Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 644

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Is it happening?!

2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Pretty sure we gave Derby most of their points in their record season. Guess we're just making it fair.

Not sure how Sharp is on after that one. Nice little cynical planting of the studs in the ankle there...

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Remember Newcastle giving Derby their only win? They’re going to do it again...

4. MrCon

Am I invisible? :crylaugh:

Nick likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The lack of brain cells between Fraser and whoever gave away the penalty is astonishing. Why do you do that on a booking? Why do you swipe the ball away with your hand, even if you’re being fouled?

MrCon likes this.
  6. MrCon

Looking at Schar attempting an ice hockey challenge there, I think some of these guys have more studs on their feet than IQ points. He's going to get himself sent off.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I’d kinda love if Sheffield United went on a mad run and stayed up now.

It’s bonkers. Like I get they get wound up in the moment but some players are just seriously stupid on the pitch.

MrCon likes this.
  8. MrCon

Amazing comment from the pundit in grey.

"Darlow had a great game. Made loads of saves."

Sheffield United had 4 shots on target. Clown.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  9. MrCon

Man I'm pissed off with that. Newcastle were absolute arse. I really hope putting in that shit of a performance wakes the team up a bit. We've looked nowhere since November.

Really worked up about the referee as well. I don't think any one call was outrageously bad, but all three going as they did feels like some bullshit. I don't get the necessity of the Fraser red at all. He totally deserved the yellow for his first challenge, but the second one was like 2-3 minutes later and it was just a lazy leg out kind of thing.

The penalty is a handball, but given how crazy they'll go for details on penalties, I don't understand why Sharp isn't also committing a foul there. The shite challenge on Schar was just the icing on a big ol' shit of a cake.

Fuck football!

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Did Cavani serve his ban or was it overturned? I thought this was one of the games he was banned for

11. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Served it. Think the cups both contributed to it.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Ah. Thanks. Completely forgot about the Watford game.

Oh I also didn’t realise Pogba was starting. I have a feeling he’ll let us down.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh god it’s a Pogba/Matic midfield...

14. StevenW92

Regular

The winless season dream is over. Still got my fingers crossed for the record low points tally.

RobbieBerns and AFoolsGlory like this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Burnley are destroying us :crylaugh:

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

How can a referee give a yellow for that??? What a joke. One on one with the goalkeeper and cynically taken out with a knee high tackle and it’s a yellow?

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh my god they’re looking at Shaw winning the ball but not Brady completely ignoring the ball???

18. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Off ya pop lad. Bad foul that.

19. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Oh boy

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh my god they’re looking at Shaw winning the ball but not Brady completely ignoring the ball???

What an absolute fucking joke.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  21. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Bloody hell

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Gary Neville is blind. He has to be.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Also I did not know VAR could go back for non red card fouls. Why aren’t every single decision not checked using VAR then? That makes no sense at all that they can go back for a yellow card “offence”.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What the actual fuck ref? There was nothing wrong with that?

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We’re actually getting robbed here. What a fucking farce.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.