Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 383

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

If there’s one thing we’ve been in the last 7 years, it’s the kings of shooting ourselves in the foot. We have an easy run in, but there’s a few teams in there that love to sit back and defend, which we’ve struggled against big time.

PandaBear! likes this.
  2. PandaBear! likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

4. From Jose's presser today. Please, just start him tomorrow to make this go away.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah I don’t see us going past 7th honestly

6. Yeah, even if we finish strong I think 7th is most likely. Wolves and United are playing too well to drop down.

7. Just saw West Brom are close to catching Leeds. Ugh. I really don't want them back in the league.

8. orangehorizon

Trusted

For some unknown reason I haven't checked this thread in a week or so. So now I am just going to quote anything I found in that timespan :)

I certainly do. The first season I really followed was 92/93 when Bremen were champions in the end. They had Rehhagel as a coach and there was quite some tension between Willi Lembke and Uli Hoeneß (both managers).

And then there was the legendary UEFA-Cup semi-final between Bremen and HSV which was decided by a paper ball.

What did you do to them? Thats a sad site to see :)

It would have been really exciting til the end if Dortmund had won against Bayern. That was the crucial match. They would have been 1 point behind if they had won. And we still had to play Leverkusen and Gladbach.

But that's how it goes. One game can decide everything. And that's what's happened here.

Check the transfers of the last 5 years. There was certainly one team that was buying every talent from all other Buli teams. And that team was not Bayern ;)

But really, I want the Bundesliga to be as exciting as everyone else. It is just so much better to win the title on the last day than to win it several days in advance. And especially this year it could have gone this way. Shortly before christmas we were in 7th place and the other teams just should not have collapsed all at once.

Bobby likes this.
  9. Platy

Sam

Classic badge, simple classic design, finally not having a terrible sponsor. Good enough for League 1.

[​IMG]

PandaBear! and AFoolsGlory like this.
  10. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Peter Lim's daughter is baiting Valencia fans big time on Instagram. In short, she's said her Dad can do what he wants with the club and nobody can stop him. Hopefully her words come back to haunt her for the sake of the club.

orangehorizon and Garrett like this.
  11. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Looks like a decent run in for United. Bournemouth, Villa, Southampton, Palace, West Ham, Leicester. Chelsea v Wolves on the final day as well, should still be a lot up for grabs as well.

Apparently we’re finding out on the 13th about City’s ban and whether or not the appeal was successful.

12. Yes, please let arsenal blow their budget on another attacking player

RobbieBerns likes this.
  13. Bobby

Trusted

Washed up Dortmund player on asa squads out here shitting on top PL clubs.
    I just assumed people knew the history of BuLi transfers over the last five years, ergo why I didn't mention that in the discussion :) Some things are best left unspoken ;) But yes, one of the additional reasons why Bayern's purchases cannot be the sole or primary explanation for the lack of competition is due to the acquisitions made by other clubs. So it must be stated that domestic acquisitions by Dortmund can also be to blame for the lack of talent in lower table teams that would arguably make things a bit more difficult for Bayern.

And many people do fail to realize that the Bundesliga really is an exciting league and it usually takes Bayern until after Christmas to sort things out, but as you mentioned, this isn't always guaranteed and there are always opportunities for clubs to make things different. It was not a foregone conclusion that Dortmund would have lost 1-0 to Bayern in that match and things were still close enough then for it to have gone much differently. Again, Bayern cannot be faulted for the inconsistency of Dortmund (or Leipzig, Gladbach, Leverkusen). It is not by lack of talent that Dortmund lost 7 times and to say it for the thousandth time, Bayern is not at fault for that.

And arguably, Leipzig may have had just as much disappointment as Dortmund. In the final 9 matches, they saw some crucial points dropped against two relegation sides (Paderborn, Dusseldorf), against two mid-table teams (Herta and Freiburg), and a loss to Dortmund at home. There were points to be had there. They had a chance to put pressure on Bayern as well and leave Dortmund in third.

orangehorizon likes this.
  14. VAR can fuck off forever

15. He got fouled, fell, ball kicked into him...handball

16. Wtf is that seriously

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, how in the hell was that a handball. Shouldn't have even been VAR.

18. Not even a yellow for the elbow?

19. Why wasn’t it a free kick? The only reason his arm touched it was because he was fouled

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  20. Good lord the defense fell apart there

21. What a fucking flop

22. 2 Kane goals that won’t count

23. We look like shit anyways lol

24. JM95

Trusted

Oof

25. Just standing around letting them pass around the box

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.