing anything. We're staying at a hotel out of state like how do you even forget that? It wasn't even like I jogged her memory and then she remembered. She was like wut? Where? When? Why are we going? Who are we seeing in concert?? I talked to her about it a week and a half ago, and a few times before that. It's just another time I feel like an idiot cause I feel like I care more than she does. I am ready to stop making an effort in the friendship. This was kinda my last big attempt to plan something with her and I just feel sad and stupid.

Shakriel likes this.
  17. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I am just so fucking done with my job. Need a new one, stat. Sigh.

dadbolt and clockwise like this.
  18. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I'm in a really weird headspace.

like, I don't even know how to explain it. It's just really weird.

19. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Been really worried about my brother with everything he's going through with his case, his girl being in jail, bangin pills, my girl sees lil puddles in sinks clearly from him shooting up (she went to go to the bathroom at 3 last night and someone was in there tryna not seem like someone is) and its all be substantiated... and I'm worried about him, and in turn my family (mom especially). He always was like my Mom in not really thinking mental health is something that can't just be overstepped "If you really want it".... sorry life finally slapped him back down to earth hard enough to make him realize our family is touched by that and so are you.
    its upsetting and I don't know what to do, talking to him is really not working dude and his girl both seems hell bent on dodging and tryna turn a blind eye to what is clearly going on until life comes and gets them..... like his girl getting arrested out of our house, his bedroom with him there.
    it's time for his eyes to open and everyone is struggling with getting them so and its straining everyone and stressing them even more on top of the concern for him.

and to make matters worse, my mom applies pressure to me and my girl to make herself feel better about the non progress from my brother seeing the progress me and my girl made on our own without help or prodding, asking for money to help cover the holes he creates everything from that to moving out (which I know is so inevitably that girl who got him into all this) would move in - which even my mom don't wont but would get finessed on... frustrating.

20. lish

Get. It. Bro. You're doing awesome!

sophos34 likes this.
  21. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I hate feeling that I'm a total mental mess. I went to class today and every time my professor says anything, I feel a billion times dumber because I've forgotten everything he's taught in the last year. I feel like I'm shunted aside at my internship but I can't bring myself to speak up about wanting to get my experience working patients and following the doctor's cases.

i can never bring myself to quit this program because I've gotten so far and learned so much, and yet, it feels like I haven't progressed at all and I just now passed on a class trip to a conference in new orleans because i'm tearing up myself on whether or not I should go because it's a) expensive and the school may not have enough to cover even the registration fee, b) only two in the class are going for sure because of a), and c) unfamiliar city and a fuckload of people at the conference. i don't deal well with huge, and i mean huge amounts of people.

22. windowbirds

I'm also deeply convinced that half my classmates don't like me because I usually have nothing to say or that I'm unpleasant to be around.

23. lish

Don't force yourself to try and finish a program you have trouble with or aren't enjoying.

I had the mental breakdown, terrible academic record, and the $90k in debt to hopefully be an example.

24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I always enjoy talking to you and seeing your posts on here.

I feel you though. Been in a weird funk again lately of feeling invisible and unimportant.

Shakriel and ComedownMachine like this.
  25. windowbirds

It's not that I hate it or I'm not enjoying it, it's that I feel nothing from it. I have the spring semester left; I'm finishing it no matter what. I'

lish likes this.