Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I don't think Barca need to sell to make roster space for South Americans anymore? Paulinho left, and Cout has gotten a Portuguese passport, so they still have space? Not that it changes the rumour, just the reasoning.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Yeah, it depends on when Coutinho’s passport stuff is finalized from what I’ve seen, too.

3. KrisArronNev Jul 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2018)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Well, I certainly feel like it has the potential to be special. Would you agree there?

I do remember last year. Steve Walsh, Ronald Koeman and Big Fat Sam - three tyrants that have set the club back years. Not sure how much we spent exactly but I know we overspent considerably. However, our hand was forced by the new environment at the club under Moshiri. Not sure if the youth team would have got anywhere near 8th but at least we gave a fuck in that department. Hopefully Marco Silva continues in the same vain as David Unsworth there.

As for your final question, I would much rather bet on a youth prospect like Richy than go down the route of another mediocre PL player i.e. Bolasie.

4. KrisArronNev Jul 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2018)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Barca are after Wague of Senegal, too. He looked really good, although somewhat raw, from what I saw of him at the WC.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

[​IMG]

Holy shit that's an insane amount of sponsors.

6. Garrett

Is that a Mexican club? Some of those kits down there are plastered in sponsors.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Austrian.

8. I’m kinda worried Spurs aren’t going to do any business this window. Shortening the window during a WC summer is so dumb.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

@ yanks. How shite has Rooney been?

11. I saw something about Newcastle bidding for Miguel Almiron. I’m curious if any clubs are also looking at Josef Martinez.

I hope neither guy leaves. They’re great for the league.

12. Also, a month later and I still don’t understand why United and Spurs don’t just swap Toby and Martial.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Because that's not even close to an even swap. Because we don't want to sell him. Because we don't want to sell him to a premium league team.

I mean there are a million reasons.

14. Garrett

15. United saying they don’t want to sell to a prem team but they want to buy Toby from Spurs? And at the rate players are being sold Toby is worth $50m plus. Look what VDV just went for. Martial might be worth a little more but saying “not even close” is wild. Toby plus a little extra cash isn’t a bad deal for either squad.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It's not close. It's not even close to being close. If you think that you're utterly blinkered. VDV went for that much on a 6 year contract. What Spurs want for Alderweireld is crazy, and no club will pay it.

17. KrisArronNev Jul 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2018)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Some Lille thoughts:

- Besic was the best player on the pitch. Lots of forward passing whilst playing in the pivot. Played wuth his hesd up and used both feet. Could be our most creative B team option. Needs to sort his discipline out tho.

- Kenny will be a fine backup for Coleman. Got forward a lot and linked up well with Klasseen, particularly during the second half.

- Klaassen was unlucky to have his goal chalked off. He had some good link up play and smart runs BUT he was far too weak and got bullied off the ball far too easily.

- Sandro hit the post, too. Like above, he was unlucky not to get the goal he desperately needs.

- Vlasic needs a loan move rn.

We play Porto tonight and that's the bigger game for Marco.

As for a Toby/Martial swap. Just lol. Didn't Toby struggle to get back into the Spurs team cause of Devison Sanchez or are people just forgetting that at this point.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Does anyone think the fact that the PL’s transfer window now closes before the season starts (9th August) but the rest of Europe remaining open, will result in anything interesting?

Stern John! He was my favourite Forest player for quite a bit! Haven’t heard that name for years!

19. Sheaver10

And what a way you won me over

Ozil going in on DFB

SamLevi11 and PandaBear! like this.
  20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So apparently we're in for Maguire...

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Chong and James Garner start. I wish chorus had a drool emoji

22. GBlades

Trusted

Karius making yet another blunder tonight, thankfully no goal from this one. He's gonna need counselling after all this.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

California must think it's City playing tonight. Stadium is empty.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Bailly somehow hit the crossbar from the line.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Our first defensive injury of the season! 7 minuted into the second game of preseason.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.