Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 359

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Joe4th likes this.
  2. orangehorizon

Trusted

3. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Bayern have been great since the restart. I might check to see if there are any good odds on them winning the Champions League!

orangehorizon likes this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Two weeks after restart and the Bundesliga title is becoming a non-contest again.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  5. orangehorizon May 30, 2020
    (Last edited: May 30, 2020)
    orangehorizon

Trusted

We actually have been great since Flick took over. We only lost 2 games under him, against Gladbach and Leverkusen, and even in those 2 games we had like 20 chances each and just were not able to convert them.

I had really high hopes for the Champions League this year even before Corona. because especially in the CL games we were really focused and dominated the opponents in most games. It's not that we were clear favorites or something but we looked like a serious contender. And now after the restart we do so even more. But it surely all depends on if and when and how the CL is resumed.

6. Who are the rumored favorites for Sancho? Is it United?

7. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I think so, but at this point United (and Madrid) are probably the only two that can afford him in a post-COVID world. Can't see many others spending £150 million this summer.

Swoos likes this.
  8. awakeohsleeper likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I know Liverpool are walking the PL title, but I really wish someone other than Bayern would win the Bundesliga. It's just boring at this point, but not their fault. They're just better, and the only team who could possibly compete just don't show up in big moments.

10. So what's up with City's ban? Does 5th place get in CL?

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

CAS hearing is in the next two weeks with another 2-3 weeks for decision. So nothing new as of now.

12. SamLevi11 Jun 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2020)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I would expect it to be upheld though, as a one year ban rather than two in order to compromise

13. The race for 5th is gonna be wild

14. bobby_runs

let em play both years but the fine is whatever the $$$ would be in each year.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

No. They broke the rules they should face the consequences.

16. bobby_runs

I don't really want to do this back and forth but UEFA are just as corrupt. Collect your money and pass go.

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don’t think the UEFA is as corrupt as Saudi Money City

orangehorizon and SamLevi11 like this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s mad that a club can blatantly cheat and still have people defending that cheating.

Joe4th and AFoolsGlory like this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I originally posted a really snarky comment here but I deleted it. You all know my feelings and I don't want to contribute to a negative atmosphere here.

Still hope they get banned though but it's not the biggest issue in the world right now.

Joe4th likes this.
  20. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

There's no point in fining a club who have essentially infinite money. That was the whole problem in the first place. Boot them out for a year and let them whine as much as they like.

21. Platy

Sam

Newcastle?

Joe4th likes this.
  22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

If y’all need some wholesome content, I highly recommend following Iniesta on Instagram. It’s like 90% cute dad content that makes you forget he’s one of the best ever to play the game.

23. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Milinkovic's injured for Lazio. That's another title race down the pan.

Nick likes this.
  25. bobby_runs

This is the most likely outcome. Not guilty in the court but guilty in public opinion.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.