Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 38

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I did think we would lose to Leicester. I thought I posted about it on here but it must have been Redcafe, the closes I can find is me saying we would struggle for the first few weeks. I thought we would lose the first three games due to the amount of players that came back very late and the defensive injuries we were having.

okayibelieveyou likes this.
  2. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Just surprising. Leicester obviously in a transitional period as well moving on their title winning squad, along with the loss of Mahrez and how quickly that would all gel together. They have started well.

It's strange that I see similarities between Utd and us except obviously on a higher scale with the defensive, particularly CB, problems.

Windowsdown likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We had a really poor pre season as well. That doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but our players didn't look fit. They didn't look like they were ready to start a league season.

I can see why it would be surprising but we were starting the season with our whole first choice defence out. Our midfield was Pogba, who only had 4 days training, Fred in his first match in England and Pereira in his first league start. Missing Lukaku up top too. It's ridiculous to say but I think the three points against Leicester were a bonus and for once I think the international break at the end of August will suit us.

Brighton was probably the most optimistic I was for the first three games. I thought we could sneak a win. That turned out well in the end!

4. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Looks like Besic and Bolasie are off to Boro. This time I mean it.

5. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Is Bolasie just being sent out to get some fitness after that nasty injury or has his star fallen really badly?

6. JM95

Trusted

I think it's because he's not very good.

7. KrisArronNev

Trusted

He's been sent off because he's surplus to requirements. That injury hasn't helped his cause, but the reality is you can tell he comes from a non-league background. He has pace to burn and the occasional stepover but very little else. I guess Pulis wants someone in Traore's mold.

8. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

At least Manchester United's next match is on Monday while I'm at work so I won't be watching.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

[​IMG]

Kits for the lads.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Saw that. Sadly the tweet is worded up to get likes and retweets. He hasn't exactly woken up, and communicating. But he can sometimes move parts of his face in response to his family members. Still, it's progress.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah, once someone posted the true video is comes from it certainly sets expectations lower again.

Anything is great for him though, hopefully one day he can live something close to a normal life.

Nick likes this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Shots fired by Pogba's agent:

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I suspect Pogba or Mou will be leaving by the end of January.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Would take an absolutely massive amount of money for Pogba to leave.

But to be fair that tweet is Raiola and Mourinho singing off the same "feck Scholes" hymn sheet.

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It’s a shame the Pogba for Gomes swap never happened :crylaugh:

17. KrisArronNev Aug 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2018)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Looks like ALL of the La Liga captains oppose to playing in the US.

18. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

imagine winston churchill being your go to example of a good leader lol

19. Fans of other teams starting a petition to have points taken away from Spurs because of the stadium situation. These people need to get a life lol

20. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I missed quite a bit but I’ve been watching All or Nothing the last few days. Some really good stuff. The show is well executed. Not looking forward to episode 7 though.

21. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

I'm on Episode 3. It's been really good and interesting to watch. Guardiola swears A LOT.

Felt really sorry for Aguero when he was showing them around his house though.

22. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Houston Dynamo have dropped 18 points this season in the last 10 minutes + stoppage time of games.

We find ourselves near the bottom of the table. Lowest payroll in MLS. Ownership doesn't care to invest. Fans no longer care to show up.

Can't wait to see tonight's Texas Derby in front of 8,000 fans. Hope we give up 2 goals in stoppage time like last week.

23. orangehorizon

Trusted

Coman already injured in the first half of the first Bundesliga match.

24. orangehorizon

Trusted

VAR is such a joke...

25. orangehorizon

Trusted

It's getting worse by the minute

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.