Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 458

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If you have any sense, you'll sell De Gea. Man needs a change to rediscover his form and confidence, and you have a natural replacement.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit, we have fired Raul Sanllehi...

3. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Ya, I predicted that they would win the whole thing too. All the stories this morning are Barca this, Barca that. If I was a Bayern fan like @orangehorizon I'd be pissed.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Man, if any neutrals want a club to support, come join Arsenal. It's a massive rollercoaster.

Our 2019/20 season:

Fire our head of recruitment, Sven Mislintat at end of previous season and lose european final.

Make a record signing, £72m Pepe.

Start season well with a few early wins.

Go on a streak of a couple of months without a league win.

Boo our captain off the pitch, who removes the armband and tells fans to fuck off.

Sack our manager after it became known players COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HIM and were openly mocking him to his face.

Hire former manager and underwear model Freddie Ljungberg.

Demote him to 2nd assistant and hire Mikel Arteta.

Start playing well but get knocked out of Europe by a team from Greece.

Season stopped in England because our manager gets the corona virus.

Ask squad to take paycut to save staff jobs.

First game back we get two injuries in half hour, and David Luiz gets sent off and is responsible for two goals.

Lose to Brighton, and have one of our best young players cause so many arguments and fights that we send him to the reserves.

Finish season strongly, Xhaka redeems himself and win the FA cup despite missing key players.

Make 55 staff redundant despite pay cut squad took.

Announce investigation into our transfer dealings and fire our Head of Football.

Nick likes this.
  5. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Think I saw a report yesterday or the day before that we were open to loaning Henderson out again, whether that's to Sheff United or elsewhere, but that we'd rather it be abroad than to a league rival.

Not sure it makes sense to me mind. We should be head and shoulders above them this year really, and if giving them Henderson makes them more likely to take points off our rivals, so be it. I think they've just realised they'd rather have a keeper they own rather than being reliant on our whims each summer. Can't blame them.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Imagine if Amazon picked us for a documentary this season...

7. It’s pretty funny to me that Spurs and Arsenal are such a massive rivalry in basically everything haha Spurs season makes for such a ridiculous documentary and yet there is one club who could potentially match them this year and it’s Arsenal. Such a wild season for both teams.

edit: I suppose Barca would make for a good one this year too

8. Barca just need to stabilize the club. It’s too chaotic right now. Too many unhappy people.

I think Poch is the perfect hire and I think he wants the job. He absolutely loves the city and would be extremely happy there. And he’d get to coach Messi for a couple years.

They still have ridiculous talent, obviously. They’ve just gotten stale. Bring in a new CB, MD, and FWD and they’ll be fine. I know that’s a lot but Barca can make it happen.

Example, if the get Poch I could see him trying to bring in Ndombele. Jose clearly doesn’t favor him right now and he could leave. Spurs would likely want a good swap deal and Barca is the perfect team for such a deal IMO.

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Poch would be the best hire for Barca. They need someone to rebuild and stabilize the mess that's going on there. A refreshed Poch with something to prove would be a fantastic hire

10. Not a great source but if Chelsea focus on adding Chilwell and a CB they’d be better off than blowing everything in Havertz.

11. Another thing on Poch to Barca...

He LOVES Puig and de Jong. He tried to sign both a couple years ago. He was spoken about Puig multiple times. I think he’d be very excited to have both players.

12. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I expect Poch didn't endear himself to the Barca fans all that well when he said he could never manage them after being involved with Espanyol though. The minute things aren't amazing, are they going to be straight on his back?

13. Probably

14. I’ve only read the headline and all I’ll say is, be careful what you wish for lol

15. JM95

Trusted

Interesting City lineup. Looks like a back 3/5 to me.

16. Milbury calling the Canes whiners lol

18. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Tidy finish from Cornet. Not sure what Ederson was doing mind you.

19. JM95

Trusted

Guardiola played a back three to get the spare man, with Walker at RWB to track Cornet. One long ball and the ploy was dismantled.

20. JM95

Trusted

Easy to say but Guardiola has overthought this again. They've limited their attacking threat with this system. They're not threatening down the right at all.

Should bring Mahrez on and go back to 4-3-3. Have to take the risk.

Nick and T.J. like this.
  21. T.J.

music and baseball.

Here he comes!

22. T.J.

music and baseball.

for real

23. T.J.

music and baseball.

De Bruyne!!!! Finally

24. KrisArronNev

Trusted

How has that goal not been called for offside? A step over is interference.

25. JM95

Trusted

That's the subjectivity of the modern rule.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.