Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 59

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

In non prem news. Blackburn beat Leeds today putting us in the playoffs. Mowbray has done such a great job at Ewood since coming in. He’s put together a fairly strong squad that really gel well together on a fairly tight budget.

Realistically we probably won’t go up this season but if he can keep up the momentum that we’ve had so far we’re definitely going to finish in the top half, which is pretty great for a team that’s just come up.

2. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah definitely and he should receive some form of punishment for starting shit but Mou should know better too.

Nick likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah agreed. But tensions running high, can't really blame Mourinho, I would have done the same at that time.

Apparently it was Chelsea's assistant manager.

4. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah saying all that I’d prob react like too haha.

Nick likes this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I always wish he'd been given a solid run for Barcelona (especially during Suarez's fourteen game goal drought or whatever it was), so seeing this makes me super happy for him.

6. I’ve never seen a player more uncomfortable with the ball at his feet than Sissoko.

7. And just like that he has a beautiful assist haha

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Still pissed off about the game but all I can really say is why in the fuck does Morata start over Giroud?

9. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

At this point I’m convinced that Morata must have blackmail on someone high up the pecking order because he shouldve been dropped long, long ago

Nick likes this.
  10. orangehorizon

Trusted

Slightly off topic but I actually love these kind of incidents. For me it just shows the passion that everyone still has even if it is just some random staff guy.
    I can assure you that during the match harsh words are exchanged between both benches. And then when you score like that in injury time it is understandable that you run to the opposing bench with a "f*ck you - thats what you get for your shit talking".

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. orangehorizon

Trusted

Not only in the Bundesliga but his performance for Spain also was great. I don't think there is another striker that is as much on fire as he is right now.

Garrett L. likes this.
  12. One day refs won't be shit

13. Not sure what this is referring to but the ref in the Spurs game was absolutely terrible

14. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

The Messi injury basically dooms Spurs' UCL hopes.

15. Eh maybe. Barca is still good enough to run the table in that group.

16. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Deserved 2-0 win in the end. Marco Silva got his subs spot on. Wan-Bissaka did not deserve to be on the losing side.

orangehorizon likes this.
  17. Platy

Sam

Ozil's pass to Bellerin... wow.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  18. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Ozil wound back the years tonight. That 3rd goal was vintage Arsenal.

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

That third goal was beautiful and art

RobbieBerns likes this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

10 wins in a row for the first time since 2007 - well done Arsenal.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Irish football was a mistake.

22. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about
    [​IMG]

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

United u19s played Juve off the park today. Petulant little group of players that Juve side is. 4-1 final score with Juve finishing with 10 men for one of their lads hitting Josh Bohui in the face.

24. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

wow, no Zinchenko for City today. Wouldnt be surprised if this is the straw that breaks the camels back for him and he does indeed request a transfer in January

25. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Off to Wolves in January would be my bet.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.