Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 645

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Why is Barnes allowed jump at the ball like he’s jumping into a ruck?

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Haha I was already typing my message when it said yours had been added so I didn’t see it until after

MrCon likes this.
  3. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I'm glad someone else is enjoying the refereeing tonight.

4. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Godfrey got penalised for being the stronger man. The refs are a joke, man.

orangehorizon likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

If our goal was disallowed why wasn’t that a penalty? I swear to god I don’t understand referees.

6. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

United really need to score while they're on top.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

:seeno:

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  8. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Pogba is really proving me wrong. I wanted him banished from the first team after his agents comments haha.

9. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Deserved!

I understand why Burnley have to play like this against top teams, but christ do I wish 10 behind the ball catenaccio Brexit hoof ball got in the bin. Never enjoyed a single Burnley game I've ever watched.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The worst part is they have a reputation for being “hard men” but they go down so easily.

11. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Gotta be a concussion sub there? They're allowed to do it now aren't they?

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If Newcastle and Burnley get relegated, maybe teams will stop thinking they can bore everyone to death every weekend, show absolutely zero ambition, and still survive.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

United on top. This season is mad.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Added time was incredibly odd in the game tonight. There Brady/Shaw VAR check took 6 minutes to sort, but the ref added 4 minutes on and blew up after the 4 minutes. Then 4 minutes added at the end of the game but he played 7?

15. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Watched after recording it and can’t believe they pulled the play all the way back to give Shaw the card. I didn’t really see an issue on Magauire header. All in all though top of table ole at the wheel tell me how does it feel

16. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Cant speak for Pool fans, but this is the biggest game between these sides in what feels like more than a decade.

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

-softly- don’t get my hopes up

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’ll be a fun two years until Raiola decides he wants Haaland at Real.

Garrett likes this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve thought for a while that he would be a perfect fit at Barcelona. Hope this happens.

Garrett likes this.
  20. orangehorizon

Trusted

Did the English FA actually respond to the comments made by the Uruguayan FA and CONMEBOL? Or did they just pretend they did the right thing with the ban?

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

They doubled down and blamed the club for not giving him a social media training course.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Which should probably happen to be fair, regardless of if this is right or wrong.

I also find it a little hard to believe he wouldn’t know not to say what he said, considering he has been in Europe so long and saw what happened to Suarez.

23. orangehorizon

Trusted

So you mean he should change the way they speak in Latin America just because people that don't speak the language and don't have a clue about the culture don't feel offended?

I agree that he should have gotten some kind of media training but he should still be able to speak to his countrymen the way they do. It's really none of the FAs business and it's actually pretty xenophobic in itself to ban him for that.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Exclusive: Man City accused of creating fake job for young Brazilian player's dad

awakeohsleeper and orangehorizon like this.
  25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That’s not really shocking. I’d say most top teams have done something similar.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.