Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 74

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

And just like that Mark Hughes has been sacked by Southampton.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hahahahaha it says a lot when a manager gets sacked after failing to pick up 3 points against us.

orangehorizon and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Feels like the wrong guy has lost his job after that match...

RobbieBerns likes this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

You're right.

We won't sack Mourinho until we've mathematicically missed out on top 4. Same mistake as Moyes and LVG.

5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Mark Hughes the first manager to be sacked twice in the same calendar year lmao. Woeful.

Nick and awakeohsleeper like this.
    PandaBear! likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

cryates and JeanRalphio like this.
  8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

First time in 10 years it's not gone to Messi or CR7. Happy for him :clap:

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The award is kinda meaningless when Messi came in fifth with far better stats (goals, assists) and more trophies than the players in front of him. But at the same time, Modric is incredible and wonderful and absolutely deserving and is a top 5 player in the world...even if (admitted biased bae) Rakitic was more important during the knockout stages for Croatia than he was.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. Bobby

Trusted

I feel ya but it seems like the success in the Champions league has somehow played a factor in the decision to select Modric over Rakitic/Messi and perhaps others.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  11. Bobby

Trusted

As a Dortmund fan, I don't understand why people are acting as if the apocalypse has happened in Munich lol Like of course Bayern are expected to win the league year in, year out but don't people realize that it is still technically early enough for that to happen again? But even if that doesn't happen, I don't think it's likely that they will miss out on top 4.

I'm also just trying to be cautious because Dortmund were flying high at one point early last year and things turned south quickly. But to me that also makes the game worth following and a club worth supporting. There is plenty of reason to be impassioned with support for your team despite where they may be in the table without having a melt-down.

orangehorizon likes this.
  12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Oh, for sure. It’s been the best player at the World Cup/CL for quite some time

Bobby likes this.
  13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Watched about 60 minutes of the city game but missed all three goals in real time.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What in the ever loving fuck is that United team.

Whatever I'm done. We're going to lose.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

JeanRalphio and cryates like this.
  16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oof De Gea why do you have to do me like that

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Arsenal fell asleep. Scrappy goal

Offside too.

18. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Lol what is defence?

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Picking up a plucky point at home to Arsenal. Well in lads, well done

20. And just like that Spurs are back in 3rd. I hope our fans are ok now.

Joe4th likes this.
  21. North London was red for two days

22. orangehorizon

Trusted

Late reply but anyways...
    That's the price we have to pay for the treble and everything that followed. Now people (and especially new fans) expect that we win the treble every other year. Which is pretty stupid when only once in the 55-year-history of the Bundesliga a German team won the treble. And Real Madrid never even won it once.
    Since 2013 Bayern has always been one of the favorites to win any of the 3 competitions we're taking part in, that's logical. But that doesn't mean that when we don't win all 3 titles that it is a failure. That's just stupid, but many people and the media expected just that. There are quite a few people that think Peps tenure at Bayern was a failure because he didn't win the CL, when in reality it was probably the most dominant years in our history. The expectations are now set so high that you just cannot fulfill them.

Exactly. But unfortunately most new Bayern fans don't even know the feeling of being second in the Bundesliga, let alone maybe not even make the CL. I knew that this season would be much more exciting giving our new coach and BVB hiring Favre. I actually expected a close race between both clubs this time. But then we unexpectedly had a great start and everyone thought it would be like in previous years. And now that we had a string of bad games everything is questioned.

I believe we just have to make sure that the 9 point gap does not increase until the winter break and then everything is possible. Dortmund has a streak right now, they even win games when they don't play all too well. But with the winter break this might change and then the title race will be as exciting as it gets. Pretty much how everyone including most Bayern fans hoped after the dominant last years.

Nick likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

@orangehorizon what did you think of the protest or whatever it was about the navy shorts?

I wish United fans did something similar about the black shorts and red socks we have at home.

24. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

Screenshot_20181208-092352_Chrome.jpg

25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Lmao c'mon, he posted that on September 1st, why are we going back 3 months and 30 pages of posts for a "gotcha" moment?!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.