Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 126

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. mationation

I think God's a painter

totally feel this -- from both ends. the important thing to realize is that people that low down don't want you to "fix them". they want to hear that you care about them and love them. over and over.

and that's all you can really do (unless they become a danger to themselves or others) until something is triggered within them and they choose to take initiative/seek help.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I am trying to do that but honestly they pretty much are a danger to themselves or others but not in an outright direct way...kinda?
    Sorry I'm being incredibly vague, just not sure how much I want to reveal since it's not my situation.
    They truly are not rooted in reality anymore. They won't seek help. They don't believe they need it, at all.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol she ditched me again so... okay. This time she didn't even respond when I asked if we were still meeting up today. It would be whatever I'm over it except my makeup looks really good and now I have nowhere to go!

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

had a horrible night the other day....think i missed a wellbutrin dose but i dont remember? im so bad at remembering if i took my medicine or not and i always lose count so that never works. but the following days were better. like i said not every day is good but the good days have out numbered the bad ones lately and thats all i can really ask for.

SlappinCups likes this.
  5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

As long as good outweighs the bad, that's all that counts man. Keep grinding.

Have you thought about one of those medicine kits where you put your dosage for the day in a container so you can see how much you've taken for the day? It may sound lame and like something an old person does, but organization is key. I find I need to do things that my parents need to do otherwise I just forget.

6. Kiana May 30, 2017
    (Last edited: May 30, 2017)
    Kiana

At 2am my friend who ditched me let me know she was lifeflighted to the hospital on sunday. Idk what happened and she text me from a weird number so I'm guessing someone just lent her their phone. idk if she still has access to it to respond or if I should text her actual phone? I feel kinda weird and frozen. Idk why. I'm having a weird shutting down reaction where idk how to deal with more srs stuff. She seems okay but yeah idk.

Edit: apparently she was in an accident and has a lacerated liver and a ton of stitches and stuff. Idkkkkk

7. Kiana

My friend text me again and I feel a bit better but also not. It was freaky to get a text like that at 2am and not know what happened. She's texting me now and apologizing for ditching me and I'm like sis u were lifeflighted. That's a pretty legit excuse. I feel bad, if anything. I still feel weird and empty like I'm going thru the motions. I don't think I'll feel better until I see her in person which idk when that will be. Idk. Obv I had no way of knowing why she never responded to me about our plans so logically I shouldn't feel guilty. But I do feel guilty for assuming the worst in her, even tho she has a history of sidelining me for other ppl. But still. Idk just conflicting emotions but she's okay and should be out if the hospital in the next few days so I guess that's all that matters

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

There is if you've lived my life hahahaha. I can't be nice to people who don't want to listen or hypocritical leftists who are like "lIsteN to MinOriTieS" then pick and choose when they do that because they want it to fit certain narratives for partisan or other political reasons. :sly:

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i've noticed that even smartphones don't help me with remembering to do things, so writing things down on paper / a paper calendar may help. i know that's weird to say, but when i have a paper in front of me even with simple tasks like "check <insert whatever here>", i then remember to do it lol

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I'm in a really bad spot todsay

11. MegaButterfree

Regular

It's been 15 days since the last time I had a binge/purge episode. I haven't done this well in over a year. I've been incredibly upset about a recent break-up but focusing on trying to be healthier has been making me feel a little better.

bigmike, mad, Kiana and 2 others like this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I've been traveling more often for work, and it's made me really appreciate the position I'm in in my life.

I turned down the traveling offer about 4-5 months ago because my ex made me feel incredibly guilty about being away for work. But after we broke up I decided to see if I could take the offer, and thankfully it was there.

It's just crazy to see how much of a better place I'm in emotionally than I was last year. I got a little choked up walking the streets of Knoxville today when I realized how lucky I am and how far I've come from being held down from a toxic lifestyle.

13. Kiana

This is amazing! Those first few weeks are the hardest where ur trying to adjust ur body to it. That's huge progress and you're super strong for getting there!

MegaButterfree likes this.
  14. MegaButterfree

Regular

Thank you!! :-)

15. h8bit May 31, 2017
    (Last edited: May 31, 2017)
    h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Just wanted to check back in here with my experience with Lexapro after a month. Generally, things have been a lot more positive! I kind of feel like I'm rediscovering myself. Problems are easier to manage and deal with and most importantly my feelings have a floor to them. I went to my parents for a week and my mom noticed a marked change in my overall attitude and behavior. Really hoping this trend continues.

AelNire, mad, SlappinCups and 3 others like this.
  16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Good for you! That's fantastic. I'm 2 months in and I couldn't be happier with how much it's helped. The ONLY downside I've experienced is that I'm a little more tired than usual, but overall..no complaints.

AelNire and h8bit like this.
  17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Do it up Joe!

Joe4th likes this.
  18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I don't really know any other appropriate forum. Has anyone ever dealt with a disease with no cure? I was just diagnosed with MS and it's kind of a mental roller coaster. Some days I feel like it's no big deal and other days I feel like it's the end of the world haha. What kind of things do you do to stay positive when things like that loom over you?

19. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

I've never dealt with this, but sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hang in there!

20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! I mean, it really could be worse, I have a fairly mild case this far compared to some. I'm hangin!

SlappinCups likes this.
  21. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm glad I have another appointment tonight. I'm pretty wound up about stuff

22. Kiana

My anxiety is ridic. It's over the most mundane stuff. I text my hair person what I want for my next appt. Only I lost her phone number when i got a new phone so i had to get it from their website and my anxiety is certain that I'm texting the wrong number whhhy is this a thing

lightning13 likes this.
  23. Kiana

Negative thing: My bff got back together with abusive loser ex-bf. I just moved out and she said she's probably going to move in with him and he's really turned it around. I'm very cynical. I've been in her shoes so I'm just trying to be supportive so she knows I'm here if/when she needs me to be. I know it's all I can really do since she knows my feelings about him, but it def doesn't feel like enough.

Positive thing: I moved today! I still have to unpack like everything but I already feel much better mentally. It confirmed that I'm an apartment person. I've been living in a house for the last 2.5 years and I didn't like it. I was always paranoid and on edge. It's comforting to hear those light footsteps and muffled voices occasionally. It's safe and comforting and I didn't even realize I missed it. I don't like to actually interact with others but I like the activity around me.

gonz (Alex) and bigmike like this.
  24. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

I've spoken ad nauseam about my move to Maryland and the hang ups, nerves, detours, etc. But last night I final got the final green light. Put in my new Y Pipe, my car purrs now instead of screaming in agony. New tires, she's happy to dance for me. The mileage driving down will be beautiful (literally maybe a full tank and a quarter tops to make it). Oil change today, and surprisingly so... my Mom who was our biggest detractor is paying for the more expensive high mileage oil change (late bday gift). Girl is excited, I'm excited. We're all happy and in the good realm of feelings and just so eager for our future. Super nice feeling. :blush:

Aiming to drive down either Saturday night going into Sunday morning or Tuesday bleeding into Wednesday (if later it'd be for my brother having his court case).

bigmike, cybele and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Depending on where you live there might be support groups you can attend for people in similar situations. I don't know if that's something you'd be in to.
    If not I'm sure there are also online communities of people with MS or similar conditions where people would have good advice on how to stay positive.
    Sorry this is super basic advice. Hope you find the support you need.