Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 127

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I live in the northwest, where MS happens to be most common, so there is actually quite a lot of support groups. And thankfully I have an awesome family and girlfriend that make it much better. Plus my doctor is pretty awesome and open so that all helps. Thank you!

mad likes this.
  2. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Does anyone experience loss of appetite from depression? I've never had it happen before but now all I've eaten in the last 48 hours is three girl scout cookies...

3. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Ohhh yeah. Within the past 6 months I lost over 25 pounds. This is coming from someone who doesn't really exercise much, but also has never been over weight and doesn't eat much junk food. Thankfully it's gotten a little better, but I still struggle with constant anxiety. And eating just doesn't feel right with it. It's really hard to force yourself to eat sometimes.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah. It's weird because sometimes when I'm in a depressed state I will eat everything in sight, but other times it's the opposite and I lose my appetite completely.

5. I think I eat more when I'm depressed. Can't lose weight, which makes me more depressed...

6. Jams

Trusted

I got called ugly today and have been really upset ever since. I've never thought I was pretty and have always had low self esteem so hearing someone say that just really hurts. All my life everyone around me has always been the "pretty one" and then I compare myself to them and it wrecked my self esteem. My best friend growing up was very pretty, always getting compliments, does modeling now, etc. My family constantly talks about how pretty my cousins are and then I'm just there. I had a lot of issues with my body image and thought I was fat. I would eat 1 "meal" (using that loosely) a day and weighed 100 pounds and still thought I was fat. I worked really hard to get better and eat better and am at a "healthy" weight rn but I can't help but look at old pictures and wish I still looked like that even though I know it was not healthy. I just want to be over all this. Every time I feel like I'm getting to a better place, something happens and I'm back to thinking I'm an ugly slug again.

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Who even calls anyone ugly anymore past the age of like 9?

I'm sorry you dealt with that, but I'm sure you're not ugly. Self love is tough sometimes, I hope it gets easier for you dear!

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm the exact same with the comparisons and always feeling in the shadow of others so I feel you hard. That person is awful tho jfc like who even says that?? People thinking their dumbass innacurate perceptions matter smh

Petit nain des Îles and Jams like this.
  9. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I don't want to do what I want to do...? How do you explain this to people that think you're a flake without unloading a bunch of personal shit on them? Most days I just want to see my family at home then be alone.

zigbigwig and Kellan like this.
  10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I used to make excuses and I realized it made me appear worse to other people, so now I just tend to be honest with them and just say I don't feel well.

When it's the first time, I try my best to explain that I do love being around people, but being an introvert means I get drained easily. I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't understand that.

Petit nain des Îles and muttley like this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I found out for my sisters 16th birthday we were taking a family trip to Disneyland for a few days. I got super excited.

Today I learned that my family isn't taking me at all but instead taking my sister's boyfriend. I don't even feel like I have a family with how much they don't include me in family trips or pictures.

12. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Wtf. That sucks man, sorry to hear that

13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Sort of. The way mine works is, okay my stomach is growling so I need to put food in it to make the growling stop. But no food sounds good to me, nothing, I don't really want to eat, like I'm literally at that point just trying to find something to make the growling stop. It's usually a piece of bread, maybe cereal.

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

People with ADD/ADHD, I am in need of your advice and experiences, if any of you are willing to share. I am at a point with my life and my job where I KNOW something is not right with me. Do any of you identify with this? I sent it to my psychiatrist.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't know if I have ADD per se but I get distracted constantly and can relate to say going downstairs to get something doing something else and then like half an hour later realize I never did that thing

I also get super spacey but I think that's related to anxiety

16. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I've been like this lately. Part of it might be that I've burnt out on all of the restaurants nearby, but there's definitely a general loss of appetite.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

finding the meaning in life is hard and I find happiness fleeting

18. CobraKidJon

A few weeks ago a group of my friends went to Seattle to visit a good friend for a week. They didn't want to invite me because of my work.

My family is going to Disneyland next month for a few days. They didn't want to invite me because they wanted to take someone else and they didn't want me to take work off.

People wonder why I'm constantly wanting to do things alone and this is why. People suck.

SlappinCups and Shakriel like this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I kinda feel empty sometimes. Like I'm just not really feeling anything but my brain acts like I am. I've heard this is a common way anti depressants make people feel. Like their happiness or being fine is "fake." Or that their emotions are being suppressed to the point of just not feeling. It's not that bad really and doesn't happen all the time I just noticed it tonight and realized I'd felt it once or twice in the last couple weeks. Hope it doesn't get worse and I have to try a new anti depressant. If that's the case I might see if I can go back to living life without one but since this one has worked so well up to this point I'm thinking I do need one. And maybe that occasional emptiness is worth not being so depressed all I wanna do is die or use heroin again.

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. drewinseries

Drew

Anyone with panic disorder, I did some CBT and it worked really, really well. I recommend it if you have known triggers.

mad likes this.
  21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

What do you do for a living? Also, I agree, people suck. That's why I have two dogs.

22. CobraKidJon

I work at a grocery store in the produce department and I'm not even a manager so it's not like I'm missing much by taking days off.

My parents just want me to be constantly making money since they want me to move out.

23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Oh that sucks to hear :/ parents can be the worst sometimes. Hang in there.

24. This month is packed with family events: birthday, graduation, Father's Day, two weddings. I sometimes feel like I spend too much time being happy for other people and not enough time being happy for myself. I should probably feel more proud of the smaller accomplishments I've made since graduating with my Master's a year ago, even if they're not exactly the kinds of things I'd throw an event for to celebrate. Going to other people's happy things brings me joy, of course, but after a certain point it kind of feels like I'm playing the support role in the story of my own life.

25. Maybe I'm just overdue for spending a day with myself, going to a movie and going out to eat on my own. I didn't even know that was something you could do until after I graduated; I was always under the impression that if you ever went out, it always had to be with other people. I used to be bothered by being out alone, but I think it's good to find time to enjoy it