Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 441

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

And it isn't lost on me, that on paper that isn't really any worse than Luiz and Mustafi lol

RobbieBerns, Garrett and Nick like this.
  2. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Such a shame those Regulion links were just shitty rumours. He looks a player.

3. So many mixed takes on Skriniar lol

If the swap for him goes through he is going to have so much pressure from our fans

4. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Proper halfhearted "here we go" from Fab there. Must be saving the ! and emojis for a different deal?

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Skriniar was absolutely smoked by Chong when we played them. Pass.

also why would Madrid even sell Reguilon? He looks good.

First half of this was mentioned already but excited for the second part.

6. KrisArronNev

Trusted

orangehorizon likes this.
  7. when was that game? Apparently he was really good until Conte got there and implemented the back 3

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So we aren’t just getting rid of Cagigao, but 10 scouts in total.

I’ve been doing some digging and it isn’t really as bad as it sounds. Out scouting has been abysmal in recent years aside from the man himself, our saving grace being South America, which is the network totally left in tact.

I suspect this could A two pronged thing. One, we seem to be signing South American players which makes sense considering Edu, Raul and... sigh, Kia... but also I suspect it is just step one in a massive overhaul of the scouting department.

Our euro scouting has been shit for years, look at all the average players we signed On their recommendations, from Perez to Mustafi, even players like Torreira and Xhaka who have been decent but flawed.

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Also I am totally ready for Gabriel Magalhaes to arrive and join Saliba. The sooner we get a new central defence, the better.

10. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Good job Wolves now have to play Sevilla. They'll finish them off if tonight's showing by Wolves is anything to go by.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  11. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I'd quite like to see Wolves win it. If they can get around Sevilla (no small task, given their recent years in this competition) they're in a pretty strong position.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. KrisArronNev

Trusted

What's Diego Dalot like, then?

13. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I like him. He's very much an attacking RB though. Defensively suspect in a back 4, but in a 3/5 at the back. There's a good player there I reckon, but it looks like his time at United is over and Ole doesn't rate him.

Big Un likes this.
  14. KrisArronNev

Trusted

I'm not sure if Ancelotti has ever played with wing backs so if he did come to us he'd likely play in a back 4. That said, we keep getting linked to centre-backs despite having Keane, Holgate, Mina and even Branthwaite. Perhaps the insiders know of a future formation shift?

15. Hojbjerg wrapped up and now the next target seems to be Callum Wilson.

I'm completely fine with him as Kane's backup. It'll finally allow Kane to rest some matches.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He's crap. Can't defend, positionally awful. His crossing is weak, never picks out a man just hits and hopes. His passing is awful.

The best and only thing he's really good it is dribbling past people.

17. I just need him to be decent in some Europa games lol

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

oh I was talking about Dalot, sorry didn't see your post.

Swoos likes this.
  19. KrisArronNev

Trusted

...yet he is only 20 so can I please hold onto that?

20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

He's raw, but I don't think he's unsalvageable. Just needs time.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He could be a good player, but he’s 21, was injured when we signed him, on and off injuries all this season, including right now. He hasn’t played much football for a 21 year old. I just don’t see him becoming a great player.

I would be delighted if we get the 20m back for him.

22. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Gotcha. The fact he's not played alot of football worries me.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He’s not even played reserve football for us which is incredibly worrying for him. I thought last year the only way he would become a first team footballer for us would be in right midfield. But his delivery and passing just aren’t there for that position. He’s a very exciting player when he has the ball and space to run into but it’s rare anything will come from that. He’s only played 10 games this season, but I’m not being funny when I say AWB has been a much bigger threat going forward in most games than he was, even though Dalot has much better dribbling and control.

24. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

To be fair, I think he'd only played 8 games for Porto before signing for us. He was never going to be first team ready from the off. He's a weird one, because it's so clear that he needs more development, but the relatively big money move has meant he's gone straight into a first team squad, at a bigger club, and been expected to challenge for the role. That then combined with the injuries, means that even though he's 21 he has the experience of a much younger player.

He needs to drop down a level to get some experience. But whether Everton is a big enough drop is a different question.

Nick likes this.
  25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah he played less than 10 games, then got injured. We signed him while he was injured. I don't think Everton is a big enough drop to be honest. A Championship loan would be great, at a team like Brentford or something.

Big Un and AFoolsGlory like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.