Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 659

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. KrisArronNev

Trusted

DCL!

2. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Reckon DCL will pick back up again now players are coming back around him?

3. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Yeah, he should do. Nothing to stop him but himself now really.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  4. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Richarlison! Delighted with how dangerous we look from corners.

5. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Mina! That's enough lads, don't embarrass them.

6. StevenW92

Regular

As dreadful as the football has been for the past season and half, we were at least good at defending set pieces. Our lads, particularly the youngsters in defence, have been shown their level today. Everton are a top team. Just hope the confidence doesn’t take too much of a knock before Coventry in midweek.

7. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Looks like Lampard is finally going

8. whoa!

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

They must have someone lined up. Tuchel?

10. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

That's what it's looking like. He'll get them playing some good stuff I bet.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s an odd one really. He hasn’t been doing great, but they’re 5 points off top 4 and still in the FA cup and CL. But the money they spent in the summer was always a stone around his neck.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  12. He has pretty clearly mismanaged the squad imo. I don't think he has set up a handful of their players to succeed. Werner especially comes to mind. I will never understand playing him out wide as much as Lampard did.

RobbieBerns, phaynes12 and Joe4th like this.
  13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I mean Werner and Havertz are still in their first seasons in the league. There's a lot of players through the years that have struggled in their first year.

14. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Doesn't help that Werner has forgotten how to play football either. Even out on the wing, he could be in double digits for the season if he'd finished half the chances he got.

Lampard was out of his depth, but lot of things out of his control too.

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. Tuchel's wiki page is already under attack lol

"On the 18th April 2022, Tuchel was sacked by Chelsea FC after being in the relegation zone on the lowest points total ever. He was then replaced by Sam Allardyce."

17. PandaBear! Jan 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2021)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

This :up:

Werner has played on the left wing plenty of times at RB Leipzig and still got goals, he is just clearly having a tough time which is hurting him mentally.

Frank Lampard had been a manager for ONE season before they hired him lol. And getting top 4 and an FA cup final in his first PL season (plus playoff final the year before) was good enough. What did the board honestly think was gonna happen? That he'd learn on the job but somehow make the right decision every time and have them challenging Klopp and Pep?

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah Werner just being shit in front of goal hasn’t helped. But honestly, what did Chelsea expect? At least Ole had years of experience in Norway and a year at Cardiff. He never should have gotten the job, but he also doesn’t deserve the sack now.

They were briefly top less than two months ago. It shows just how quickly things can change.

RobbieBerns and PandaBear! like this.

19. Officially official

20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I thought they'd word is as a "mutual agreement" even if we all know it's a sacking.

21. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

It's not super surprising given the flippant nature they have with their managers.

This is truly mental.

I give Tuchel a year and a half.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Lampard's Chelsea sacking: Tension with Marina, unhappy players and secret job offers

"The calls to Germany started, with former Leipzig coach Rangnick offered the role until the end of the season, the idea being that he moved into a different role at that point. He turned them down due to the short length of the deal.

The hierarchy were determined to bring in a German speaker to bring out the best in Werner and Havertz, talking to former PSG manager Tuchel too and hitting a brick wall in initial discussions with Leipzig about Nagelsmann.

Tuchel was reluctant to come midway through the season initially but was eventually persuaded, having almost taken the Stamford Bridge job before Antonio Conte a few years ago. He felt it was too good a job to turn down. Lampard’s time was up."

Also talks about how hard he kept pushing to sign Declan Rice back and how annoyed they got with him for asking so many times lol

"I know of players who weren’t in the team that didn’t hear from him for many months. That’s very frustrating for a player because you don’t know what you have to do to do better, what the manager is thinking. It’s crazy."

"One player told The Athletic that Lampard staying on for the rest of the season would have been a “catastrophe”, with the levels of tension in the dressing room too high to recover from and players comparing his criticism of performances to Jose Mourinho in his final days at the club."

Yeesh

orangehorizon likes this.
  24. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Welp, all I can say is poor Mason Mount.

Nick likes this.
  25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Tbf the obsession with Declan Rice always seemed a little strange.

Nick likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.