Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 106

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. MereReplication

Recently started mirtazapine for anxiety (and sleeplessness) and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

2. Finally seeing my psychiatrist again after few weeks off, and I'm taking my meds regularly at the same hour every day. That's one small step, but I'm optimistic. I will get through all my shit and my life will be better for it. Thanks everyone for your support, it means so much to me.

cherrywaves, Shakriel and SlappinCups like this.
  3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not a fan of trazadone. Literally makes me feel like I'm gonna pass out, like light-headed not even tired.

4. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I swear... I need to set up a hug club at work or something. I'm tired of needing a hug and not having anyone to go to.

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

I feel like I have nothing to offer quite a bit, and I have never looked at it from this perspective. Thanks for sharing this!

6. Whenever any of my friends takes a long time to respond to my messages, I know they're busy with their own lives, but I can't stop myself from thinking, over and over and over, "Do I just not matter to you?" It's the shittiest feeling because I know they don't mean to hurt me or even have any idea that I'm doing that to myself.

Also, it's National Poetry Month, so for once I'm trying the poem-a-day thing, and I was considering sharing the rough drafts on Facebook, but they all turned out to be deeply personal and about one person in particular so far, and, to be honest, not all that great, haha.

7. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I totally get that messaging thing. When it really gets to me is when we're hanging out and they're responding to every text they get like immediately, even in the middle of talking to me, but they can't do that for me. Sigh.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I'm seeing a new psychologist this week. I'm pretty excited as she uses Jungian techniques. I've also haven't seen a psychologist in years. So it'll be nice to be able to have a more in depth discussion.

I'm trying to think if I should tell her about my rock opera yet or wait til she witnesses my madness first

lish likes this.
  9. lish

I had an appointment with a bariatric psychologist today, but she called in sick and I was going to have to reschedule anyways.

She was booked two months out... I need to find someone sooner. I need to deal with my life.

10. lish

And now I'm wanting to just be absolutely done with today. My mom sent me a picture of my sister and her baby bump and I want to go vomit from how stressed and terrified I am for her and the baby.

11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I took it for a month with the same complaints. I hated it even more than I hate seroquel.

Jacob likes this.
  12. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

trazodone works for me, but it still freaks me out to take it and feel tired

Jacob likes this.
  13. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

i've had some bad experiences with it. staying away from it for now.

14. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Been thinking I should go back to therapy soon. I don't have any sort of health insurance though and I'm not sure if I can afford it just paying it out of pocket.

My depression and anxiety were really bad for awhile. I quit drinking, and smoking, started going to the gym. Which seems to have helped some. My drinking and drug use definitely made everything worse. My job isn't the best for someone with anxiety either considering how stressful it is. I've ruined several relationships, including one with the only girl I've really felt anything for in the past five years. I've been sober for 46 days now. Still feel like I should go see someone, try to get help and better myself. Try to understand my depression more. Try to find out if it's a situational thing or if my brain is just wired that way.

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

back to working on music for the first time since i had to get clean. man it feels good. i was avoiding it for a few reasons, the main one being that i composed and arranged a lot of the EP im working on in a really bad state of mind, whether it was while i was high or while i was on one of my "off days," it just brought up a lot of bad memories from february but now that ive got my hands on them again i feel like im taking control of this mistake (the relapse) once and for all and triumphing over it. idk. just feels good to be back to doing what i love doing and my fear of sending myself back to a bad spot was stopping me, but i no longer have that fear and feel like i can move past this relapse now that ive brought myself to work on this music again

16. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

I need to buy some recording equipment and work on some music again too. It's been forever since I've written anything.

sophos34 likes this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i forgot that i used it as an outlet before because the last time i recorded and wrote i was using. ugh. i always almost let that shit take away what i love most....at the end of my initial h addiction run i hadnt touched any music in months and had no desire to. at least that didnt happen this time, but this time it made me almost not wanna go back to making music.

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm trying really hard to overcome this feeling that I have to help everyone 24/7 and that it's ok to say no. I neglect myself and end up where I am now which is not so good. I'm super fucking hard on myself and I realize it, I just don't know how to change it. I'm annoyed with the people around me who act like I'm an asshole bc I don't drop what I'm doing and help fix their situation. There's not enough self care in the world to fix me rn. I'm just super frustrated and I don't sleep well as it is but it's worse when everything is pent up. Without some of the communities I'm a part of, I would be stir crazy.

19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

everyone on here seems to hate everything about me

that's really how i feel right now.

WHY is it so hard for people to say SORRY? Why?

20. I guess I'm not everyone then

21. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

thanks khiem :heart: i'm getting so frustrated about everything.

22. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Sorry to hear that. :(

It'd be silly to say I haven't noticed why you feel that way though, even given the limited threads I venture into on here.

Feel better! Fuck the haters. Or something.

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I've been feeling so much better about myself lately. so much so that I'm looking back and wondering why and how I ever hated myself so much. hoping this isn't just a temporary high but is a new pattern of thinking for me.

24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Luv u
    [​IMG]

25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

thank you, you too. i just needed to vent and that made me feel better. i'm so sorry you have to see my angry posts lakdjflkads same to you @AelNire

AelNire likes this.