Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I’m loyal to them of course, no matter how awful ownership is. Still trying to get out to a match soon in person.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  2. GBlades

Trusted

That's crazy haha. Aye, don't want him to start looking unfit when he is a proper prospect. Lustig is fine, but that's all he is. We at least need someone to take his place now and again.

okayibelieveyou likes this.
  3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Excited to see Gomes and Chong on the Manchester United US tour.

Nick likes this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

Both really exciting players and I really hope something comes of them in the coming seasons.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Wish I could watch the match tonight. Shame.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Mason Greenwood is one to watch out for too. Hope he gets a few minutes. Only 16 though. Scored at a goal a game rate in the u18's last year.

7. GBlades

Trusted

I just hope that none of these players are the next Freddy Adu or Martin Odegaard :crylaugh:

8. Sheaver10

And what a way you won me over

Just hope he manages to avoid a concussion.

ugman_2000 and Nick like this.
  9. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Yeah lots of youngsters on this tour which I find exciting. Was reading some speculation that with so many United players making it to the final weekend of the world cup could open up a couple spots for their opening league match.

10. KrisArronNev Jul 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2018)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Marco Silva has given Oumar Niasse the vote of confidence. Good news. He won't start but he will cause problems when coming on. Most of all, I like him because he gets his head down with a relatively low wage (as opposed to that Williams chump). In other news, the Daily Mail are reporting Vlasic to Toon on loan. That would be exciting, although I don't recall Rafa having a good track record with youth when running the RS academy into the ground. Oh, and RB Leipzig were at the Bury game for Lookman apparently but a clear mesaage was sent out by the club when he didnt even come on: fuck off.

Looking forward to the these next couple of weeks now. It seems Marco Silva has already seen things in the squad and Brands is behind the scenes doing even more.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Watched he highlights, god our kit is horrendous

williek311 likes this.
  12. Son signed a new deal through 2023

Yay

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Was so stoked to see this when I woke up

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My brain automatically read this as Cheech and Chong and I got so confused...

15. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Just love Son's chant.

16. Looks like Lamela is also signing a new deal

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Through 2022. I like it.

18. Lamela is so underrated because he missed a bunch of time due to injury. He brings a completely different style game than the rest of the midfielders. Very physical but also skillful with the ball. Easily one of my favorites.

19. KrisArronNev

Trusted

#welcomerichy

20. orangehorizon

Trusted

This is absolutely ridiculous if it's true for the price the media is reporting. English football has completely lost its mind. Clubs are making record signings for mediocre players every year.

I hope it all crashes down at some point.

21. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Right, right. On the surface, its a massive outlay but when you dig deeper I don't think it's as ridiculous as it seems. His age, Premier League experience, youth tournament experience and nationality all have to be taken into account. Yeah, English football has lost its mind but that's the environment now. There's nothing that can be done about it.

I'm interested in knowing why you think this signing in particular is mediocre, though. So get back to me on that.

22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I feel like the La Liga giants have made some interesting signings, but none of them splashy (as of yet). Feel like all could be solid...except maybe Vicinius.

Barcelona have signed Arthur and Llenglet.
    Atleti signed Rodrigo.
    Madrid signed Vicinius Jr and Odriozobla (or whathaveyou).

23. orangehorizon

Trusted

I don't think this signing in particular is special. But it just shows that the Premier League teams all have lost touch to common sense somehow. When you break your record signing fee every other year then you should question yourself and realize somethings wrong. And I know that there is so much money in English football right now. But this is no excuse. Do you remember last year? How much money did Everton spend? And what did happen? Had they played with half of their youth team they probably would have achieved exactly the same. But why would you bet on some youth player when you can just spend a fortune on some mediocre premier league player that had an above average season last year.

24. Alphonso Davies being rumored to Bayern is kinda crazy.

25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Yerry Mina to Everton to make roster room for Willian are two rumors for Barca this morning.

Benzema to AC Milan, Trippier to Madrid are two for them.

Atleti supposedly want Giroud.

Was wondering when La Liga would kick into the madness.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.