Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 716

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. JM95

Trusted

After the first goal, Everton haven't competed.

2. another much needed 3 points!

3. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Lingard gonna score tonight. C'mon lad.

4. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Clear as day handball not given and ended up resulting in a free kick against the team that committed it. How is someone not in the refs ear saying stop this shit, that needs overturning.

It led to nothing, but it's infuriating

5. Platy

Sam

West Ham in the Champions League?

Gianni28 likes this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Just watched the Lingard goal. I have to applaud the Leeds defender for pointing at the ball like he got anywhere near it in an attempt to fool the ref.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Nick likes this.
  8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So who’s taking over at Liverpool? ;-p

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Didn't a Liverpool legend just break a Scottish monopoly?

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

Somehow, this was a goal on a first touch shot lmao

Gianni28, Joe4th and gonz (Alex) like this.
  11. Bobby

Trusted

What an observation. Somehow I completely missed that.

MrCon likes this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

With the constant feeling that football is changing, and not for the better, this was actually a nice read. Some great facts in there, like Nuno donating £250,000 to the local area, Spurs donating £100,000 to the NHS, and Arsenal making £500,000 meals for those in need.

Clubs should be a bigger part of their communities.

[​IMG]

13. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Looks like Juve are going out. Porto's goalkeeper is having a blinder.

14. KrisArronNev

Trusted

I spoke far too soon. Juve have scored and Porto have gone down to 10 men since my post.

Bobby likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Haaland us just unreal. If he comes to City they could dominate for years.

Bobby likes this.
  16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I hope Porto pulls this off somehow.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

These last few minutes omg

Incredible job Porto.

Bobby likes this.
  18. Platy

Sam

So am I right in saying that Juventus won, drew, and lost their game last night?

That makes sense I guess

Joe4th, JM95, Garrett and 2 others like this.
  19. JM95

Trusted

All round one of the best Liverpool performances I've ever seen. Casillas literally came off in tears that night.

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

This is kinda from nowhere. Is this us basically hiring a DoF, splitting the job and calling it something else?

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Pretty much. Seems we’re splitting the role reducing the duties of both just to placate fans lol

Murtough is an internal appointment, been with us for years. Actually seems he’s directly reporting into Ed now.

22. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Matt Judge has been sorta demoted too, to being "Head of Negotiation" and reporting to Murtough. Feels like the typical United way of doing things though - hiring from within and basically just having a mini shake up, rather than hiring someone experienced to come in and make big changes.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah it does, but sure it might work. At least the structure is a bit more football orientated than it was, which is a good thing. Murtough seemingly has a good CV and was heavily involved in the Mejbri signing. Judge had no real right being involved in footballing decisions in the first place, so him being somewhat removed from that aspect is good news to me.

hopefully we can actually fucking sign Sancho now. We would be set on the right if James can keep up his form and we managed to get Sancho in. As much as centre forward is an issue we’re still heavily lopsided and lacking someone who can perform on the right.

24. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Totally agree. Doing anything is better than doing nothing. Our scouting and recruitment has been miles better recently, so putting a formal structure in place to better support it has got to be a good thing.

Glad they've done it now too, rather than waiting till July or some shit. Hopefully everything can be in place ready to hit the ground running soon as the window opens.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

god I fucking hate united "fans"

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.