Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 653

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

And us I suspect. We’re going to be offloading Laca in the summer so he’ll be first choice.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Also there is something really endearing about the fact Son’s family is this normal lol

3. Gianni

Trusted

Anyone notice that West Ham is sitting in 7th right now, and only 2 points behind Liverpool? (Albeit with one extra game played)

Last year they were in a relegation battle. Good friend of mine is a massive Hammers fan so I've gotta say I'm happy that they're having such a nice season thus far. I also think that getting Sebastien Haller out of there was a necessary move for them.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

hate west ham so so much and I'm annoyed they aren't in the relegation spots.

Joe4th and Big Un like this.
  5. Gianni

Trusted

Lol solid point - as a newer fan they seem harder to hate just because they aren't usually any good....

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

until your team concedes and they start fucking blowing bubbles everywhere

7. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

I have to admit, the amount of times I've tried to get to Stratford Int'l but had to sit the whole journey because the train has been packed with West Ham fans has soured me a little bit but I have quite enjoyed this Moyes renaissance - Just because he actually seems like quite a good egg?

From his Wiki:

"In April 2020, during the Covid-19 pandemic, Moyes accepted a 30% cut to his salary as West Ham looked to retain jobs allowing them to pay 100% of non-playing staff salaries. He left London during the pandemic and worked in his home village in Lancashire delivering fruit and vegetables to those in need."

SamLevi11 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked the response from Hasenhuttl about this lol

9. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I get where you're coming from, but he missed out on his chance with a big club by some terrible injury problems at Liverpool and as much as Southampton gave him the chance to get match fit and get his career back on track, he's delivered big time for them. 29 goals in 51 appearances since the permanent signing. It's not like they've had to wait for ages for him to start paying back the good faith.

At 28 (and with a history of being a bit brittle), he maybe doesn't have much time to play for a team who regularly performs in Europe. I don't think anyone should really begrudge him fancying his chances.

10. Platy

Sam

The owners of West Ham make them an even easier club to hate too.

11. Gianni

Trusted

Yeah my buddy that's a fan hates the ownership as well....

This is a great example of how me being a more recent convert to the Prem league makes me seem somewhat clueless knowledge-wise. :-|>-p

12. The midfield of Wilshere - Noble was the most West Ham thing ever

13. KrisArronNev

Trusted

I must say, West Ham have done some great business buying Coufal and Soucek for relative peanuts. Coufal has to be up there with the best RBs in the league this season.

awakeohsleeper and PandaBear! like this.
  14. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

How many damn chances are we going to blow today? Watch us draw this damn match.

JM95 likes this.
  15. JM95

Trusted

This is a great game. No idea how neither side have scored.

16. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! Bernado!

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

City really have found their form

18. Bobby

Trusted

City definitely deserved goals that match, but that Bernardo goal probably should have been called for offside, right?

19. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Man really getting our defensive line figured out at the start of the season has allowed us to get into this great run of form. The signing of Dias this summer, Stones coming out of the woods, and Cancelo just going off has really been key to this season.

20. JM95

Trusted

Man United looking well prepared against Fulham's pace in attack...

21. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Can't help but feel Lookman is one that got away.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Uh how is that not a penalty?? and he books Pogba down the other end? :crylaugh:

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Bruno is so so SO FUCKING GOOD.

estacey99 likes this.
  24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fulham getting free kicks for fouling our players :crylaugh:

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Was just about to say clearly Pogba has gotten his move sorted cause he’s been awful. What a goal.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.