Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 655

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Gianni

Trusted

Well, fuck.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

:eyes:

3. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Fair play Burnley.

Gianni28 likes this.
  4. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Can't wait for Klopps meltdown

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What a hilarious way to lose their home record. Especially after his moaning about our penalties.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  6. JM95

Trusted

Played into Burnley's hands for pretty much the entire game. Could tell very quickly we weren't doing the right things and we never learnt our lesson.

They played for their one chance and they took it.

Gianni28 and Zoshchenko like this.
  7. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Yeah I thought that too. From what I saw, it reminded me of a lot of United games over the last few years. Within 20 minutes you can just tell how the game is going to be, and that you could play all night and still not score. Very frustrating as a fan.

8. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

In FPL, if you had the budget to bring in any City defender, who would you pick? I'm conflicted.

9. Dias for me

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Cancelo 100%

11. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I'm leaning Dias as I'd say he's more nailed. But who knows.

Big Un and Bobby like this.
  12. Gianni

Trusted

Cancelo

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Atletico beat Eibar 2-1, but the story of the game was Eibar's goalkeeper opening the scoring with a 10th minute penalty, for reasons that seemingly passed me by. He also didn't seem bothered by it all.

14. Bobby

Trusted

Mendy for sure

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

You know I am still absolutely shocked by Cavani. He was a panic signing, definitely. But I just assumed he’d come in and just collect his pay check and put in the bare minimum like most of our “big” name signings recently. Most just saw it as a pay day. But the effort he puts in on the pitch is something else. Whether that’s working back or constantly talking with the rest of the players. His mentality is fucking huge for the team.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

His mentality and workrate has always been elite, one of the best strikers of the past decade for sure. Him, Lavezzi & Hamsik at Napoli was such a cool attack.

18. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Worried that this is going to have a huge impact for Arsenal. Looks quality every time I've seen him, totally passes the eye test, and is exactly what Arsenal need. Dammit.

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah, but when you've been burned so many times you start to second guess players.

I remember loving Palermo a decade ago. Him, Miccoli, Pastore, Kjaer, and Abel Hernandez were great for them. They were my go to fifa side in Fifa 2010.

PandaBear! likes this.
  20. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

EIGHT CONSECUTIVE AWAY GAMES. That’s absurd.

21. KrisArronNev

Trusted

I've got Dias and Stones but this is what I'd suggest. Don't chase previous weeks points.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  22. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Yeah I've gone with Dias. I still don't trust Stones to not drop form or be rotated. Their defence totally changed once Dias arrived, and Pep has shown that his proper game changers (De Brunye mainly) don't get rotated as often. I'd be too worried with anyone else.

23. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Well this came out of absolutely nowhere :crylaugh:. Im happy though - Runarsson has been a disaster.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Seems Rojo might finally be off to Boca.

25. oh ok

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.