Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 587

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. GBlades

Trusted

I hate being Scottish sometimes.

2. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Scotland's last World Cup song was literally just this one guy wishing them not to be terrible at the tournament.

They came bottom of their group and didn't win a match.

I really hope they can pull it out the bag tonight, just so they can try to fulfill Del Amitri's one wish.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Well done Scotland.

5. GBlades

Trusted

Now that I've calmed down. I mean, trust Scotland to do this when no-one can go to the games but what a performance these games have been and this team has put in. Lacking in most places but fierce in them all. C'mon Scotland! Lang may yer lum reek! 22 years, we're off our nut! It's a really simple win but its an amazing thing for out team and I believe its been deserved recently.

Ruethless likes this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Group F is unbelievable

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

8. orangehorizon

Trusted

He just mentioned in a podcast he does with his brother that he does not like those planned goal celebrations and he used Auba and Griezmann as examples. The fact that this even makes the news and people on social media go crazy about it is way worse than the remark itself.

And also, he is absolutely right. Planned celebrations are stupid. Guess that makes me a dick as well :-p

9. SamLevi11 Nov 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 13, 2020)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Well I mean, Kroos has history of being a little bit of a dick (look at his reaction and statements in the Ozil/DFB racism scandal).

Auba does those celebrations for his two children, so to say it makes him a "bad role model" is frankly astounding. Especially from a person who appears from videos currently circulating to refuse to wear a face mask in public. He has no right to say who is a good role model.

You can dislike the celebrations like you say you do, that's just a personal choice, but to say what he said is really stupid, and further proof he's a dickhead imo.

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Then again, footballer is a bit of a knob is hardly news, eh?

11. Platy

Sam

Is it an unwritten rule that England and Croatia have to play each other at international tournaments?

Ruethless, AFoolsGlory and MrCon like this.
  12. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Those Euro groups are interesting... How did Group F end up so stacked, while A-C look like they might be walk overs for the big names? I mean, once things get under way, it's never really that simple, but on paper it looks mad.

13. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Do you hate all planned celebrations? Even this hall of famer?

:crylaugh:

PandaBear! and SamLevi11 like this.
  14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This kid is so good man. I pray the rumours of him potentially coming to us is true.

15. orangehorizon

Trusted

He has every right to say that when he chats with his brother. It's not like he did this at a press conference.

And I'm pretty sure Auba does these things not only for his children. He is a huge diva that seeks the attention. Which is totally fine. But it's also totally fine that others don't like that attitude. It's really a non-story that should have never made it to the news, but here we are.

16. orangehorizon

Trusted

Ok, there are exceptions, that one was great.

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The saga of Gunnersaurus, much like many other great narratives such as Game of Thrones or The Bible, draws to an unsatisfactory ending here.

18. uh, ok lol

19. I think that match started like 1 minute late. That will cost you a match and 25k lol

20. JM95

Trusted

TV advertisers, innit.

21. Platy

Sam

22. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Sierra Leone just came from 4-0 down to draw 4-4 away to Nigeria. Madcap.

23. Ruethless

King of Europe

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Big Un likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.