Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 345

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Inter need to absolutely keep hold of Martinez and drive his value up, will easily be £100m+ in a season or two.

Bobby likes this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I suppose transfer rumours are all we have left to talk about...!

Do we think there’s any validity to any transfers rumours right now when we don’t even know what’s going to happen with the leagues, finish dates, whole team isolations etc. or do we think there might be a lot of sports journalists with free time and column space in the newspapers?! There’s only so many articles we can read about how they resolve the 2019-20 season!

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

his release clause is 125 already iirc

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

What’s the one transfer everyone hopes their side makes? I’m really hoping Sancho to United goes through, with Chiesa as a fall back option. I think a top tier RW would be transformative for this side.

5. Platy

Sam

If we're dreaming then a new owner/manager combination?

6. Garrett

Kongdobia.

7. Ndidi

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Donkey.

9. Platy

Sam

Euro 2020 suspended until next year.

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. Bobby

Trusted

Preserved Moose likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Got to admire the cross from the young Yoshi there, though.

Garrett L. likes this.
  12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Pinpoint accuracy from the young lad.

13. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Take nothing away from the difficult finish there, but Yoshi really did put it on a plate for DK.

14. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Football in England suspended until at least April 30th.

15. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

FM20 is free to play on Steam. It might get me to finally upgrade from FM14 lol

GBlades and JM95 like this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Woah, that's quite the change haha. The only thing I don't like about the new games really is the scouting system, otherwise it's pretty excellent.

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It really pisses me off when my 20/20 scout who is the best in the game recommends a 5 star player that will suit the system perfectly and I go sign him and suddenly he’s 2 stars and really really shit.

sometimes I just want to be lazy during the transfer window man :tear:

18. Garrett

19. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I'm going to do an isolation pub quiz for me and my mates tonight to do in the group chat and I'm trying to come up with some football questions. Things like "I scored x amount of goals for England and represented Newcastle and Blackburn in the Premier League, who am I?".

Anyone got any good ones?

20. Garrett

Bojan Krkic probably would be a cool one. “I’ve played for x, y, and z and yet never did anything of note”

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What player has scored a hat trick in all 4 top levels of fully professional football in England, the FA Cup, the League Cup, and an international game?

I played for Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, and AC Milan and only won a league title at one of those clubs, who am I?

What team won their domestic league scoring 36 goals with a goal difference of +21?

In the span of three seasons, one team was relegated from the Bundesliga, promoted from the second division, and then won the Bundesliga, name the team.

They’re probably all really easy, but some of my favourite facts about football.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  22. Platy

Sam

Something about the father/son Buffon has played with and against in his career?

I think it's 4 but I might be wrong.

23. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Those are all really good actually. Won't lie, I don't actually know the answers to some of them - the hat trick one has to be Vardy I'm guessing?

24. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I've done ones based on the Cruyff Turn, about how many goals Rooney scored for England, and how many clubs Lampard played for, so far.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Earnshaw.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.