Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 89

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PauLo

43% Burnt

Of course Palace have beaten Man City, drawn against Cardiff, lost against a poor Chelsea team then beat Wolves in the space of 12 days. It’s the Palace way.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  2. StevenW92

Regular

Not overly keen on Steve Bruce but I do feel he’ll have the knowledge of the league that Lukuhay and Carvalhal lacked. We’ve needed to strengthen the exact same positions ever since Bruce’s Hull side beat us in the play off final. He tends to value power and pace, both of which we desperately lack.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Ramsey has signed a pre-contract with Juve, going to have to snag that kit for next season.

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. It sounds like Eriksen really wants Barca. I’d imagine they want him too so it’ll probably happen in the summer. If they go a different direction then I think Eriksen will stay. Fingers crossed.

5. jbaseball44

Saw a report he only earns 70k a week right now. That’s absurd.

6. Yeah it’s crazy lol

They’ve offered him a new deal that’s apparently double that. I think he’s happy at Spurs but obviously Barca would be an incredible opportunity for him. If Barca pay up for him then he’ll go. Otherwise I think he takes the extension with Spurs.

7. jbaseball44

That wage structure is going to be a big issue for them, fair play if they do manage to keep their top talents but when other clubs can offer 200k plus easy its damn near impossible. Is this the summer that Alderweireld's release clause comes into play to?

8. I think the wage structure is a little overblown. I’ve been hearing that for the past 3 years. Yet our guys keep resigning. Everyone except Eriksen and Toby have recently signed new deals with significant raises. Toby’s clause comes into play this summer and there’s a good chance he leaves. But I could also see him taking a new deal. We reportedly offered him 150/wk last summer but he was demanding 180/wk. That is not a huge difference but Levy is a stubborn man. If he leaves it’ll hurt but we have quality behind him.

Eriksen would be a much bigger loss with the squad as is. But I’d imagine they bring in someone to replace him. I think Isco is a realistic replacement if he actually leaves Madrid. Poch is a big fan of his and we were close to signing him a couple years ago.

9. jbaseball44

Wage structure will become an issue if a big player like an Eriksen leaves and they dont replace properly/win things, then that'll lead to others doing the same. It's a tough balancing act that they've gotten really right so far. No idea what will happen with Isco, he seems to want to go and never go every window. Thought maybe Chelsea if Hazard goes the other way but seems doubtful now.

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I really do not want to lose Eriksen

11. jbaseball44

12. jbaseball44

is Sane playing LWB tonight?

13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Oh my, Mane needed juuuust bit more luck on that shot.

And holy sh*t that clearance by Stones wow

14. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

15. jbaseball44

missed the goal from Aguero watching Cazorla score a gorgeous goal against Real

16. If City pulls off this win it’s gonna make that Wolves loss hurt so much more lol

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Alisson is incredible

18. Thank you City for giving me more false hope

19. T.J.

music and baseball.

Man City with the win! :)

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

What a game. The title race is on.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

22. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Bastard city. Suppose that tightens things back up.

Really close match. I don't know how Liverpool didn't manage to pinch a second. Multiple times the ball broke loose in the city goalmouth and it just wouldn't go in.

23. If they’re banned from CL that just means they’ll be more rested for leagues games. Which would give them an advantage, no?

24. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Fernandinho was brilliant tonight. Do Liverpool always bypass the midfield?

25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

If Barca were to sign Eriksen and Rabiot,

Coutinho, Suarez, Messi, Dembele, Rakitic, Busquets, Arthur, Vidal, D. Suarez... five of them don’t play. That’s insane, but would be much needed depth.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.