Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 328

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Just posting this for those who may not have seen it. Hot take from me :right: Haaland is a more exciting player than Mbappe is right now.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. Why wasn’t Levy making bids for Haaaland??? Ugh haha

3. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Verratti out of the second leg v Dortmund is big. The noise the net made for Haaland's second goal gave me goosebumps.

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

How is Haaland playing for Dortmund in Champions League?

5. JM95

Trusted

Great defensive display from Atleti. We weren't on it tonight but even on a bad night, keeping a clean sheet against us and doing so convincingly requires so much work and organisation.

Subs derailed us tonight. Mane and Salah obviously are huge misses when you take them out but that we ended up with Ox right wing, Milner left wing (!) and Firmino behind Origi didn't really make much sense to me. Rhythm doesn't look there after the winter break yet so hopefully we'll get up to speed again soon.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  6. I think they dropped that rule

7. It really doesn’t make sense why Haaland is this good already. I can’t imagine what some club is going to pay for him.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He has a release clause for reason lol

9. What’s the release clause?

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

€60m from summer 2021. One of the reasons we didn't sign him.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Apparently Grealish is our #1 target for the summer. Not sure how I feel about that. I think he's OK but don't see what others do in him. Strikes me as a big fish/small pond player.

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. JM95

Trusted

Right decision. Had a very good spell in 2016 but he's been a waste of money otherwise. The contract he got three years ago was daft.

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

He's quality IMO. A better option than Maddison as he can play LW as well as CAM (where Bruno is better than both anyway), but everyone and their mother knows who the top clubs' #1 target really is this summer. Buying Grealish is kinda like how CFC bought Ziyech - a quality player at a decent price that fans will react positively to, just incase they end up missing out on Jadon Sancho. The bidding war for him will be insane.

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

is @Swoos okay? tottenham are playing and he hasn't posted during the game.

this is part joke part serious haha

orangehorizon likes this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That near goal made me so mad

we have zero attack. Almost like we needed a striker

16. Joe4th

Any time a spurs players get in their zone they get mugged by RB. Yeesh.

17. Joe4th

I hate this game

18. I wasn’t able to watch haha

But the score line doesn’t surprise me. Also doesn’t surprise me we gave up a penalty. Seems to be our thing.

But yeah, no Kane or Son is bad news. I think we can find a way to stay in the top 4/5 hunt but we won’t be able to beat other top European clubs with these injuries.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Joe4th

We only tried for like 20 minutes at the end

not having a striker is killing us. Nobody can score. Crosses to Moura (lol), corners that go over everyone's head, it's bad. RB played pretty rough and had a shit ton of fouls with only one yellow, but overall we looked lost on offense

20. Joe4th

I really wish Ndombele could get match fit already. He's a game changer for the 15-20 minutes he can actually play

21. 1-0 is the way to lose if you’re going to lose I suppose. But I think we used all of our CL magic last year. Wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 3-0 in Germany.

With that said, I think we’ll beat Chelsea Saturday.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Classic Jose rant. Wasn't expecting it this early though

23. Jose has every reason to be frustrated considering the issues he’s had to deal with since arriving. I don’t have a problem with what he said.

But already seeing English pundits criticizing him for tonight and questioning his tactics lol not sure what they want him to do at this point

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I mean, fair.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.