Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 8

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I mean, I don’t necessarily disagree. The window will probably be a disappointment but that’s life of a Spurs fan. Disappointment. But at the same time I’m not too worried. As much as I hate this saying, Lucas will feel like a new signing. He didn’t play a lot after we bought him in the January window which was expected based on how Poch said he would bring him into the squad. The small sample size was good though and I’m excited to see what he can do.

Keeping Lamela was another big move imo. He’s finally healthy again and he looked very good at the end of last season. He’s one of my favorite players and he’s underrated by a lot of fans.

2. GBlades

Trusted

Pulisic would be such a fantastic signing for any team.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Lamela is one of those players that he gets a fully fit season could absolutely break out in a big way. I expect him to really smash it this season.

4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I feel like everyone says this about Lamela every season and then he picks up another long term injury.

Nick and Big Un like this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Wilshere, Diaby, Carroll, there's a lot of these players tbf.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  6. I thought Gelson Martins had signed with Atletico but apparently it was never official. Now seeing a lot about him signing with Wolves. That’d be kinda crazy.

7. KrisArronNev

Trusted

9177d80-1.jpg

Bants.

orangehorizon likes this.
  8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It’s gonna suck when he goes to Liverpool.

9. KrisArronNev Jul 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2018)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Wolves are getting it done rn. They are after Adama Traore from Boro, too. Kinds scared they will tear us to shreds in that opening game of the season.

10. GBlades

Trusted

As a Man Utd fan, this will definitely suck. He's such a prospect, I'm just hoping the right team pick him up and let him grow and don't bench him like many many players that come to the UK.

11. Garrett

That’s part of why I’m okay with Liverpool in theory because Koop trusted Christian as a child so I don’t think he’d bring him there to ride the bench.

12. GBlades

Trusted

I suppose, I'd be happy to see him play in the Premier League regardless. For someone that's only 19 he has such high honours and prospect that he's just exciting to watch play.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Pulisic won't leave Dortmund until his contract is up imo.

14. Malcom to Roma

15. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

meeting erdogan is a ridiculous abdication of personal responsibility, it's naive at best but what's even more naive is the idea that this criticism of ozil only began with his meeting erdogan. people of all persuasions have been saying for years that he's too lazy and doesn't sacrifice enough for the german cause - a coded and football-coated way to say look this muslim son of immigrants doesn't believe in hard work or the german way of life.

16. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Ian Darke saying Pulisic to Real Madrid. Not just yet in his career but yes please in the future.

17. orangehorizon

Trusted

I never said he was only criticized after the Erdogan meeting. But to say everyone who criticized him because of his body language has actually some racist agenda against him is ridiculous. He is a player that gets lost easily when the whole team does not perform well. He is not one that can turn things around in such situations. It's just his personality, he's just that type of player. But it is something that people criticize and rightfully so. It has nothing to do with his roots or religion. It's also something that Arsenal fans criticize.
    And then there have always been some idiots who criticized him for stupid things like not singing the national anthem. Their motive is definitely racism, but they are a small minority. The meeting with Erdogan was in their eyes only more proof for their stupid beliefs.

Özil should have explained himself shortly after the meeting (just like Gündogan did), instead he kept quiet which only made people more angry. And the DFB should have excluded him and Gündogan from the World Cup squad anyway. They completely underestimated the whole thing.

So everyone fucked up but Özil now plays the victim and blames everyone and anyone but himself. He does not realize his own faults which started the whole thing.

18. KrisArronNev Jul 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2018)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Hold up! Wait a minute! Barca have come in and knocked Roma off their perch.

19. Thierry Henry to manage Aston Villa???

20. GBlades

Trusted

That's a surprise. Excited if true but wow.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The Malcom news is mad. Straight up FM style swoop

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. GBlades

Trusted

It's always an exciting window when the World Cup has happened because players are scouted all over the place. I'd be gutted to lost Boyata though.

23. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I wonder where my boy Steve Bruce would go if that's true.

24. Garrett

I think I’m pleasantly surprised and content with Barca’s signings this summer. Valverde needs to get better at squad rotation this year, though.

25. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Subbin'

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.