Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 403

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett L., Jul 16, 2018.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

No pressing, no urgency, no effort.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

We have been total dogshit today. Our entire defence can fuck off.

3. Huge win for the team

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

You could really tell this was a mid table clash. Both of these teams are awful. Spurs looked decent at the back though and we were a mess and that was the difference.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  5. Lucas was great today, otherwise very meh all around

6. Big Un

Regular

Mou's been saying he'd like to play in the Europa League again so he can try and win it for the third time. How does that sit with Spurs fans?

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

HOLY SHIT

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Leicester should be down to 9. How that penalty wasn’t a red is beyond me.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh my god :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

WOOOOW

11. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182

Holy shit, Solanke scoring two in a game. What a historic moment.

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We were 14 points and 20 goals behind Leicester at the turn of the year. We’re one point and 3 goals behind them now with a game in hand lmao.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  13. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182

Scared for tomorrow mind. Southampton are in great form recently. Hope we get it right selection wise. I can see us going unchanged again, but this Southampton team work so hard. I can't see us keeping up if we're unchanged again cause some of them are looking gassed.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah would be just like us (and Southampton) for us to drop points tomorrow.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  15. Lol in context, I think it’s fine

We were 14th and playing terrible when he took over and then had two months of injury crisis before 3 months of lockdown.

In the same quote he also mentioned how he doesn’t like Europa League but with CL not being a realistic option at this point EL is the goal. Which is fine imo.

16. i miss jared

would’ve liked to throw some friendly hell is real ribbing his way last night

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Got drunk during the Derby and still am a bit

I’ll take a win over Arsenal any day. Even when we’re both shit it’s satisfying

and honestly sure give me Europa. Give me a chance at any trophy, please I need it

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  18. I thought both goalkeepers had great games. Martinez has two really good saves (The Kane flick and the Davies rocket). He really masked how poor Arsenal’s defense was performing.

Lloris made some nice saves as well but nothing as dramatic as what Martinez had to deal with. Lloris has actually been really solid since the restart. He’s always been good at making spectacular saves but he’s definitely improved his distribution as well.

Joe4th and kidwithhelmet like this.
  19. Garrett

just looking for a little hope Moderator

when I met @Ruethless in NYC last year we talked about Jared. I hope he’s doing well

gonz (Alex) likes this.

20. Fuck :(

21. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182

So they've gotten away with it. What a joke. That's FFP done then yeah?

Joe4th likes this.
  22. AND the fine as reduced lmao

what a joke

Joe4th and AFoolsGlory like this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If that is the case, it's entirely possible both Spurs and Arsenal are totally out of european football next year. That will be interesting.

24. Big Un

Regular

"CAS say that the accusations of fiddling sponsorship were “either not established or time barred.” Time barred, in this case, means that they happened more than five years ago and couldn’t be investigated/punished again"

Lol. Five years too late, folks.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182

Very, very bad news for one of United, Chelsea or Leicester too.

I can't believe it can go from a 2 year ban to nothing just like that. Like, what did UEFA base their initial judgement on to have that sort of discrepancy? Or is this CAS fault for ignoring evidence? It's just so huge to not even settle on a reduction but to have nothing. Crazy.