Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 346

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I was only able to guess the second one.

2. JM95

Trusted

I know the first three. The first one is one I've come across quite a lot. The second one is not too tricky. I'm guessing the third is Capello's Milan
    No idea about the fourth.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I thought the first two were easy. But fun pieces of footballing history.

yep that’s the one

JM95 likes this.
  4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Name one
    I like the trivia questions where you gotta name X number of things.

Like name 5 players to win the UCL and World Cup.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I wanna play a pub quiz

orangehorizon and AFoolsGlory like this.
  6. orangehorizon

Trusted

Kaiserslautern

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. orangehorizon

Trusted

I just heard a good one the other day:

Only 2 players scored against Oliver Kahn at the World Cup 2002. Name them.

8. JM95

Trusted

Ronaldo was one of them. He scored two in the final.

I think the other was Robbie Keane?

2002 was the first World Cup I remember watching so I have stronger memories of it than any other since then.

orangehorizon likes this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Definitely Robbie. What a goal that was.

orangehorizon and JM95 like this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

11. orangehorizon

Trusted

Correct :thumbup:

That was too easy. Any German football fan 20+ knows this. Would be a shame if not.
    Otto Rehhagel is probably one of the most underrated football coaches. This was just one of his many succesful years. Winning the Euro 2004 with Greece was certainly equally big.

12. KrisArronNev

Trusted

There's reports in Italy that all 40k spectators who were at the Atalanta v Valencia game at the San Siro could be infected by coronavirus. I'm not sure how they are able to tell this but it's crazy news if true.

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

They were mad to let that game go ahead.

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It's going to be a wild ride to watch

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Had a day of watching Arsenal clips intermittently, and what he says here just made love Thierry Henry even more.

PandaBear! and JM95 like this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

One of my favorite individual game performances of all time. And to cap it with this goal. He got a standing ovation from the Bernabeu when subbed off shortly after this.

What a damn player.

18. SamLevi11 Mar 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 30, 2020)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Apparently Man City are accusing Arsenal of being behind the "plot" to get their ban upheld.

The "plot" to have the laws of the game actually mean something.

How is it "plot" when you literally broke the rules and are now trying to weasel your way out of the consequences. Do they think we have abide by the rules for the fun of it, when over the last 15 years it has cost us many times? No, we did it because it was the right thing to do.

Man City can go and get fucked. No amount of good football will change that their team has no soul anymore. They're just a husk.

God I hate that shitty pathetic oil-stained sportwashing excuse for what used to be a genuine team. They're just an abhorrent outlet for an abhorrent regime.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Lmao go cry forever Man City

RobbieBerns and SamLevi11 like this.
  20. JM95

Trusted

It must kill some City fans how hollow their success is. You'll never be a Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal or even Chelsea. Neither your squad nor your coach would give a single shit about your culture or history if you didn't happen to have all that investment. If it all goes, you've got nothing. I can't wait to see it.

RobbieBerns and Nick like this.
  21. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I'm not going to respond because I don't have the energy for a back and forth. But why as fans should we argue for decisions that front offices are making?

22. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

It's the same as people defending companies. If a club or company does something shitty or anticonsumer or cheats. They don't owe you shit. They don't need you defending them. They knew what they did was wrong but they did it anyway. It just rubs off badly as an individual on you.

Joe4th, RobbieBerns and Nick like this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Well, Man City wouldn’t have any titles and probably wouldn’t even be in the Premier league without what the owners did so...

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I have nothing against City FANS.

As an Arsenal fan, I won't pretend I don't hate our owners too. God, if that consortium took over Arsenal I would be devastated. I don't know how I'd feel about them going forward even if them winning things made me happy. City fans are (like all fanbases) mostly totally fine and I have nothing against them.

(Although if a fan started supporting them when this was all public knowledge then really that's a very big shade of grey)

The club, however, is scum.

orangehorizon, Joe4th and Nick like this.
  25. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Sorry, how are Chelsea really any different to City? Their club history is not all that dissimilar to Man City's prior to Abramovich. They blew everyone else away with spending power prior to any sort of FFP.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.