Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 332

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Really good to see Andre Gomes back.

2. JM95

Trusted

Ancelotti's mentality is out of step with his squad's. A winner managing a bunch of players who would be nothing more than decent backup at Champions League teams. Everton need a big revamp in certain areas of their squad before they even think they can achieve anything.

3. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Absolute scenes at Turf Moor today. Bournemouth commit a handball in their own box, which goes uncalled and leads to an up the field counter attack equalizer. VAR reviews the handball and (correctly imo) nullifies the equalizer and rewards the penalty.

4. KrisArronNev

Trusted

What type of players do you suggest Everton sign instead? I mean, without European football are we going to attract the next level? You obviously rate Ancelloti by calling him a winner. Well, he obviously rates us and our project by signing his contract.

awakeohsleeper and orangehorizon like this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Are you sure?
    [​IMG]

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yesterday's match was a strange one but I'm super happy with the win.

Everton caught us cold at the start, and Kolasinac didn't look ready to come back from injury. His injury really helped us, and we totally cook charge from there. Saka did great for that goal and both Nketiah and Auba's finishes wee sublime. A goalkeeping error was unfortunate to make it level at half time but we came out and did to them what they did to us.

After that, you could tell we played 90 minutes midweek and Everton didn't and we were struggling fitness wise, but did well to hold on.

Now we've 4 points off a potential CL place...

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Funniest moment of the weekend:

[​IMG]

PandaBear! and Nick like this.
  8. I think I'm going to unfollow the majority of the Spurs news/blog accounts I follow. Whether it's a post from one of them or a post showing up on my timeline that they liked, it's just constant negativity. And I know every fanbase is this way, so it's not a knock on Spurs fans, but good lord I cannot take the Poch/Levy/Jose debates anymore. I'm not going to pretend that I don't wish Poch was still here. I was hoping he'd stay for his remaining coaching career. But things happen. Relationships don't always last forever. As much as it sucked, it was the end.

Jose has been Jose. He's always going to be. There's no point in getting a big reaction out of his presser antics. When you look at it, we were in 14th when he arrived with zero signs of turning things around. Saturday we entered a game 1 point out of 4th and facing the team in front of us in the table. Obviously we lost and that sucks but I don't know how you can blame Jose. People whine about his tactics non-stop and ignore that he's been so limited in what he can do recently. I'm going to hold judgement until next season. Let him get a pre-season and summer window before we start tearing him apart. Because after Saturday that's all I've seen. Spurs fans shredding him. I don't get it.

Joe4th likes this.
  9. At least we don't have a mid-week game this week. Wolves on Sunday is going to be a war.

Joe4th likes this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

lol welcome to the last 3 years of supporting United. It gets worse. It was amazing how effective he was at turning fans against each other and against the players.

11. Oh this isn’t because of Jose. These people nit picked and complained about everything even when Poch was here. They’re miserable people.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yep. Same with United fans. Somehow Jose magnified that tough and it got so so much worse.

13. Jose didn’t have a chance with a good chunk of the fan base before day one. He was the most hated manager by our fan base before arriving and he replaced maybe the most loved manager in the club’s history. And it all happened in less than 24 hours.

14. I honestly kinda like his pressers. It’s entertaining and he doesn’t hold back. Not always the best thing for the club though haha

Joe4th and PandaBear! like this.
  15. JM95

Trusted

Sure; he rates the club and the potential project, not the squad. You happy with Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Bernard, Walcott, Keane etc?

You don't have much winning mentality in your squad and you've spent the last few years paying excessive fees for reasonably talented but mentally weak players who were never going to take you anywhere. I think you could well be set to achieve with Ancelotti, and the big plans the club seems to have for the future, but you've got to be ruthless with that squad. He's identified DCL and Richarlison as an area of strength but you need some major improvements behind and alongside. Gomes for his half an hour yesterday did more in terms of quality and stamping his authority on a game than the rest of your midfield put together.

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

it's close. Chelsea fans are insufferable and a good majority racist, which makes it personally worse

17. Chelsea has kinda become a bigger rival for me recently. There’s a lot more hatred between the players.

kidwithhelmet and Joe4th like this.
  18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

@Swoos
    If you're talking about seeing "likes" on Twitter you can make those go away over time. When it was REALLY bad a few years ago I marked each one as "I don't want to see this" and now I no longer see tweets that others like.

JM95 likes this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Couldn't agree more, just being a shit house tbf.

Kind of comes from that game when Leicester won the title I think. Your players lost their heads and it's consistently boiled over since then.

Nick and Joe4th like this.
  20. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

oh Fabianski.

21. bobby_runs

Why bother looking at results before final whistle with LiVARpool

22. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

God is Senegalese.

23. bobby_runs

And my personal hell is filled with Liverpool fans

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

West Ham are truly, deeply shit.

Joe4th, Swoos and PandaBear! like this.
  25. West Ham being relegated would make this terrible season better.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.